MQ2Melee question

loyal

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
is there a way I can tell melee to chain cast Thwart when I am in combat but now when out of combat?

I'm not familiar enough with the spell/class to tell if there is built in support for Mq2Melee but you should be able to write a "HolyShit" that would spam it ever time it is up and you have attack turned on.

unfortunately I do not understand holy shits at all. it is a foreign language

Thwart is part of the withstand line for MQ2Melee

Lets look at the MQ2Melee Wiki

• withstand=[0-100]
    Will try to use Withstand/Defy/Renounce/Reprove/Repel disc if endurance above this %.

Example, if you want withstand (Thwart) to fire whenever you have 15% or greater endurance:

/melee withstand=15 save

Ok that is pretty useless for what you need but gets us moving in right direction.

INI File

MQ2Melee saves most options for each character in the INI file called server_charname.ini. Most options in the INI file are set using the command line (/melee command=on|off, or /melee "command=value") and they are best set this way, and not by editing the INI file. Any options given this way are then saved to the INI file when you issue the command /melee save. Options that contain macro commands are set by editing the INI file and then loading the values with /melee load.
"IF" Options

The following "IF" options can be set in the INI file. They will then be evaluated before the relevant disc/skill is triggered, and that evaluation must result in true, or else the disc/skill will not fire.
They all need to take the form of ${If[condition,1,0]} statements and must return an integer. Any return of 0 is considered FALSE, any other integer is considered TRUE.

Eg. ${If[${Me.Combat},1,0]} will return TRUE if you are in combat, FALSE otherwise.

withstandif is what we want

I'm thinking adding

withstandif=${If[${Me.Combat},1,0]}

To your MQ2Melee INI at server_charname.ini will make Thwart only cast when your in combat.

Let me know how you go.

Thwart

As of a couple nights ago, Withstand in Melee would only fire up to Spurn. If you bought the Synergy upgrade for ToV, it would no longer trigger the buff from synergy. I am not sure if this is still the case, will test when I log in in the morning.

I mashed together a holy for it and turned withstand to off.

Open your MQfolder and select your toons INI file.
Change:
ShowHolyShit=0 to ShowHolyShit=1

At the bottom of the melee ini section put:

holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Melee.AggroMode} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Thwart Rk. II]} ) /disc Thwart Rk. II