MQ2IC and the secret emails

nookiecookie

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if MQ2IC sends emails to eqmule and GM woebot if you using or trying to use mq2?

Is it only on truebox servers or every server?

What is the extent of the "handshake deal" between eqmule and DPG?

I think the problem was that it was only supposed to be on Truebox servers, but for a very short window of time on December 31st, it went out for people on many more servers.

yes we know for sure

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 137
I think the problem was that it was only supposed to be on Truebox servers, but for a very short window of time on December 31st, it went out for people on many more servers.

It was not a short period of time. I had 2 accounts not even created until feb 9th suspended which tells you this was happening at the very least until feb 9th.

Eqmule has been doing this for a long time. He'll say it was only for TLPs, or only supposed to be for TLPs but you can't trust anything he says. He basically works for Darkpaw Games and has taken his open source project and made it closed source. That's fine, it's his work and he can do what he wants with it but just know that if you do anything he deems unacceptable your account will be suspended/ban.

The client stores your account name and password in plain text in memory too in case anyone was interested, so if he is sending in game mail back to DBG/DPG, you don't think he is collecting other information within MQ2IC? You've been given a small snippet of proof of what's happening inside MQ2IC but it's likely only the tip of the iceberg.

The simple truth is Eqmule overstepped boundaries when he added MQ2IC and started hiding stuff from the community. The problem is no one is in a position to create MQ2 without him at this point. If the intention was to keep MQ2 off TLPs there were better ways of handling it than trying to add that restriction within MQ2. Now you've got a custom builder (conveniently have to subscribe $$ each month), your plugins have to be approved and built within there, and you have no idea what's inside MQ2IC. So what's happened now that you've got MQ2IC? You've got people selling cracked copies for bitcoin, a new hacking program that specializes in warp, speed hacks, afk'ing etc, and other custom programs such as ShowEQ with targeting built into it. This is all cause/effect of MQ2IC. Eqmule thinks he has stopped MQ2 across TLPs but all he has done is generated a new market for selling cracked copies of MQ2. If you reverse engineer someone elses code, expect yours to be reverse engineered as well. Add all of the hashing and protections you want it can all be undone.

I say this all and I still MQ2, again, because there is currently no better option. Hopefully that changes sometime in the near future, I've heard rumors and look forward to a new opportunity.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I have always trusted MQ2 privacy. I wouldnt play EQ without MQ2, its just not worth it.

With that said, I dont know if this is something worth getting pissed off about. Does it mean that those ban waves are nothing more than picking and choosing? If someone gets a fly up their ass, are we going to be risking every account we have ever logged in on?

Or are we going to be fine as long as we maintain the Cheat Smarter attitude that I wish many would continue to uphold?

Eqmule has been doing this for a long time. He'll say it was only for TLPs, or only supposed to be for TLPs but you can't trust anything he says. He basically works for Darkpaw Games and has taken his open source project and made it closed source. That's fine, it's his work and he can do what he wants with it but just know that if you do anything he deems unacceptable your account will be suspended/ban.

The client stores your account name and password in plain text in memory too in case anyone was interested, so if he is sending in game mail back to DBG/DPG, you don't think he is collecting other information within MQ2IC? You've been given a small snippet of proof of what's happening inside MQ2IC but it's likely only the tip of the iceberg.

The simple truth is Eqmule overstepped boundaries when he added MQ2IC and started hiding stuff from the community. The problem is no one is in a position to create MQ2 without him at this point. If the intention was to keep MQ2 off TLPs there were better ways of handling it than trying to add that restriction within MQ2. Now you've got a custom builder (conveniently have to subscribe $$ each month), your plugins have to be approved and built within there, and you have no idea what's inside MQ2IC. So what's happened now that you've got MQ2IC? You've got people selling cracked copies for bitcoin, a new hacking program that specializes in warp, speed hacks, afk'ing etc, and other custom programs such as ShowEQ with targeting built into it. This is all cause/effect of MQ2IC. Eqmule thinks he has stopped MQ2 across TLPs but all he has done is generated a new market for selling cracked copies of MQ2. If you reverse engineer someone elses code, expect yours to be reverse engineered as well. Add all of the hashing and protections you want it can all be undone.

I say this all and I still MQ2, again, because there is currently no better option. Hopefully that changes sometime in the near future, I've heard rumors and look forward to a new opportunity.

Actually mq2 is GPL its not his project in fact under GPL no plugin can be distributed as closed source you can write private plugins but if you distribute them they fall under the GPL of the entire project Under GPL law you can request the source for mq2ic and he has to provide it but whos going to sue someone over an mq2 plugin ? no one.

Actually mq2 is GPL its not his project in fact under GPL no plugin can be distributed as closed source you can write private plugins but if you distribute them they fall under the GPL of the entire project Under GPL law you can request the source for mq2ic and he has to provide it but whos going to sue someone over an mq2 plugin ? no one.
I'm not disagreeing with you, the license is what it is, however, no one is going to take this to court and contest it. So I guess what I'm saying is it's a moot point, it might as well be closed source. No one is going to walk into Eqmule's home and force him to release the source code. So while he may be violating licenses right now I don't think that matters much =/

Reactions: EQDAB
I've been watching this thread, waiting to see a logical explanation....where is it? Eqmule, explain yourself.

If he didn't work with them, they would have shut MQ2 down long ago when they were on the warpath. He loves the project and did what he thought was best for everyone. He doesn't have to explain himself and most likely when he had his meetings, he signed an NDA.

If he didn't work with them, they would have shut MQ2 down long ago when they were on the warpath. He loves the project and did what he thought was best for everyone. He doesn't have to explain himself and most likely when he had his meetings, he signed an NDA.

That is just not true at all. They wanted true box to be mq2 free we had the leverage in the situation and still do.

They do not want to spend the money or resources to fight mq2 that should be obvious to everyone.