Plugin MQ2DanNet request

zoopa

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There's a couple macros starting to support this, are we able to look at including this in future releases?

MQ2DanNet

This plugin is designed to be a serverless peer network. It is (hopefully) mostly plug and play,
and should automatically discover peers for most local network configurations.

I checked it couple weeks ago, good writing but seems it has no advantage against the current MQ2EQBC? Though I might be wrong.

KA

I checked it couple weeks ago, good writing but seems it has no advantage against the current MQ2EQBC? Though I might be wrong.

KA

For the average macro user I don't think there's any noticeable difference - but I think it can help the whole EQBC + Netbots + code spaghetti mess you can get into when trying to debug or leverage particular functionality into some macros

a few newer written macros are switching to it apparently easier to work with then eqbc netbots

So this should be better than eqbc for everything except issuing commands (as i think it does not do that although that could be added in relatively easily). Ive glanced over the code previously and it looks like it has some API data that could maybe be extended to plugins as well to access the data but i would really have to dig in to see what is in the realm of possible. he was working on this around the same time i was looking at an mq2skynet type of deal to monitor all battle management data to include add handling and buffs. it would probably be a good candidate to help grab that data more easily and is something i will eventually get around to looking at.

Oh it definitely has issuing command support

See here for a bunch of them
MQ2Dan/README.md at master * dannuic/MQ2Dan * GitHub
Code:
mmands
/djoin <group> [all|save] -- join a group, and optionally write to [General] or [server_character] (all or save, respectively)
/dleave <group> [all|save] -- leave a group, and optionally write to [General] or [server_character] (all or save, respectively)
/dtell <name> <text> -- echo text on peer's console
/dgtell <group> <text> -- echo text on console for all peers in group
/dexecute <name> <command> -- executes a command on peer's client
/dgexecute <group> <command> -- executes a command on all clients in a group (except own)
/dggexecute <command> -- executes a command on all clients in your current in-game group (except own)
/dgrexecute <command> -- executes a command on all clients in your current in-game raid (except own)
/dgaexecute <group> <command> -- executes a command on all clients in a group (including own)
/dggaexecute <command> -- executes a command on all clients in your current in-game group (including own)
/dgraexecute <command> -- executes a command on all clients in your current in-game raid (including own)

well there ya go then. it would likely only not work if you were on different networks then (as i am) with the other computers in your home or if you needed to connect remotely and is theoretically better than EQBC in all other regards.

I'm planning on giving it a spin over the next couple of weeks to see how it pans out under that exact scenario too. Fairly busy at this time of year with work to spend any time rewriting a bunch of supporting macros I do my things with

My biggest complaint with eqbc is the random disconnects and sometimes eqbc will lose connection and not actually reconnect. At one point I had edited the source to resolve that issue (basically when a ping was lost, it would immediately force disconnect and reconnect) which solved some issues.

Can you let us know if this is more stable than eqbc with regards to persistent connections/

Thanks!

Last edited:
My biggest complaint with eqbc is the random disconnects and sometimes eqbc will lose connection and not actually reconnect. At one point I had edited the source to resolve that issue (basically when a ping was lost, it would immediately force disconnect and reconnect) which solved some issues.

Can you let us know if this is more stable than eqbc with regards to persistent connections/

Thanks!
EQBC suffers from info overload. It passes 40 bits of information constantly whether or not any of that data has changed. So just from the perspective of only passing data when asked to pass should make it less likely to suffer issues. It would pass even more info if you had mq2netheal/netbots running.