MQ2Bot - Single Target Buffing

Eqbro39

Reaction score
Hi,

Im wondering what kind of functionality is out there for automatic single target group member buffing? Is there an additional plugin or macro that is recommended for accomplishing this?

It seems like the issue with adding it to MQ2Bot is because it’s hard to tell when a buff needs refreshing.

Couldn’t the plug-in work around this by using a config file and checking bugs on the character versus the buffs that should be on them via config file and thus knowing which buffs to request via a request tell.

There could be a config file with the group member names and classes and the single target buffs they offer. Then in the config file you can list which buffs should be on each character. When a character doesn’t have a buff, they send a tell to the buffer with that buff and buffer casts it on them.

Seems this could even be setup as a macro, similar to E3, where the script for checking the buffs is based on Self-Buffs and the script for the requesting is based on Beg For Buffs.

Would love to hear thoughts on this!

*Edit: using RoF2 release

Last edited:
Hey @htw I got MQ2React working flawlessly and buffs are being done and maintained when they expire.

I am having issues with MQ2Bot however. Whichever character I set as the Puller and set DoPulls=1 for, they will run to the nearest mob and just stand on top of it.

My Bard will not cast Brusco's Boastful Bellow but will just stand on top of the mob and not pull to camp.

Druid will cast Ensnare but then, instead of pulling, will run on top of the mob and not pull to camp.

Warrior will run on top of the mob and keep kicking it but not pull to camp.

I'm not able to test if assist is working properly as they are not brining the mob back to the camp.

Any ideas what I can to do fix this? I am setting Warrior as tank and Puller as Puller/MainAssist (unless warrior is pulling then I set monk as MainAssist).

Really appreciate any insights here. I went through all threads on forums and could not find a fix to this issue.

Here is what I'm getting from debug log on warrior when I turn on DoPulls=1:

I've attached the warriors log file.

The Druid seems to be getting the same error:
[CheckPullAggro:7302] - Failed test for Ensnare: CombatAbilityReady=FALSE AltAbilityReady=FALSE SpellReady=FALSE

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• LogFile MQ2Bot.txt
    261.1 KB · Views: 7
same issue on my monk, i will attach file

Attachments

• bristle_Chowlee.ini
    36.8 KB · Views: 6
Attached are the three inis for Bard, Druid, and Warrior. Tried pulling on all 3 unsuccessfully. They pull but use spell/ability and just stand on top of the mob and doesn't bring to camp. Looks like a check failure of the ability if you see my Debug above.

Attachments

• Druid.ini
    2.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Warrior.ini
    2.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Bard.ini
    2.5 KB · Views: 3
Just had a quick look at your warrior ini.

PullingDistance=475
MaxNavPathDistance=0
MaxCampReturnDistance=15
PullSkillRange=0
PullingMaxZ=400
PullingLOS=1
PrePullIf=${Spawn[ClericName].PctMana}>50
DoPulls=0
PullSkillName=Kick

Using a PullSkillRange as 0 will cause issues as I don't think it's possible to get zero range from a target. Along with kick is not a good pull method. Use Ranged, or Throw Stone with a distance of like 75 or something along those lines.

DoPulls needs to be set at 1 as well.

Just had a quick look at your warrior ini.

Using a PullSkillRange as 0 will cause issues as I don't think it's possible to get zero range from a target. Along with kick is not a good pull method. Use Ranged, or Throw Stone with a distance of like 75 or something along those lines.

DoPulls needs to be set at 1 as well.

Hi Fry, thank you for the response.

The problem I'm seeing in the debug appears to be that the check for whether or not the skill is applied is failing.

I've tweaked the warrior, druid, and bard pull settings a lot but basically he will go to the mob and continually kick it but not pull it back to camp.

For Bard, Brusco's Boastful Bellow will cast but bard just runs into the mobs and stands on them without brining to camp. The spell check fails when looking at debug logs.

For Druid, Ensnare will cast but druid just runs into the mobs and stands on them without brining to camp. The spell check fails when looking at debug logs.

Any idea on why the failed test is happening?

For Warrior:
[CheckPullAggro:7302] - Failed test for Kick: CombatAbilityReady=FALSE AltAbilityReady=FALSE SpellReady=FALSE
[BotHideDoCommand:767] - /nav id 35 log=error

For Bard:
[CheckPullAggro:7302] - Failed test for Brusco's Boastful Bellow: CombatAbilityReady=FALSE AltAbilityReady=FALSE SpellReady=FALSE

For Druid:
[CheckPullAggro:7302] - Failed test for Ensnare: CombatAbilityReady=FALSE AltAbilityReady=FALSE SpellReady=FALSE

For some reason the test for whether or not the pull skill was applied is failing

I didn't add kick, so can't speak to it at this time (I'll have to wait until I get a chance to look at it when home). It looks like a skill check for it didn't get added, or at least didn't get added to the debug output.

As far as the other entries I see, it looks like it's running up because it never thinks you are in LOS. That relies on MQ reporting LOS correctly. You could try turning that off and /loadbot and then see if any better luck. I did add the ability a couple years ago to skip that check, but I mainly intended it for certain things where LOS wasn't required. Either way, give it a shot. You may need to shorten your PullSkillRange if you do turn off LOS.

Turning LOS check off is:
PullingLOS=0

Reactions: EQDAB
I've tried turning off LOS and that seemed to have fixed the skill check issue. I've switched to monk for pulling with shurikens.

However, the monk still just continually attempts to use shuriken even after it has aggro and stands there while mob hits him. After a certain amount of time, the monk then just pulls an additional mob while the first mob is still aggroed and chasing.

Seems to potentially be some issue with Pull not being set to FALSE and Return not being set to TRUE

Reading the debug logs it looks like the pull doesn't register after using /ranged and instead keeps Pull=TRUE Return=FALSE after using the skill.

Relevant portion of logs is attached

Attachments

• Monk Logs.txt
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: EQDAB