mq2bot - vs bot40.mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabehacker

Reaction score
hello ,
Wannabehacker here , i have been using bot40.mac for some time and to be honest , this macro may be the best thing out , the pull routine = awsome the spells and aggro = awsome this maybe the all in all macro to make multi grouping look awsome , problem is no one supports it anymore and i dont know how to fix it , PLEASE SOMEONE FIX THIS TO BE UPDATE WITH NEW MMO SYNTAX / CODE. this would probly out due anything currently out. !

I'm happy to outlay some money towards bot40.mac development if someone wants to take over the project. It's currently unmaintained, except for really glaring bugs.

MQ2BOT KEEPS SPAMMING same spells over and over again on my tunes

1. on Shaman it keeps spamming ...... Spirit Bolstering level 97 spell, and it places it in First spell gem even after I /loadbot
2. Mage does the same thing only with the mod rod
3. necro? is doing the same thing only with all sorts of pet and DPS spells

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MissTerious

1. on Shaman it keeps spamming ...... Spirit Bolstering level 97 spell, and it places it in First spell gem even after I /loadbot

I would disable the spells having troubles, see below.

My character is using a clickie or using a spell I don't want it to use, how do I stop it?

MQ2Bot reads what AA's/Auras/Clickies you have and what spells you have memorized to determine what the best spell to use is. The way to disable a certain item is to edit your MQ2Bot ini file and create an if statement to disable it.

When you start the bot with /bot on, it will spit out a ton of information into your MQ2 window. Find the Spell/AA/Clickie you want to disable.

Example:
Code:
Mez0: Beam of Slumber XIV

Open up the Server_CharacterName.ini in your MQ2 folder. There will be a section called [MQ2Bot], scroll to the end of that section.

Add in
Code:
Mezif0=0
To the bottom of that MQ2Bot section. Save, and restart bot with /bot on.

It should now say "MezIf0: 0" when you start up the bot, and this will disable the spell from being used.

You can repeat this for any AA's, Heals, Buffs, Nukes, Clickies or anything else listed when you start MQ2Bot.

Last edited:
Reactions: EQDAB and smith8454
I would disable the spells having troubles, see below.

My character is using a clickie or using a spell I don't want it to use, how do I stop it?

MQ2Bot reads what AA's/Auras/Clickies you have and what spells you have memorized to determine what the best spell to use is. The way to disable a certain item is to edit your MQ2Bot ini file and create an if statement to disable it.

When you start the bot with /bot on, it will spit out a ton of information into your MQ2 window. Find the Spell/AA/Clickie you want to disable.

Example:
Code:
Mez0: Beam of Slumber XIV

Open up the Server_CharacterName.ini in your MQ2 folder. There will be a section called [MQ2Bot], scroll to the end of that section.

Add in
Code:
Mezif0=0
To the bottom of that MQ2Bot section. Save, and restart bot with /bot on.

It should now say "MezIf0: 0" when you start up the bot, and this will disable the spell from being used.

You can repeat this for any AA's, Heals, Buffs, Nukes, Clickies or anything else listed when you start MQ2Bot.
THANKS, FRY,

U DA MAN, WORKS GREAT NOW

Not only does the shaman keep loading and spamming Spirit Bolstering, it also makes a pet to cast it on if you get rid of it!

yall are complaining on a thread about bot40.mac , not mq2bot. 2 different things , bot40.mac is an amazing macro i wish they would maintain better then mq2bot , the pullings better ,the responce is better , more valuable of a macro then mq2bot , i dont care what pete says bot40.mac spanks mq2bot's ass even as broken as it is , but for you guys to get assistance better, you should talk to htw in discord mmobugs.com lately has really lacked support or help from anyone , if your not uber on fixing things. just my suggestion. or try the correct thread. for mq2bot not bot40.mac .

thanks . wannabehacker.

didnt know bot40 worked at all anymore
it would be nice to have at least one working macro around here for sure and I remember how before there was kiss, bot macro was the best around

Not only does the shaman keep loading and spamming Spirit Bolstering, it also makes a pet to cast it on if you get rid of it!

You need to read the wiki again. Regarding your quote, using gem 1 is expected. If you don't want that, you'll need to not use the plugin. If you don't want Spirit Bolstering cast (it doesn't stick, or stacking is failing, or something), then put conditions on it, or disable it (again, see the wiki - this is true for any of your spells, discs, items, or skills shown). Set your XT1 slot and group roles appropriately (see the wiki). Regarding the recasting of pet if you get rid of it in your follow-up post, if you don't want a pet cast, then disable that feature (see the wiki).

So: SEE THE WIKI

htw

Reactions: MissTerious
yall are complaining on a thread about bot40.mac , not mq2bot. 2 different things , bot40.mac is an amazing macro i wish they would maintain better then mq2bot , the pullings better ,the responce is better , more valuable of a macro then mq2bot , i dont care what pete says bot40.mac spanks mq2bot's ass even as broken as it is , but for you guys to get assistance better, you should talk to htw in discord mmobugs.com lately has really lacked support or help from anyone , if your not uber on fixing things. just my suggestion. or try the correct thread. for mq2bot not bot40.mac .

thanks . wannabehacker.

You're welcome to your opinion of course, but you need to provide more details on how you feel like that, about the support. If you mean personally, then well, that depends on what you are asking about, with hundreds of plugins, configurations, across 16 classes, etc. If someone wants to set up a personal support/maintenance agreement, I can take care of you, for starting price of $1000.00 US per month (up to $5000/mo depending on options). ;)

I don't have time to work on bot40, I made it basically work after it was broken by the core changes, but I don't have the room to put macros like that on my list (and honestly, anyone can edit and work on a macro they want to make better for themselves or others).

htw

• Wow
Reactions: EQDAB
It’s amazing how when someone calls out the character of people then it’s bam super defenders to the rescue but boy let someone be begging for help around here it’s crickets. Lol I was just being honest no need for you to be ass hurt over it

It’s amazing how when someone calls out the character of people then it’s bam super defenders to the rescue but boy let someone be begging for help around here it’s crickets. Lol I was just being honest no need for you to be ass hurt over it

Ok, now I am just rolling my eyes. Re-read your post, then think about the entire ass hurt comment. If you don't want opinions, you should think about keeping yours to yourself. I made (what I consider to be) valid comments on my thoughts on THE OPINIONS you posted.

FWIW, nothing you say has any impact on me, so have fun with your insults, it doesn't make me lose even a second of wasted thought.

htw

• Haha
BTW, Misst... if something is unclear there, or missing, please continue to ask. I can clarify or update the wiki to make it clearer. As far as the gem1 deal, certain stuff it'll do without you having to mem the spell (certain pets, or buffs, for example, that are common). For those, it uses gem1. If you think it worthwhile, I can put in an option to let you change that to another gem that meshes better for the way you are used to setting up your gems (i.e., can default to gem1, but maybe gem12 or something else works better for you).

Easy enough to do if that's what you would like to see.

For most spells, it only looks at what you have memorized, e.g. stuff like nukes/dots/debuffs, to name a few.

htw

thanks . wannabehacker.
Macros are just more customizable. mq2bot is faster and more automated but certainly not as well set up for pulling. I've covered many times over why it isn't better. I partially rewrote it and got no help to test it. My time is much more valuable than wasting hundreds to thousands of hours that I've put into the original and redo. It would take thousands a month for me to be willing to support hundreds of hours recoding the bot from scratch at this point and i dont think that is a price anyone is willing to pay. If people wanted to group think recode macro or plugin we have a discord. Happy to provide updates there but I don't even load EQ so it is mostly sight coding. Nobody has ever actually come into discord saying "hey, this routine is bad, let's fix it." Pretty straight forward to do all that but people can't even be bothered to do that small amount of effort.

Reactions: Fizz
Well crap, even though I've never used it, I see Pete already has DefaultGem in there LOL. So you can customize that to your liking for which gem to use when it needs to mem something dynamically.

Partial example config:
Code:
[MQ2Bot]
BotVersion=2014.0519
CycleDelay=3
DefaultGem=1
AnnounceEcho=1

A few years ago Htw put quite a bit of time into bot40.mac, getting it back to functioning correctly. It's a pretty solid macro. We really need someone to take over the project though if new features are going to be added. If anything major breaks, we will focus on getting it solved.

Htw has spent the last few months mostly working on MQ2 for RoF2, MQ2Melee/MQ2Cast and MQ2Bot, mainly to do with pulling and rez routine improvements. The new pull routine looks pretty solid. There is a lot of tweaks happening behind the scenes to these plugins that don't get documented. Maintaining one plugin for all classes is a bit of a nightmare as there is so many different circumstances to account for. I really have no idea how Pete pushed through to finished with a functioning MQ2Bot.

Most MQ2Bot spell/disc problems can be solved with /if statements. I know there is quite a few people with amazing /if statement setups for it. We really need to push more for sharing them for each class. There is a few spells that get stuck in a casting loop that we need to know about to solve. Most spell/aa/disc problems with MQ2Bot are solved via Discord, as when they get reported to us, we compile a fix or troubleshoot in real time, and are able to send the new dll for testing before release.

Same goes for MQ2Bot wiki, there is improvements needed for FAQ from people. We see a lot of problems associated with not specifying group roles, I think we need to highlight that more in the wiki.

Our time the next few weeks will be put towards adding new spells/abilities for MQ2Melee/MQ2Bot and other fixes for the upcoming expansion.

Last edited:
  • Love
Macros are just more customizable. mq2bot is faster and more automated but certainly not as well set up for pulling. I've covered many times over why it isn't better. I partially rewrote it and got no help to test it. My time is much more valuable than wasting hundreds to thousands of hours that I've put into the original and redo. It would take thousands a month for me to be willing to support hundreds of hours recoding the bot from scratch at this point and i dont think that is a price anyone is willing to pay. If people wanted to group think recode macro or plugin we have a discord. Happy to provide updates there but I don't even load EQ so it is mostly sight coding. Nobody has ever actually come into discord saying "hey, this routine is bad, let's fix it." Pretty straight forward to do all that but people can't even be bothered to do that small amount of effort.
Your statement is absolutely trash I’ve begged in discord to help fix the meddling routine and pulling routine of mq2bot and bot40 no one responded but islandgirl so blow smoke up someone else’s ass

• Sad
A few years ago Htw put quite a bit of time into bot40.mac, getting it back to functioning correctly. It's a pretty solid macro. We really need someone to take over the project though if new features are going to be added. If anything major breaks, we will focus on getting it solved.

Htw has spent the last few months mostly working on MQ2 for RoF2, MQ2Melee/MQ2Cast and MQ2Bot, mainly to do with pulling and rez routine improvements. The new pull routine looks pretty solid. There is a lot of tweaks happening behind the scenes to these plugins that don't get documented. Maintaining one plugin for all classes is a bit of a nightmare as there is so many different circumstances to account for. I really have no idea how Pete pushed through to finished with a functioning MQ2Bot.

Most MQ2Bot spell/disc problems can be solved with /if statements. I know there is quite a few people with amazing /if statement setups for it. We really need to push more for sharing them for each class. There is a few spells that get stuck in a casting loop that we need to know about to solve. Most spell/aa/disc problems with MQ2Bot are solved via Discord, as when they get reported to us, we compile a fix or troubleshoot in real time, and are able to send the new dll for testing before release.

Same goes for MQ2Bot wiki, there is improvements needed for FAQ from people. We see a lot of problems associated with not specifying group roles, I think we need to highlight that more in the wiki.

Our time the next few weeks will be put towards adding new spells/abilities for MQ2Melee/MQ2Bot and other fixes for the upcoming expansion.
If mq2bot had bot40 pull routine it would make it better mq2bots pull routine gets stuck it don’t work with zradius worth a damn and frankly hard to get anyone in discord to fix it , you need to add islandgirl to payroll she helps more then anyone and don’t complain she really try’s to help , I understand people’s time is valuable but why be on site and be around and ignore people specially when they don’t have the knowledge to do or write what htw and Pete can , the 2 main factors of mmobugs and both want thousands of dollars to do anything , why offer a service if it’s just gonna be abandoned and be threatened hey listen bum only way I fix this is you pay me thousands of dollars.

I know that’s not how it was worded but damn sure how it felt I have since quit eq because ectunnels are rip offs and mmobugs lacks supprt and those that do help aren’t as savy as htw and Pete.

so I’m sorry for ranting and raving it really hurt me to know mmobugs used to be the fucking cream cheese on the cake , and the best but now I just give up.

• Wow
Your statement is absolutely trash I’ve begged in discord to help fix the meddling routine and pulling routine of mq2bot and bot40 no one responded but islandgirl so blow smoke up someone else’s ass
There's a chance I have you muted on discord if you're a whiny bitch. I have a couple people muted. Seems like a solid chance I'd have you on mute. Otherwise I tend to respond eventually.

There's a chance I have you muted on discord if you're a whiny bitch. I have a couple people muted. Seems like a solid chance I'd have you on mute. Otherwise I tend to respond eventually.
On second thought. You will no longer experience issues with MQ2Bot. I have solved your dilemma. Cheers.

Reactions: Mirage828
Status
Not open for further replies.