MQ2Bot - Shaman no longer dotting/nuking/sending pet

MyEmQueTwo

Reaction score
Hello,

My shaman used to dot/nuke when mana was above 80% and send pet when mob was at 97. It no longer does anything but heal and canni when below 80% mana.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled everything yet he still will not cast a nuke/dot or send pet. I have not run Bot.mac on this install (I don't believe I did previously either). When trying to get it to work again on previous install I did run Bot.mac and got a bunch of "well well someone didn't read etc". The problem is it WAS working and then randomly decided to stop and I can't for the life of me figure out why (so I completely reinstalled everything).

This is on ragefire.

.ini file
Code:
[MQ2Bot]
Debugging=0
BotVersion=20161023.1316
BotCommandsOn=
BotCommandsOff=
AlwaysCheckAdds=0
RestrictedZones=,344,202,151,345,
BuffPassword=NULL
AuthorizedUsers=|guild|group|netbots|
CycleDelay=3
DefaultGem=1
AnnounceEcho=1
AnnounceEQBC=0
AnnounceAdds=1
AutoInvisDistance=0
AssistAt=100
AssistRange=100
UseManualAssist=0
AssistName=
MercAssistAt=100
MercAssistRange=0
MeleeAt=0
MeleeDistance=40
PetAttackAt=100
PetAttackRange=60
RepositionIfSummoned=1
MedStartAt=0
MedStopAt=0
MedToFull=0
MedDuringCombat=0
EndMedStartAt=0
EndMedStopAt=0
EndMedToFull=0
MinManaToNuke=0
NukeToTAt=80
ManaToSummon=100
SummonModRods=1
UseModRods=1
AACutoffTime=10
AAStopAt=25
AggroAt=70
AutofireAt=0
AutofireDistance=100
DebuffAdds=1
DebuffAt=100
DebuffStopAt=10
DebuffAEAmount=3
DotAt=99
DotStopAt=10
FaceAngle=360
FadeAt=20
GrabAdds=0
GrabPrimary=0
InterruptToHealAt=0
HealAt=60
HealToTAt=60
HealSelfAt=60
HealDelayedAt=95
HealDurationAt=95
HealGroupAt=80
HealPetAt=50
ImHitAt=50
JoltAt=70
KnockbackAdds=0
KnockbackPrimary=0
LifetapAt=80
LootInCombat=0
LootRadius=0
ManaAt=80
NukeAt=99
RezRadius=100
RootAdds=15
RootPrimary=0
SnareAt=10
SwarmAt=99
UseAutoFire=0
UseAENukes=1
UseAura=1
UseClickyBuffs=1
UseClickyNukes=1
UseFightBuffs=1
UseMainTankBuffs=1
UseManaInCombat=1
UseManaOnOthers=1
UseMez=1
UsePet=1
PetReagentCheck=1
PetIllusionItem=NULL
CustomPetSpell=NULL
UsePetBuffs=1
StandOnPetAttack=0
UseSelfBuffs=1
AutoFollowLeader=0
AutoFollowSettings=30 healer
UseNetBots=0
NetBotsName=NULL
DoDebug=0
PullingDistance=0
MQ2NavDistance=10
PullSkillName=
AnnounceBehaviorChange=0
AttackCommand=/killthis
FocusClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
RegenClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
HasteClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
SafetyInvisOnWarp=0
SafetyCommandOnTell=
SafetyCommandOnGM=
SafetyCommandOnMyWarp=
SafetyCommandOnOthersWarp=
SafetyCommandOnTooFarFromCamp=

Looking into it a bit more, whenever I pull something, Shaman will refuse to do anything cept heal/canni. When I look at the MQ2 windows when I pull it says:

Code:
Possible add: x_xxxx_xxxx

When I force my pet to him he goes:

Code:
Adds: |x_xxxx_xxxx|

and will then start casting debuffs/dots/nukes. How do I get him to stop hesitating till I manually send pet in? This is grouped with a tank btw.

I'm having this across the board for all my bots. Mage, wizards, enchanter will randomly just stop casting any DPS spells. Not sure about sending pets since I also run a mac on top of that and the mac sends pets in, although it is stripped of doing any combat spells. They don't all stop with combat spells at the same time. I'll just notice suddenly the wizard DPS is low or one of the others. Haven't see all of them stop or usually I catch it and reload everything and they're all DPSing again for a few fights. I've also run the bots with just MQ2Bot and no macro thinking maybe it was some conflict, but even with no macro, it was the same result.

I've been unloading MQ2bot and MQ2cast and then reload both to get them going again. Will try unloading just one and then the other to see if it's just MQ2Cast or MQ2Bot. Was thinking a new compile would probably fix this so was going to wait on that since in a couple days we'll need one.

Yeah, something it causing them to not want to engage on their own. If I do ANYTHING offensive manually with them they will then do the rest automatically but if I don't handhold them on the first offensive thing they do, they won't do anything. I don't get it

Same issue here, but only for single pulls.

If I pull more than one it's like the bots will see the add as the first real mob and engage automatically.

Happens on any bot that is required to engage on its own. Healers are fine.

How long has this problem been happening?
Are you playing Ragefire/Lockjaw or other live servers?

How long has this problem been happening?
Are you playing Ragefire/Lockjaw or other live servers?

This has been happening for about 1, 1.5 months. Entire time I have been using MQ2Bot.

Playing on normal live servers.

Also worth mentioning that a friend I play with regularly does not have this problem. Have tried using his server_charname.ini to rule out config issues but that didn't work.

I want to say it used to work fine (I've only just subbed a few days ago), because I could have swore he was doing fine before, but then stopped working. When I look at other characters like Enc and Mage they seem to work fine, Enc mezzes anything extra that comes, mages sends pet to my tanks target, seems to go smooth. When I pull something MQ2 shows up with:

Code:
Adds: |x_xxxx_xxxx|

in red and everything for the Enc and Mage, but Shaman just shows

Code:
Possible add: x_xxxx_xxxx

especially if there is only one mob pulled, doesn't do anything pretty much ever, just heals/canni at the hp% and mana%.

Here are the other ini's for the enc and mage, tanks name redacted of course.

Enc ini
Code:
[MQ2Bot]
Debugging=0
BotVersion=20161023.1316
BotCommandsOn=
BotCommandsOff=
AlwaysCheckAdds=0
BuffPassword=NULL
CycleDelay=3
DefaultGem=1
AnnounceEcho=1
AnnounceEQBC=0
AnnounceAdds=1
AutoInvisDistance=0
AssistAt=100
AssistRange=100
UseManualAssist=0
AssistName=
MercAssistAt=100
MercAssistRange=0
MeleeAt=0
MeleeDistance=40
PetAttackAt=95
PetAttackRange=60
RepositionIfSummoned=1
MedStartAt=80
MedStopAt=100
MedToFull=0
MedDuringCombat=0
EndMedStartAt=0
EndMedStopAt=0
EndMedToFull=0
MinManaToNuke=0
NukeToTAt=80
ManaToSummon=100
SummonModRods=1
UseModRods=1
AACutoffTime=10
AAStopAt=25
AggroAt=70
AutofireAt=0
AutofireDistance=100
DebuffAdds=1
DebuffAt=98
DebuffStopAt=10
DebuffAEAmount=3
DotAt=99
DotStopAt=10
FaceAngle=360
FadeAt=20
GrabAdds=0
GrabPrimary=0
InterruptToHealAt=0
HealAt=80
HealToTAt=80
HealSelfAt=80
HealDelayedAt=95
HealDurationAt=95
HealGroupAt=80
HealPetAt=80
ImHitAt=50
JoltAt=70
KnockbackAdds=0
KnockbackPrimary=0
LifetapAt=80
LootInCombat=0
LootRadius=0
ManaAt=80
NukeAt=99
RezRadius=100
RootAdds=15
RootPrimary=0
SnareAt=10
SwarmAt=99
UseAutoFire=0
UseAENukes=1
UseAura=1
UseClickyBuffs=1
UseClickyNukes=1
UseFightBuffs=1
UseMainTankBuffs=1
UseManaInCombat=1
UseManaOnOthers=1
UseMez=1
UsePet=1
PetReagentCheck=1
PetIllusionItem=NULL
CustomPetSpell=NULL
UsePetBuffs=1
StandOnPetAttack=0
UseSelfBuffs=1
AutoFollowLeader=0
UseNetBots=0
NetBotsName=NULL
DoDebug=0
PullingDistance=0
MQ2NavDistance=10
PullSkillName=
AnnounceBehaviorChange=0
AttackCommand=/killthis
HasteClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
ClarityClasses=|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
SafetyInvisOnWarp=0
SafetyCommandOnTell=
SafetyCommandOnGM=
SafetyCommandOnMyWarp=

Mage ini
Code:
[MQ2Bot]
Debugging=0
BotVersion=20161023.1316
BotCommandsOn=
BotCommandsOff=
AlwaysCheckAdds=0
BuffPassword=NULL
CycleDelay=3
DefaultGem=1
AnnounceEcho=1
AnnounceEQBC=0
AnnounceAdds=1
AutoInvisDistance=0
AssistAt=95
AssistRange=100
UseManualAssist=1
AssistName=[REMOVED]
MercAssistAt=100
MercAssistRange=0
MeleeAt=0
MeleeDistance=40
PetAttackAt=95
PetAttackRange=60
RepositionIfSummoned=1
MedStartAt=80
MedStopAt=100
MedToFull=0
MedDuringCombat=1
EndMedStartAt=0
EndMedStopAt=0
EndMedToFull=0
MinManaToNuke=0
NukeToTAt=80
ManaToSummon=100
SummonModRods=1
UseModRods=1
AACutoffTime=10
AAStopAt=25
AggroAt=70
AutofireAt=0
AutofireDistance=100
DebuffAdds=1
DebuffAt=95
DebuffStopAt=10
DebuffAEAmount=3
DotAt=95
DotStopAt=50
FaceAngle=360
FadeAt=20
GrabAdds=0
GrabPrimary=0
InterruptToHealAt=0
HealAt=80
HealToTAt=80
HealSelfAt=80
HealDelayedAt=95
HealDurationAt=95
HealGroupAt=80
HealPetAt=80
ImHitAt=50
JoltAt=70
KnockbackAdds=0
KnockbackPrimary=0
LifetapAt=80
LootInCombat=0
LootRadius=0
ManaAt=80
NukeAt=99
RezRadius=100
RootAdds=15
RootPrimary=0
SnareAt=10
SwarmAt=99
UseAutoFire=0
UseAENukes=1
UseAura=1
UseClickyBuffs=1
UseClickyNukes=1
UseFightBuffs=1
UseMainTankBuffs=1
UseManaInCombat=1
UseManaOnOthers=1
UseMez=1
UsePet=1
PetReagentCheck=1
PetIllusionItem=NULL
CustomPetSpell=NULL
UsePetBuffs=1
StandOnPetAttack=0
UseSelfBuffs=1
AutoFollowLeader=0
UseNetBots=0
NetBotsName=NULL
DoDebug=0
PullingDistance=0
MQ2NavDistance=10
PullSkillName=
AnnounceBehaviorChange=0
AttackCommand=/killthis
DSClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
SafetyInvisOnWarp=0
SafetyCommandOnTell=
SafetyCommandOnGM=
SafetyCommandOnMyWarp=

One other thing I notice is with the Shaman is he will have Possible Add status show for the mage pet and enc pet, as well as horses! Shaman pet attacks my SK's horse ;D

Last edited:
Anything come up that might point to an issue? Anything else we can provide to help find what's going on?

Last edited:
I sent a message to PeteSampras a few days ago asking for ideas. No response yet. Htw is more than likely the only other person who could troubleshoot this.

try looking at the expanded target section, can try to turn then off so will only see the so will only see the main assist target. this might work for all but enchanters. this should also help in troubleshooting if that works.

Sorry Fry, didnt see the message was from you. So the "Possible Add" vs "Add" message is because it isnt 100% certain that you should be attacking the spawn. It uses XTarget1 or your target + you attacking to verify that info and would pose a problem on any server that does not have XTarget information. Once you turn attack on, it knows you are in attack mode though. So he could turn on melee and that should solve it, or it would more likely need an update specifically for TLP servers. I am pretty sure that DBG fixed the bug that let you access some of the XTarget info based on what folks are describing. The original mq2bot was designed for normal live servers and i didnt really care about emu or TLP or PVP. If i eventually get off my ass and finish the new version, all could be right with the world.

I'll send you money for pizza and some beer for a fix :) lol

Sorry Fry, didnt see the message was from you. So the "Possible Add" vs "Add" message is because it isnt 100% certain that you should be attacking the spawn. It uses XTarget1 or your target + you attacking to verify that info and would pose a problem on any server that does not have XTarget information. Once you turn attack on, it knows you are in attack mode though. So he could turn on melee and that should solve it, or it would more likely need an update specifically for TLP servers. I am pretty sure that DBG fixed the bug that let you access some of the XTarget info based on what folks are describing. The original mq2bot was designed for normal live servers and i didnt really care about emu or TLP or PVP. If i eventually get off my ass and finish the new version, all could be right with the world.

It's also doing this on regular live servers.

XTarget 1 is set as tank's target, bots that have to engage first (nuke, dot, debuff, etc) do nothing to the mob in XTarget1 unless engaged manually or another mob like a mob's pet or an add takes XTarget2+

Any updates on this one? :) XTarget does work on TLP, you can set targets, etc. There is rarely an issue when multiple targets are pulled, it's mainly an issue when single targets are pulled.

Last edited:
Besides all my casters (mage, wizards, enchanter and shaman) randomly not casting any DPS spells, I was also getting freezes and EQBC server "unexpected ping" and then no EQBC. It was strange that the casters that most often stopped doing DPS was grouped with my warrior that all my bots are set to assist on and the ones in my secondary group did not stop DPS nearly as much.

Usually 4 to 6 hours of all 16 accounts logged on and I'd have at least one account freeze. Usually EQBC would stop working within 10 hours. And usually the casters in my warriors group would only go 5 to 12 fights before they stopped doing DPS and I'd have to unload MQ2Bot and reload it to get them to DPS again.

No idea how this relates to everything and maybe it's too early to assume it's all good, but was just trying to get it so EQBC didn't drop by using Xeniaz EQBCS instead of Classic and looks like that fixed all my problems here. Had 16 accounts logged for 20 hours now, none froze, EQBC is still up and running. Been playing for 2 hours or so now, killed probably a hundred or so mobs and all my casters are still casting DPS spells.

I don't use MQBot (have my own I've written), however my bots encountered an XTarget issue when expansion launched that may be causing MQBot to hiccup? I'm not sure the logic use in MQBot, but maybe this can help...

Since expansion, there is a tiny delay when targeting (or seeing in XTarget) a mob for the first time. They use to automatically target at 100% (or whatever they were at) health. Now, they initially target at 0% health for a split second and then it registers their actual health. I think (but I'm not 100% sure) that other variable members inherited by XTarget and Target have the same split second delay. This was causing my characters to pop off spells and abilities in the first split second of a fight that either shouldn't happen until the mobs are under a certain % or shouldn't happen at all for that mob or mob-type. I added tiny delays into my macros anywhere I targeted a new mob for the first time (or a new mob was added to my XTarget list) and it fixed all my problems.

I am experiencing a problem with this still. Was there a fix that I have missed?

I am experiencing a problem with this still. Was there a fix that I have missed?
I 'fixed' it on my casters by setting useselfbuffs=0. I am going to try and go thru and see if its a certain buff doing it but turning off selfbuffing seemed to fix it on my casters. Htw said there was some stacking issue going on most likely but that was the last I heard a month or so.