MQ2MyButtons - all buttons disappeared

Fayman

Reaction score
This plugin is one of my most useful ones. All socials are reserved and this one rescues a small couple of buttons to control a raid. I don't hope it is broken. I could only try a couple of things before DGB kicked all toons out. Checking my XML-files did not reveal any error or problem. Despite that I have searched for the source code because I tried to enhance the amount of buttons via the XML file but this breaks many other functions of different other macros.

a) Is it broken atm or is that only the usual mess of DGB for launch after a new xpac?
b) Is the source code somewhere available for own experimental fields to enhance that precious?

I like this plugin too. i have all my commands to MQ2Bot set on it. like pulls on/off, pull radius etc. haven't logged in for 2 weeks so hoping its just a ui issue.

Xeniaz committed Knightlys new version of MQ2MyButtons. It's an upgrade, but issue is it only supports 12 buttons.

I've reverted it back to old version of MQ2MyButtons until solutions can be found. Check for updates and things should be back to normal.

Reactions: Fizz
Would either of you guys mind sharing how you use this plugin a little more? Looking at the wiki, it looks like basic hotkey functionality with a TLO for macro reference. Can you do more with these hotkeys? Multi-lines? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks

I use all extra 40 buttons, and yes they work like champ with /multiline ;

But we could not change the size of the button so the button's name appearance is tricky (any words longer than 5 letters wouldn't show). If the devs can fix that then this plugin gonna be perfect.

@islandgirl671 did some work with the buttons recently changed the size and number of buttons might be work speaking with her

Problem is, that i need the source code to enhance it properly. I tried to enhance it beyond 40 but other macros interfere easily and it does not work properly. The old one is nevertheless a charm with the capability to use 40 slots. There is a RG version which has only 12. I assume the new one with 12 buttons is from RG and it sucks because of the limits. My whole raid army is build around that 40-button-plugin. DGB has enhanced the hotbutton blocks by 1 but 12 new entries without the most important and needed changes - to enhance the stupid limits of the socials - its pretty useless.
myMQ2Hotbuttons does circumvent the limits for that. It is absolute essential in my setup.

So If the original source would be available or a possible upgrade to the old one prepared for further buttons, this would be a charm. And via the XML files it is possible to boost that up to 40 buttons (which are completely in use by my config). I can control a whole raid and every action of every group inside the raid with this plugin. But 40 buttons have its limits. A plugin with 12 buttons is a shot into the head compared to the old one.

Is the source available from Emule directly? Or what is the origin of it?

Reactions: KingArthur
Problem is, that i need the source code to enhance it properly. I tried to enhance it beyond 40 but other macros interfere easily and it does not work properly. The old one is nevertheless a charm with the capability to use 40 slots. There is a RG version which has only 12. I assume the new one with 12 buttons is from RG and it sucks because of the limits. My whole raid army is build around that 40-button-plugin. DGB has enhanced the hotbutton blocks by 1 but 12 new entries without the most important and needed changes - to enhance the stupid limits of the socials - its pretty useless.
myMQ2Hotbuttons does circumvent the limits for that. It is absolute essential in my setup.

So If the original source would be available or a possible upgrade to the old one prepared for further buttons, this would be a charm. And via the XML files it is possible to boost that up to 40 buttons (which are completely in use by my config). I can control a whole raid and every action of every group inside the raid with this plugin. But 40 buttons have its limits. A plugin with 12 buttons is a shot into the head compared to the old one.

Is the source available from Emule directly? Or what is the origin of it?

I don't even know where it originally came from. it's pretty old. Htw changed it from 20 to 40 buttons in 2018. I'll shoot you a message.

I experimented with the RG 12 button code. Tested that a couple of months ago and was not excited. Colors don't worked, still don't work. And after a /multiline with some arguments it shot the complete graphic system of EQ into Nirvana. This thing is still borked. The old one never kicked me regardless how long the /multiline was.

So first i thought it is a DGB extension but its the other button plugin.
So I am waiting for the 40+ row ;)

The old one is active again and works like a charm. Thank you for that. 40 Buttons to control 5 groups in 8 independent command lines. I have upped the raid to 8 groups and 9 are planned for a complete 54 toon raid. At moment these at buttons control 2 groups together (12 toons per 8-button-row). If there is an upgrade to 80 buttons then I can control 9 groups in singlgroup-mode (full raid) with an option of 8 commands for buttons to control a couple of groups at once. Waiting eagerly on the update or the source code to enhance that.

Perhaps a note for people who want to have some experience in MQ2Dannet und EQBC in big groups: it seems it has some problems with MQ2Dannet in connection with long lines. And as good as MQ2Dannet is, it has some problems or missing flexibility in using group names (only /dge <groupname> works properly). MQ2Dannet seems optimal for heavy load with simple commands. EQBC has problems under heavy load and limited CPU power but works with complex command lines. I have 3 EQBC server at moment for that to interact each other with MQ2Dannet. So I use both together to handle and optimize big groups, heavy load and big or small commands via a couple of PCs.

The reason for that setup is doing old world raids which can have a bit more complexity with this crew.

i just made some changes to the ui and made the adjustments. im not using all 40 buttons but i could add them if i need them

1607923955672.png

Reactions: KingArthur
Hi IG @islandgirl671 could you share your ui pieces plz? I really like it and I prolly will change it to 40 buttons version=) thanks a ton

Reactions: Fizz
updated my Buttons to control my MQ2Bot.

Capture.PNG

Anyone know how to change the settings so that the ui can be locked directly without having to lock an unlock in the [MQ2MyButtons] section of the bot settings?
If you change Locked=1 to 0 you can move the window but you cannot lock it within the game

Last edited: