Plugin MQ2Bot

The quickest off the top of my head a couple of ideas you could do that, is one: Use MQ2Events and have SK tell or gsay or w/e when he starts medding, and when he stops medding. That event could be captured by your puller to either toggle a global var you can define in say, autoexec.cfg, to refer to. Or you could always do something like in your prepullif to check the SK's state, and if he's sitting (SIT), then turn DoPulls off, but then you'd need a way to turn them on. I have some stuff that does that, checking if Bot.Active, Bot.Adds, etc. that then sends the tells or bc to turn things on or off, e.g. /bct mypullername //bot DoPulls=0

I think the easiest would be if you just add a condition to your PrePullIf to check if that toon is sitting, to not pull. ${NetBots[SKName].State.NotEqual[SIT]}

htw

Read some of this post and did some searching. Is there class examples for mq2bot ini like we have for holy/down?
Thank you.

I could use some assistance on this also. Doing some minor testing with just me (Warrior) and Healer Merc. And it does not pull at all, if I type /findmob it grabs something but nothing on its own. Got the followings settings set.

PullingDistance=400
MaxNavPathDistance=0
PullSkillRange=0
PullingMaxZ=100
PullingLOS=1
DoPulls=1
PullSkillName=Kick
PullingFilter=${Spawn[0].Type.Equal[npc]} && !${Select[${Spawn[0].Type},pet,aura,campfire,banner,mercenary,pc,merc,corpse]} && ${SpawnCount[${Spawn[0].Name} noalert 1 npc]} && ${Spawn[0].Level}>=11
PrePullIf=${Group.MinMana.PctMana}>30

Originally had more on PrePullIf, but took off in case it was causing issues.

Figure I am missing something basic, but not sure what. Testing this in Crescent reach on a level 13 character trying to kill some Gnolls that are 13/14. If I manually pull or use /findmob the bot takes over but then nothing after that mob dead, even though there are others alive in the same area.

Thanks

If /findmob goes and gets one, it sounds to me like you are not set as group Puller role.

htw

If /findmob goes and gets one, it sounds to me like you are not set as group Puller role.

htw
I had saw mention of that on the FAQ when doing some investigating, and set that. I did notice at some point it did some pulling but then stopped.

There lines from Config
PullingFilter=${Spawn[0].Type.Equal[npc]} && !${Select[${Spawn[0].Type},pet,aura,campfire,banner,mercenary,pc,merc,corpse]} && ${SpawnCount[${Spawn[0].Name} noalert 1 npc]} && ${Spawn[0].Level}>=15
PrePullIf=${Group.MinMana.PctMana}>30

Are those for NetBots or does UseNetBots need to be enabled if just a single player + Merc

I had been testing with and without those so not sure at which point I saw it do a couple pulls.

Those do not require netbots. If you want to eliminate them as possibilities for now, set them to 1, and /loadbot, and try that.
Code:
PullingFilter=1
PrePullIf=1

You can also enable debug logging globally and per routine.

Code:
Debugging=1
DebugFindMob=1
DebugCheckPull=1

Then /loadbot, and look in your MQ2 Logs dir for the appropriate log files, and see if you can get any help from them.

htw

Thanks will do the logging. I just noticed PullingFilter was in there twice once set to 1 the other set with the long info. Took out those 2 I mentioned and it was pulling. But figure I need to modify that Filter a little as it tried to pull something about 9 levels above me. But at least pulling.

Ok so I am seeing pulling with these changes. But as I have been testing this and starting / stopping often. Ran into one other issue. Is there a way to set the Return / Camp location. It seems to set that when the bot is first started.

So I started the bot and it was killing some mobs, I stopped and moved to a different spot and started again and after pull it moved all the way back to other spot as the return location. Not seeing a setting in config or command to tell the bot where your return location should be.

If you use DoPulls=0, and let it finish up, it should be fine and identify when moving. If you stop any other way (say, during a pull or return or something), you'll need to reset it. At any rate, before turning on pull again, just do /botreset
That should do it.

htw

Looking through a previous post at the PullingFilter detail:
PullingFilter=${Spawn[0].Type.Equal[npc]} && !${Select[${Spawn[0].Type},pet,aura,campfire,banner,mercenary,pc,merc,corpse]} && ${SpawnCount[${Spawn[0].Name} noalert 1 npc]} && ${Spawn[0].Level}>=1

what does the campfire refere to. is campfire a type of object to be ignored, just as pet, aura, banner.... etc? (I think I have answered my own question)

Within the MQbot dialog page there is this command:

• /campfire This will attempt to set a standard fellowship campfire. It does not check if there are enough members nor if the ground is too steep. It will attempt one campfire per command.
Am I missing something by not using it? I currently use makecamp on or off

That is filtering out all of those spawn types. 'campfire' spawn type isn't a camp, like moveutils camp. It's the spawn that shows up when you drop a fellowship campfire (eq feature).

Can we use something besides Kick for pullskillname? Taunt, Bash? As an SK, I cannot get it to use either, so it just runs up to the mob and then runs away after having done nothing.

Can we use something besides Kick for pullskillname? Taunt, Bash? As an SK, I cannot get it to use either, so it just runs up to the mob and then runs away after having done nothing.
I've updated MQ2Bot to use Taunt and Bash as pullskillname to function exactly like Kick.

Is there a way to stop the MA for targetting the first mob in the xtar and instead target the named.
Events like Velks and Griklor the tank is a freakin moron and 9/10 times screws the event up causing wipes because it will not target the correct mob

Not at present. MQ2Bot is for "automatic" play of the toon, with some conditionals allowed for various skills, discs, spells, etc. It's not melee "semi-automatic". If you want that for your MA, then use a basic melee macro, that prioritizes targets based on your likes, and fires any discs/etc. (or use holyshits to do the same). That's not to say I won't look at a way to allow this at some point, but I can't commit to a time when I'll have the bandwidth to do it.

htw

How does charm work on the enc or does it at all? I'm having an issue with it mezzing maybe i need to /makecamp? Also, how do I change disc on my rog? It seems to have selected ones for me and I want to use different burn discs.

Thank you.

PS - If anyone has any class examples of the bot section in the .ini I would be greatful.

PPS - Also having issues with Nav "Could not locate destination on navmesh" when i have a lev on.

Last edited:
Not at present. MQ2Bot is for "automatic" play of the toon, with some conditionals allowed for various skills, discs, spells, etc. It's not melee "semi-automatic". If you want that for your MA, then use a basic melee macro, that prioritizes targets based on your likes, and fires any discs/etc. (or use holyshits to do the same). That's not to say I won't look at a way to allow this at some point, but I can't commit to a time when I'll have the bandwidth to do it.

htw
Will have to look at holy's to see if i can add a condition to check for a named thanks for the suggestion.
Really appreciate the work you guys are putting in.

How does charm work on the enc or does it at all? I'm having an issue with it mezzing maybe i need to /makecamp? Also, how do I change disc on my rog? It seems to have selected ones for me and I want to use different burn discs.

Thank you.

PS - If anyone has any class examples of the bot section in the .ini I would be greatful.

PPS - Also having issues with Nav "Could not locate destination on navmesh" when i have a lev on.

Which burn disc is it using? Which do you want to use instead?

It does have support for Charm. I've never used it though.

[QUOTE It does have support for Charm. I've never used it though ][/QUOTE] !!!!!