MQ2Autobuff

cannot find any information on the mq2 autobuff, anyone able to post some directional info.

Ok I do not use this plugin. I use modbot and do buffs through it and mq2melee. But I looked into the MQ2 folder and under the mq2autobuff plugin is a charnam-example. But just by glancing at it looks like...

[BUFF1]
keys=soe
name=spirit of eagle
type=gem9

The key is the trigger word maybe to make it cast it. type would be gem or alt maybe if it is a aa buff. I do not even know if there are aa buffs that stay up for long durations.
I would fire up the plugin in EQ and see if it makes a character ini and then from there edit and play with it a bit. But that is me. And hell I don't even know wtf I am doing most of the time.

can we have details about mq2autobuff plz? i can't find any info on this, how to use, usefull or not etc, thx

Yup thats why i asked for information. Nothing on the functionality of this plugin. I spent about an hour or so researching and nodda!

I'm not sure what your asking. The page over at MQ2.com that the OP posted has detailed information on the use of this plugin. Same link posted below.

MQ2AutoBuff MQ2.com Link

hmm clicking on said link in first post.

Requirements:

* MQ2Cast

Usage:

* /buff on - turns automatic buffing on
* /buff off - turns automatic buffing off
* /buff toggle - toggles automatic buffing on/off
* /buff [n] - Casts [n] number of buffs. ie. /buff 2
* /buff - Casts all outstanding buffs.
* /buff reload - reloads buffs from the ini file.
* /buff list - prints a list of all buffs loaded, with active status

What more do you want? That thread also shows INI format.

Link to the post says it's not there anymore.

I too would like to know how this plugin works. Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA

RG

Actually the commands and the INI example there don't match what the plugin actually does. HTW did add i to the wikki and those commands work as expected.

Wikki Page

Yes, I made the ini but it doesn't seem to do anything. The buff queue is always empty and it's much easier to actually buff people then to type in the commands and operands.

Jim,
When I click on your link, this is the message I get: The topic or post you requested does not exist

I've looked at the wikki but if this plugin doesn't actually buff without having to type in commands, I'll bypass it.

Thanks,
RG

Yes, I made the ini but it doesn't seem to do anything. The buff queue is always empty and it's much easier to actually buff people then to type in the commands and operands.

Jim,
When I click on your link, this is the message I get: The topic or post you requested does not exist

I've looked at the wikki but if this plugin doesn't actually buff without having to type in commands, I'll bypass it.

Thanks,
RG

Donate 10$ to MQ2.com and get detonator status, they are the true backbone for MacroQuest. One 10$ donation gets you VIP offers some nice stuff and good reference material.

Each time I've sent a /tell from a boxed toon to my buffer, it always says "Soandso is not in the zone, ignoring request." Manual requests, using /tb and /db work well, for both self-buffs and buffs on others. I read the post over on the MQ2 forums, and someone else was experiencing this problem, and the only response was along the lines of "this isn't really a valid plugin, be glad it doesn't crash you."

However, I hoped that perhaps someone here who has fiddled around with it may know a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, and good hunting.

Each time I've sent a /tell from a boxed toon to my buffer, it always says "Soandso is not in the zone, ignoring request." Manual requests, using /tb and /db work well, for both self-buffs and buffs on others. I read the post over on the MQ2 forums, and someone else was experiencing this problem, and the only response was along the lines of "this isn't really a valid plugin, be glad it doesn't crash you."

However, I hoped that perhaps someone here who has fiddled around with it may know a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, and good hunting.

I'm sure this has to do with the changes made to character name strings when they added spam filtering in EQ.

Ah, I see.

If I knew how to work with plugins, I'd think it would work to try to just input to the game "/target Soandso" then return the value for %T and if they match, then cast; if current target doesn't match input name, then give failure message.

< Huzzah for the ramblings of the ignorant >

Perhaps a fix will come around after a while. Thank you for the quick response, Anthrax.

OK so we pay a monthly fee here to use ya's software and if we need help with some of the plugins, we have to donate some money to an other site for help. or do ya own both sites and just trying to make more money?

OK so we pay a monthly fee here to use ya's software and if we need help with some of the plugins, we have to donate some money to an other site for help. or do ya own both sites and just trying to make more money?

LOL. I have no idea where that comment coming from, but...No, I'm not even going to attempt to form a response.

This plugin is broken since last patch. I didn't look to see if there was a fix on the MQ2 VIP boards.