MQ2Bot (Old Version - Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
still dealing with having to shut mq2bot plugin on and off if I need to swap targets so if anyone has a better solution please let me know.

Additionally and not sure what the purpose of bot plugin doing this is.....

fighting adds, I mez other targets, sk (ma) is fighting a mob then about 60% says F it let me get on a diff mob... at that point I just deal with it , but cant for the life of me figure out why bot plugin would swap targets and start on another mob on its own at that point.
FWIW, i added in a /botreset command for testing that should clear out all camp/spawn data. It will not clear spells or anything else. It is basically equivalent to zoning. I *just* added the KillTarget wiping so youd have to get latest version.. but resetting your KillTarget wont help in your situation since it is going to kill XTarget1 no matter what. However, this command should let you reset without turning the plugin on/off. Let me know if I didnt reset any settings you feel should be reset using a command.

I am having a problem with bot
after its killed everything in range it will wait
but wont pull repops again untill mob agros puller then it will start to clear again
anoying cause i end up dying cause the amount of repops is dense
have i got something set wrong?

Last edited:
botreset has been letting me get unlocked from target i was fighting

now whats best way to NOT auto change targets once an AE mez hits
would be nice if bot plugin would realize hey stay on lowest hp unless u get reset or something

botreset has been letting me get unlocked from target i was fighting

now whats best way to NOT auto change targets once an AE mez hits
would be nice if bot plugin would realize hey stay on lowest hp unless u get reset or something
I can't help with anything that memblurs in the current version of bot. If you have 5 mobs and all get memblurred.. it will go back to killing what is on XTarget1. If you want to affect change for the new version of mq2bot then by all means provide input and testing as renji and i add in new features. I am currently working on how to handle adds as we speak. The plan is to use mq2dannet to relay all available data into a centralized add vector and then just tag the mobs as mezzed rather than gone.

Source code for those with builder rights: MQ2Bot/MQ2Bot.cpp at master * PeteSampras/MQ2Bot * GitHub

You can add tickets, submit pull request changes, or if folks that are development savy can be added as a contributor.

In mmobugs compile it is mq2botbeta plugin. you can read about development status here. https://www.mmobugs.com/forums/mq2b...bot-rework-source-code-github.html#post264569

Pulling?

Wow, this thread is huge. I've used bot.mac in the past, but this seems to be the goto bot these days. A few questions (apologies if they've been asked)

• Does /findmob work with MQ2Bot/MQ2Nav or do I need to use pull.mac for pulling as advertised on page 1?
  • If /findmob does work what is the pullskillname I would use for Shissar Fangs? I read the wiki, but it's not clear to me.
  • It seems pull.mac and MQ2Farm plugin are wandering pull utilities. Is there a pull to camp pulling macro out there?

Thanks
Lugnut

Yeah, findmob works. Although I generally just set monk as puller and MA, my war as MT, and with monk use these (using mq2nav):

PullingDistance=800
MQ2NavDistance=10
PullSkillName=Distant Strike
DoPulls=1
PullingMaxZ=40
PullingLOS=1

I set the distance depeding on where I am and what I'm camping/pulling, e.g.: /bot PullingDistance=800

Right now, PullSkillName has to be AA/Disc/Spell. I am in process of adding items, so you can pull with a clicky item on target, or range item (e.g., bow, etc.). For mine, I use Distant Strike AA as shown above.

I am not familiar with pull.mac or MQ2Farm or other pull macs, sorry.

htw

Thanks htw. Looks like I have findmob working. Will the puller now only pull? Once the puller gets back to camp, doesn't enage in melee. Puller waits until mob is dead then goes out looking again.

Nevermind - I figured it out. /grabprimary=1

Thanks,
Lugnut

Last edited:
If anyone wants to try out the changes I've made so far, grab attached on this post and drop it in.

Updates to (not necessarily limited to):
- Auras
- AAs
- Buffs
- Debuffs
- Nukes
- Pulling

Additionally, logging changes if debugging.
If using pulling, try using ranged if you want, with: PullSkillName=ranged

Edit: I also added code that SHOULD return you to your makecamp location, is working ok in my testing so far - let me know if you see the same, thanks.

htw

Attachments

• MQ2Bot.dll
    927.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi HTW,
Do you need to set makecamp for the puller or just the tank?
Thanks,
Tshadow

Hi HTW,
Do you need to set makecamp for the puller or just the tank?
Thanks,
Tshadow
It's for the puller. I do it for the entire group, but esp. tanks as they tend to scoot around, so I do: /makecamp on 2

The primary change is of course for the puller, as other than using mq2melee (mq2moveutils) to stick/engage the mob, mq2bot doesn't position unless you're on a follow (and even then, it uses stick). I.e., your follow leader and settings. I noticed the worst was the puller, because he was always returning wherever he took off from after finishing last fight, so hopefully what I added corrects that as long as you have a camp made.

htw

Hi HTW,

I do /findmob with PullSkillName=Forceful Dagger-Throw and rogue is working now. I turned on debug but it slowed him down to a crawl when enabled. I turned off and on Bot a few times and now it seems to work. This is with the new bot you provided on last page.

also how do i get Dichotomic Shielding 1 to fire in MQ2Bot. I don't see how to add it in melee either. I do see it say Dich shielding in the chat window but the button is depressed if that helps.

Is there any setting to make sure that the toons don't break mez? My Shaman keeps casting AA preincarnation every few minutes.

New Bot does seem to be working better for sure.

Thanks,
Tshadow

Last edited:
Another question I have is for an enchanter should we be changing the following 2 properties to make sure they mez targets before they are in the camp?
GrabAdds=0 - should this be GrabAdds=80? 100? or stay 0?
GrabPrimary=0 - same should this be GrabAdds=80? 100? or stay 0?

Thanks,
Tshadow

Let's see - first, thanks for checking it, and the feedback.

For mez, you won't be using the Grab settings.
- It will never mez a single target, or the first 'add' (i.e., target). Only any additional ones beyond that (unless you were using AE of course)
- The mez range, other than the spell range itself, is based on AssistRange setting (I have my enc set to 300, but use what you think best in the area you are working)

Preincarnation: This is a self buff, so it should show up in /loadbot as SelfBuffX=Preincarnation
It shouldn't be casting like that, it should wait until it wears off (15m or more iirc).
Could you make sure you have Preincarnation cast upon you, and then tell me what this gives you: /echo ${Bot.HaveBuff[Preincarnation]}

At this time, I do not think there's a direct way to stop breaking mez in general, I can add that to my list of things to add (or fix, if it's in there but not being used). I'm pretty sure it isn't in, or I would have seen it by now.

Sorry about the logging slowdown, yeah, I use a fast SSD on a fast gaming laptop, so I do need to be careful of that kind of thing considering the range of systems. You might use a ramdrive for now if you really want logging, but I will work on cutting it down and allow only a specific subroutine to be on at a given time. That should do it.

Dichotomic Shielding, hmmm... (pauses while I go check lucy and code)
Does it show up on /loadbot? If not, what would it be, like a FightBuff? Only warrior I have is a 88, so I can't check it by trial and error.

Thanks again.

htw

Thanks HTW,

It shows up as SelfBuff0:preincarnation

When i do /echo ${Bot.HaveBuff[Preincarnation]} i get back [MQ2] NULL and it casts it every 30 sec or so.

As for Dichotomic Shielding 1 Disc buff says "Dichotomic Shielding 1" , it is a warrior FightBuff, think it is level 250 self reuse and self timer says 0 but it takes 5 min to refresh to hit it again. Gives me about 35k Hp's when active.

Thanks,
Tshadow

It's an AA, so what buff does it put on you, and what's the exact name, and is it in buff box, or song box?

Thanks tshadow.

Also, the shielding should be in next one I post up.

htw

Hi HTW,

I clicked off all buffs, aura's and songs. I select the Preincarnation AA and it says Begin casting Preincarnation I. But there is nothing in the buff, aura or song windows. No clue where it is suppose to land on or if it is a bug they need to fix.
I hope this helps.

I also noticed that if i set the following it always follows the leader and not the healer. And when the fight starts they start following the mob. Not always but a lot.

AutoFollowLeader=1
AutoFollowSettings=20 healer

Shouldn't this JUST follow the healer and stick setting is 20? or am i misunderstanding it.

Also just updated and is the updated mq2bot the same as the one above or do I need to download the link above and test that one?
Thanks,
Tshadow

Last edited:
old request but never been addressed, I only use bot on a tank nowadays cause it will pick up a target when its in camp so i can go poop in peace and not come back to dead grp....

that image done

my complaint has always been that bot will lock on a target AND switch targets, the assumption was that it was a bard casting mez and blurring causing the target switch, it is NOT, it switches whenever it wants and you cant switch targets unless you turn bot off

Is it impossible to make a change to bot to accept a manual change of target without shutting it down, restarting, pausing (doesnt work anyways).

Not sure if thats a fundamental change so hard coded it would break whats left of bot plugin, but it's possible, pretty please can that option be made to bot:

Ability to change targets with input from mouse or keyboard (dont lock on targets), also some settnig to not automatically swap a target thats below X% health, nothing is more irritating than to have a target almost dead and then it swaps target and to add insult to injury, you cant swap back ......

Status
Not open for further replies.