MQ2Events

Fynody

Reaction score
Is there a way of isolating the first word in an event trigger?

I currently run 2 teams of 6, I use eqbcs however I use one server and sometimes it all gets a tad confusing when issuing general commands.

during yesterdays downtime I found the Pete's post about using events / variables and "shits" to enhance the experience.

I am trying to use events to control follow on and off, either by individual group or raid.

At present I have

[GFollow]
trigger=#1# tells the group, 'Follow me'
command=/Multiline ; /Target ${EventArg1} ; /afollow
[Halt]
trigger=#*# 'Halt'
command=/Multiline ; /afollow off ; /target Clear

[Gfollow] only respnds to group chat.
I can add multiple triggers to cover each chat scenario, however I would like to know if it is possible to create a more concise trigger that is able to isolate the first word ( the name of the commander)

I was trying to use:
trigger=#*# 'Follow me'

but have not been able to isolate or extract the character name.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm sure there is a way to do what you're talking about, but I accomplish it a different way that works as well.

If you want everyone on the BC server to follow you, you can simply send a serverwide command using /bca or /bcaa (/bcaa will issue the command to the sender as well).

Code:
/multiline ; /bcaa //end ; /bcaa //stick off ; /bcaa //afollow off ; /bcaa //petfollow ; /bcaa //stand ; /bca //target Soandso ; /bca //afollow on

Everyone on the server that has their control on will get the commands as they are listed.

Now if you want to control by different groups, use channels on the server.

Code:
/bccmd channels [InsertChannelName]

You can have Group 1 join one channel, and Group 2 join a different channel. Then you would replace the /bca and /bcaa commands with a /bct to that channel.

Code:
/multiline ; /bct GroupOne //end ; /bct GroupOne //stick off ; ...

This would issue the command to only the characters that have joined the GroupOne channel.

Hope this helps.

I would always advise to use eqbc. Having the stuff in group chat just screams for GM to go after you. Its more secure and easy to setup.

The name in chat isnt a pure text string. it has the code before and after it that is hidden that makes it a hyperlink so you can report people for spam or pm them. ${EventArg1} should probably look more like:

${EventArg1.Right[-2].Left[-1]}