MQ2EQWire in MqNext

McNukkah

Reaction score
Does this plugin (mq2EqWire) not exist for mqNext?

It was pretty substantial when it came to boxing a bunch of chars.

Does this plugin (mq2EqWire) not exist for mqNext?

It was pretty substantial when it came to boxing a bunch of chars.

There is a built in frame limiter that gives you a lot more control over how the EQ client is running.

Try pressing the EQ button -> Macroquest -> Settings ( pops up a window ) then select FPS limiter.

( There is probably a better way to pull it up )

I have enable frame limiting when in the background, render game scene 4 fps
I have enable frame limiting when in the foreground set to 60 fps.

I often tab out to look stuff up and I want the visible window to update so I can see what is going on.

Reactions: EQDAB and McNukkah
do /framelimiter -h

You can set bgrender to 0 and it will have no effect on performance of the character in the background. He won't lag or have macros/plugins be less responsive. Framelimiter is a huge game changer for MQ and boxing. When bgrender is set to 0 that instance of EQ will use 0% of your GPU.

Appreciate the replies. I may be wrong on this, so correct me if so, but EqWire was / is different in that:

MQ2EQWire entirely stops EverQuest's draw call, meaning the graphics won't update when running in the background, but the game will respond as normal.

It can be used in conjunction with an FPS limiter for maximum CPU reduction, or on its own for maximum performance with a slight effect on CPU reduction.

It also allowed for not drawing chat boxes.

I admittedly haven't played since the big patch that forced a move to mqnext, and was just loading stuff up last night to see what was different and noticed mq2eqwire was absent.

Those functions are available in the built in framelimiter. On YouTube search mqnext and framelimiter, there is a video that explains it really well.

Reactions: EQDAB and McNukkah