Plugin MQ2Bot

think bot macro is basically dead
bot plugin is what some folks use, what it has is what u get
gl

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've recently returned to the game and have not used the bot macro in years. When I left we were having issues with it (old bot mac).

My question is, do I have to download anything manually to start using the new botmac, or are the new files part of the patch?

Second question, do the same old commands start it off? (/mac bot <name> <% to assist>?

Thank you.

The latest version people are using is bot40.mac which should come updated with the download.

Most people have switched to MQ2Bot now though.

Would someone be willing to help me understand how to set up a puller using MQ2Bot?

I keep reading, but not sure how to incorporate /findmob, or to even begin to set up a puller. My puller is going to be a bard.

Is this an if/then statement that I have to write into my .ini, or is this a plugin that I just have to load?

Could someone point me in the right direction, or give me an example of what to write? Even if an example is as simple as standing still and the bard targets the nearest mob, casts Boastful Bellow, and does nothing else. That would at least help me get started, its that first step that is stalling me. From there I would like to better understand how to make make the bard run to a mob, tag it, and run back to camp.

I appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:
Would someone be willing to help me understand how to set up a puller using MQ2Bot?

I keep reading, but not sure how to incorporate /findmob, or to even begin to set up a puller. My puller is going to be a bard.

Is this an if/then statement that I have to write into my .ini, or is this a plugin that I just have to load?

Could someone point me in the right direction, or give me an example of what to write? Even if an example is as simple as standing still and the bard targets the nearest mob, casts Boastful Bellow, and does nothing else. That would at least help me get started, its that first step that is stalling me. From there I would like to better understand how to make make the bard run to a mob, tag it, and run back to camp.

I appreciate the feedback.

/findmob will use MQ2Nav to find and pull the nearest mob.

You will also need to change "PullingDistance=0" in your ini to how far you want to pull from

"PullSkillName=" can be set on what skill you want to use for pulling

Here is an example part of an ini.

Code:
PullingDistance=700
MQ2NavDistance=10
PullSkillName=Distant Strike
AnnounceBehaviorChange=1
AttackCommand=/killthis
SafetyInvisOnWarp=0
SafetyCommandOnTell=
SafetyCommandOnGM=/bcaa //bot off
SafetyCommandOnMyWarp=
SafetyCommandOnOthersWarp=
SafetyCommandOnTooFarFromCamp=
DoPetSwarm=1
DebuffsSpellFirst=0
DoPulls=1
PullingMaxZ=200
PullingLOS=1

Thank you Fry for taking the time to help.

I am not sure why this won't work for me. It sounds simple enough, and it is probably something stupid that I am overlooking. I checked all of the .ini settings, and matched them to your example with the exception of pullskillname=Boastful Bellow. I type /Bot on and MQ2Bot loads, and functions fine, but does not pull anything with the pull settings given above. If I type /findmob nothing happens.

A couple things that I noticed that do not seem right:
- I have MQ2Nav checked on the Plugin Configuration, however, none of the commands parse (DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/navigate load'). Does this mean it's not running?

- I am testing this out in Gnome Memorial Mountain. I noticed that there was not a mesh file for this zone in the download packets. Could this be the issue?

- Here is my MQ2Bot section in my .ini:

[MQ2Bot]
Debugging=0
BotVersion=20200403.2141
BotCommandsOn=
BotCommandsOff=
AlwaysCheckAdds=0
RestrictedZones=,344,202,151,345,
BuffPassword=NULL
AuthorizedUsers=|guild|group|netbots|
CycleDelay=3
DefaultGem=1
AnnounceEcho=1
AnnounceEQBC=0
AnnounceAdds=1
AnnounceMezBreaks=1
AutoInvisDistance=0
AssistAt=100
AssistRange=100
UseManualAssist=0
AssistName=
MercAssistAt=100
MercAssistRange=0
MeleeAt=100
MeleeDistance=40
DoPetSwarm=1
PetAttackAt=100
PetAttackRange=60
RepositionIfSummoned=0
MedStartAt=0
MedStopAt=0
MedToFull=0
MedDuringCombat=0
EndMedStartAt=0
EndMedStopAt=0
EndMedToFull=0
MinManaToNuke=0
NukeToTAt=80
ManaToSummon=100
SummonModRods=1
UseModRods=1
AACutoffTime=10
AAStopAt=25
AggroAt=70
AutofireAt=0
AutofireDistance=100
DebuffAdds=0
DebuffAt=100
DebuffStopAt=10
DebuffAEAmount=3
DotAt=99
DotStopAt=10
FaceAngle=360
FadeAt=20
GrabAdds=0
GrabPrimary=0
InterruptToHealAt=0
HealAt=80
HealToTAt=80
HealSelfAt=80
HealDelayedAt=95
HealDurationAt=95
HealGroupAt=80
HealPetAt=80
ImHitAt=50
JoltAt=70
KnockbackAdds=0
KnockbackPrimary=0
LifetapAt=80
LootInCombat=0
LootRadius=0
ManaAt=80
NukeAt=99
RezRadius=100
RootAdds=15
RootPrimary=0
SnareAt=10
SwarmAt=99
UseAutoFire=0
UseAENukes=1
UseAura=1
UseClickyBuffs=1
UseClickyNukes=1
DebuffsSpellFirst=0
UseDiscsOffensive=1
UseDiscsDefensive=1
UseFightBuffs=1
UseMainTankBuffs=1
UseManaInCombat=1
UseManaOnOthers=1
UseMez=1
UsePet=1
PetReagentCheck=1
PetIllusionItem=NULL
CustomPetSpell=NULL
UsePetBuffs=1
StandOnPetAttack=0
UseSelfBuffs=1
AutoFollowLeader=0
AutoFollowSettings=30 healer
UseNetBots=0
NetBotsName=NULL
DoDebug=0
PullingDistance=700
MQ2NavDistance=10
PullingMaxZ=200
PullingLOS=1
DoPulls=1
PullSkillName=Boastfull Bellow
AnnounceBehaviorChange=1
AttackCommand=/killthis
SafetyInvisOnWarp=0
SafetyCommandOnTell=
SafetyCommandOnGM=/bcaa //bot off
SafetyCommandOnMyWarp=
SafetyCommandOnOthersWarp=
SafetyCommandOnTooFarFromCamp=
IgnoreTheseSkills=
RestTwist=
CombatTwist=

Update: I got it to do something, not anything good, but progress I suppose. I changed the pullskillname=Requiem of Time and ran into two more issues.

Update to the update: I expanded my MQ2 window to read all the spam that is generated when "/bot on" is typed, and read a line that says, "Pulling disabled in this zone". This might be my entire problem, and I am going to another zone to test, but why would it be disabled in this zone, and can I enable it?

Last edited:
Reactions: EQDAB
Yes, dealings is right, download mqmesh mesh files into your MQ2Nav folder.

You get the "Pulling disabled in this zone" message if you don't have a valid mesh loaded for the bot to use MQ2Nav with.

All good advice, but the 'couldn't parse' means the plugin isn't loaded. Try typing: /plugin mq2nav
See if you get any messages in MQ2 window about it.

htw

Thank you, once again, for responding. I think I am getting somewhere, and on the right path.

Okay, feeling a little frustrated, but I'm sure its simple.

Prior to posting my last several posts I ensured that I DID download and place the meshes in the MQ2Nav folder for the last few expansion, just to be sure. I have since downloaed all of the meshes, and they are now all in the Nav folder.

I am in game right now, in a zone that I know has a mesh for, and I am still getting the "Pulling disabled in this zone" message.

Ever single one of the commands below yields a "DoCommand - Couldn't parse" message, which as previously stated leads me to believe Nav is not loaded and I dont know why.

/navigate load
/navigate Reload
/navigate Recordwaypoint
/navigate Target
/navigate loc
/navigate Item
/navigate Door
/navigate Waypoint
/navigate Stop
/navigate Pause
/navigate ui

It is "checked" on my plugin configuration, I have reloaded, reloaded game, the "/nagivate load" command won't parse.

So what simple thing am I missing?

Did you try what I posted? /plugin mq2nav
See if you get a couldn't load error or something.

If that's the case, I can only suspect you are missing some directx files or something. Or maybe too many plugins loaded?

Either way, try loading it once in game like I showed, see what it says in the MQ2 chat window.

htw

Sorry HTW, I didn't see your message before I posted that last message.

I tried what you suggested and the MQ2 Window says, "Plugin 'mq2nav' could not be loaded".

I also get a blurb that says d3dx9_35.dll is missing from my computer. I downloaded the latest version of DirectX 9 from Microsoft, ran the patcher, which says, "The components installed are now ready for use", however I am still getting the missing .dll blurb. I realize this is an issue unrelated to MQ2. I don't know what to do at this point. A previous blurb said to "add/remove programs from control panel" but I don't know what to uninstall and I don't want to start deleting things not knowing what I'm doing, so I guess I'm stuck at this point.

Thank you all for helping me chip away at this. I know it is probably frustrating helping people like me who are not wizards like you guys are. I do appreciate your time.

Last edited:
d3dx9_35.dll is included in the zip/installer (or should be). Can you make sure it's in your MQ2 installation directory, same place as the other MQ2 dll files (such as MQ2Nav.dll)?

I'll also attach the directx installer from microsoft to this post if you want to try it.

htw

Attachments

• dxwebsetup.exe
    285.3 KB · Views: 2
  • d3dx9_35.dll
    4.8 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You're right! The file is in my MQ2 folder.

So what does this mean?

While dinking around and trying to figure this out, I did play around with Mash Generator and I'm unable to change the directory to my EQ folder. It is still the default "C:\Users\fry6748\Desktop". Browse works fine, and my EQ path is "C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest",.... However, when I browse under Mesh Generator Settings I can get only as far as the "Users" folder, but inside Users I cannot see the Public folder in order to drill down further to the EQ folder. I also cannot simply paste the path into the field, Mesh Gen will only allow me to browse to find it, which really sucks.

I also cannot see the Public folder when I browse to it using My Computer. For some reason, the folder appears to be missing from my computer, but I can still run EQ with the shortcut on my desktop and start menu.

I ensured that all hidden files are visible, but still no sight of the folder. Again, I think think this is a problem with my computer and not MQ2 related, and the only reason I mention this is it may offer a clue as to what my other issues are with Bot.

Probaly unrelated though.

You're right! The file is in my MQ2 folder.

So what does this mean?

While dinking around and trying to figure this out, I did play around with Mash Generator and I'm unable to change the directory to my EQ folder. It is still the default "C:\Users\fry6748\Desktop". Browse works fine, and my EQ path is "C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest",.... However, when I browse under Mesh Generator Settings I can get only as far as the "Users" folder, but inside Users I cannot see the Public folder in order to drill down further to the EQ folder. I also cannot simply paste the path into the field, Mesh Gen will only allow me to browse to find it, which really sucks.

I also cannot see the Public folder when I browse to it using My Computer. For some reason, the folder appears to be missing from my computer, but I can still run EQ with the shortcut on my desktop and start menu.

I ensured that all hidden files are visible, but still no sight of the folder. Again, I think think this is a problem with my computer and not MQ2 related, and the only reason I mention this is it may offer a clue as to what my other issues are with Bot.

Probaly unrelated though.
If you check the profile list and their locations in regedit, what do they show?

Winkey+R then: regedit
or
Winkey+S then: type registry (and select/run Registry Editor)

Path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

See where the Public profile is showing the folder is.

htw

Under Path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList there are four folders:

S-1-5-18
S-1-5-19
S-1-5-20
S-1-5-21-(with a bunch of numbers)

I don't see a reference to "public" in any of these folders.

If you are referring to the "ProfileImagePath"? each folder has one of these files, which are:

S-1-5-18 (%systemroot%\system32\config\systemprofile)
S-1-5-19 (C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService)
S-1-5-20 (C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService)
S-1-5-21 (C:\Users\my first name)

Last edited:
Under Path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList there are four folders:

S-1-5-18
S-1-5-19
S-1-5-20
S-1-5-21-(with a bunch of numbers)

I don't see a reference to "public" in any of these folders.

If you are referring to the "ProfileImagePath"? each folder has one of these files, which are:

S-1-5-18 (%systemroot%\system32\config\systemprofile)
S-1-5-19 (C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService)
S-1-5-20 (C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService)
S-1-5-21 (C:\Users\my first name)
My bad, that means you are using Win7, not Win10.

I would suggest checking the attributes to start with:

Run elevated cmd prompt.

attrib C:\Users\Public

Make sure it's not +s and/or +h
If it is: attrib -rhs c:\users\public

If you still can't see in explorer at that time, I can give you the commands to set the ownership and permissions via cacls.

htw

Okay, when I type "attrib C:\Users\Public" in the command prompt it spits out the following: " SH C:\Users\Public".

Also, regarding Mesh Generator, I was able to find the folder by searching for it in the search field even though the file is still not visible. I still don't know if that has anything to do with my Bot issues, but wanted let you know. I am looking at GMM right now.

/plugin MQ2Nav still won't load though.

Last edited:
I think I got this resolved. I found the answer on another thread.

I went to this link and downloaded:
Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center

This is a two step process. The installer download unpacks files to a location of your choice. You then open the folder and find the DXSETP.exe and run that to reinstall DirectX. Once the reinstall is complete you can delete the folder the files were unpacked to.

Once installed MQ2nav loaded. I am sharing in case anyone else has the same problem.

Thank you all for your help and for taking the time to work through this with me.

cleric

prob a dumb question. but how do i get cleric to stop using Quiet Prayer.