MQ2Bot and Bard Aura

Fixxer

Reaction score
I can't seem to get MQ2Bot to use the aura at all. I set UseAura=1, and nothing happens.

I tried using the following code for downshit, and that doesn't work either.

downshit0=/if (${Me.CombatState.NotEqual[COMBAT]} && !${Me.Feigning} && !${Me.AFK} && !${Me.Aura[Aura of the Muse].Length} && ${Spell[Aura of the Muse].Stacks[0]} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Aura of the Muse"|gem8

After it casts the song, all the gems stay grayed out... So I do a /stoptwist and it clears out. Then it begins casting again (even though the buff is already there).

I can't seem to get MQ2Bot to use the aura at all. I set UseAura=1, and nothing happens.

I tried using the following code for downshit, and that doesn't work either.

downshit0=/if (${Me.CombatState.NotEqual[COMBAT]} && !${Me.Feigning} && !${Me.AFK} && !${Me.Aura[Aura of the Muse].Length} && ${Spell[Aura of the Muse].Stacks[0]} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Aura of the Muse"|gem8

After it casts the song, all the gems stay grayed out... So I do a /stoptwist and it clears out. Then it begins casting again (even though the buff is already there).
ensure you have Dowflag0=1. Also you can remove "${Me.CombatState.NotEqual[COMBAT]}" as the downflag is when your not in combat, so that being there is not needed. Also change "${Spell[Aura of the Muse].Stacks[0]}" to "${Spell[Aura of the Muse].Stacks}"

ensure you have Dowflag0=1. Also you can remove "${Me.CombatState.NotEqual[COMBAT]}" as the downflag is when your not in combat, so that being there is not needed. Also change "${Spell[Aura of the Muse].Stacks[0]}" to "${Spell[Aura of the Muse].Stacks}"

Unfortunately, this did not change anything. it still casts over and over again, and when it finishes casting, I have to hit the /stoptwist button or all the spell gems go on cooldown.

since your indicating Gem 8 is your Aura spell, if you have Gem 8 as a twist, regardless of name its going to twist that babe.

what plugin or macro are you using for this? are you able to share it with me so i can try to assist and identify the problem your running to?

tbh change "/casting Aura of the Muse"|gem8" to "/cast Aura of the Muse" this would just cast your aura provided your conditions are met regardless what gem slot it is on and that you you have the aura spell up.

then you have Gem 8 on your twist order

This is a problem even when twist isn't running at all, however, MQ2Bot is running with the following twist order:
Code:
 RestTwist=22
CombatTwist=22 5 25 1 26 2 28

Oddly enough, I am having a similar problem on my priest with Unswerving Hammer of Retribution. If I turn /bot on, if the pet spell is memorized, it keeps trying to summon the pet over and over again, regardless of my attempts to turn it off. I have it working perfectly on the live server, but on this EQEMU server, I am having a LOT of problems. That's probably a completely separate problem, but I'm not giving up on this...

that is something i think youll need further assistance with as im not really familiar with MQ2Bot

if im not mistaken how arer you twisting 22 25 and 28? isnt twist based off spell gems from 1-13?

MQ2Twist has areas to link clicky items to a twist number.

Your downshit issue, is your check for the Aura TLO. That's not a string, so Length won't work that way (it would if you used Name.Length). Try: !${Me.Aura[Aura of the Muse].ID}

Your downshit issue, is your check for the Aura TLO. That's not a string, so Length won't work that way (it would if you used Name.Length). Try: !${Me.Aura[Aura of the Muse].ID}
That's progress. The !${Me.Aura[Aura of the Muse].ID} stopped the song from casting while the buff still exists, but for some odd reason, all the spell gems still stay gray afte rthe song is completed.

That's the way bard songs work. Before melody or twist (or mq2), like old days, is why you hooked your song twist to hotkeys, like 1, 2, 3, 4. Then you constantly cast/stopcast (twist) like 11223344112233441122334411223344...
You click gem a 2nd time, it stops (but pulses for however long, say like 3 ticks in normal zone iirc), then cast something else.
When you use /twist (MQ2Twist) or /melody, it does that start/stop for each song automatically.

Instead of using /casting on the downshit, if you use mq2twist, then have your downshit twist it once into your current twist, e.g. for gem 8, /twist once 8

Reactions: EQDAB