mq2aaspend brute mode not working

aspire2008

Iftw
Reaction score
When I do /aaspend brute on

It doesn't seem to be working correctly.

It keeps spamming the everquest chat (not mq2chat window) with "Unable to train in ability".

Surprised no one has mentioned this, unless everyone just configures what AA's they want to spend in the ini file. I actually don't care which gets spent so I always use brute mode.

Note: Its been broken for about 2 monthly patches or so. So its not something recent that changed with core.

Last edited:
MQ2aaspend is still throwing error for the past few releases.

Unable to train in ability

I wonder if there is a way to just make a downflag for when to repurchase a glyph aa after it's been used?

Thanks!

When I do /aaspend brute on

It doesn't seem to be working correctly.

It keeps spamming the everquest chat (not mq2chat window) with "Unable to train in ability".

Surprised no one has mentioned this, unless everyone just configures what AA's they want to spend in the ini file. I actually don't care which gets spent so I always use brute mode.

Note: Its been broken for about 2 monthly patches or so. So its not something recent that changed with core.

Mine does the same thing but it seems to be random. On some toons it works with no problem, on others I get this message, then I reload the plugin and it works again. I cant see a common cause yet.

I think I may have found an answer to this one. At least on my Warrior. AASpend is trying to purchase "Gut Punch Strike", however, it is not allowed to be trained until you level up your "Gut Punch" AA.

Basically it looks like this tiered AA logic is not built into AASpend so it is just trying to purchase the next AA (how it determines that, I dont know) but in this cast the AA that it thinks should be next is actually locked due to another progression that needs to happen first.

I dont know how other classes might be but maybe there is a similar conflict with your toon?

Or not. I purchased his AAs to resolve the conflict but the error is still there. =(

Is there any working solution for this? Unfortunately, it is doing it on all of my toons and its spamming so quickly it is actually causing stuttering lag.

Is there any working solution for this? Unfortunately, it is doing it on all of my toons and its spamming so quickly it is actually causing stuttering lag.

Have you been able to figure out what it's trying to buy and why it can't buy it? We really need more information to be able to figure out what is causing the problem.

Htw mentioned you could try this command.

/aaspend minbrute 10 - Set the minimum AA total that should exist before brute spending starts to 10 AA points.

It looks like /aaspend log will enable a debug log of what MQ2AASpend is trying to do which should give us more information to try and understand what is going wrong.

All of my toons are Max AA so there is nothing for them to purchase until they burn Glyphs, (which they do) From the log it looks like it is trying to buy Tinkering Mastery on my Barbarian WAR and Dwarf CLR who do not actually HAVE Tinkering Mastery.

It seems the reason it makes the toon lag is that it is going through the loop multiple times per second if you look at the timestamps.

Code:
[2020/04/22 11:13:27] Checking:  Tinkering Mastery
[2020/04/22 11:13:27]  --> Checking PreReqs:
[2020/04/22 11:13:27]  ----> No PreReqs found for Tinkering Mastery.
[2020/04/22 11:13:27]  --> --> No missing pre-reqs
[2020/04/22 11:13:27]  --> TRUE (OK to purchase)
[2020/04/22 11:13:27] Attempting to purchase Tinkering Mastery (ID 575) at a cost of 3 points (of 195 available).
[2020/04/22 11:13:28] BRUTE CHECK LOOP:

Same thing on my Dwarf Cleric who also cannot be a Tinker:

Code:
[2020/04/22 11:25:38] Checking:  Tinkering Mastery
[2020/04/22 11:25:38]  --> Checking PreReqs:
[2020/04/22 11:25:38]  ----> No PreReqs found for Tinkering Mastery.
[2020/04/22 11:25:38]  --> --> No missing pre-reqs
[2020/04/22 11:25:38]  --> TRUE (OK to purchase)
[2020/04/22 11:25:38] Attempting to purchase Tinkering Mastery (ID 575) at a cost of 3 points (of 196 available).
[2020/04/22 11:25:39] BRUTE CHECK LOOP:
[2020/04/22 11:25:39] CurrentType (Order:1) = 3 (Class)

Attachments

• AAspend errors.jpg
    AAspend errors.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 11
I'll take a look soon as I can. For now make sure bad/stuck index checking is on.

For the problem toon, edit your server_char.ini and add that one under [MQ2AASpend_BadIndex] like so:
Code:
[MQ2AASpend_BadIndex]
575=575

Make sure the bad index checking is on:
Code:
[MQ2AASpend]
BadIndexCheck=1

Reload your ini:
/aaspend load

Make sure checking is on and it's excluding 575:
/aapsend status

OTOH, if you turn on checking, if it keeps failing to buy one it should automatically add it to the badindex list.

I'll take a look at the logic on why it would be thinking it's ok to purchase it.

You can use the test options I put in so it doesn's spam you when checking. Fist, turn it off:
/aaspend off

Then use one of the test options, e.g. since you are using brute:
/aaspend testbrute

htw

Thanks for the logs orion949. That was the missing piece of the puzzle we needed to make sense of the problem.

Just to close the loop HTW, that worked like a champ, with that bad index added it works flawlessly.

My INI looks like this now:

Code:
[MQ2AASpend]
DebugLog=1
ClassicMode=0
SafeSwitch=0
BadIndexCheck=1
AutoStartLevel=0
AutoStartHybrid=0
AutoStartAuto=0
AutoStartBrute=0
MinAutoStart=0
MinBruteStart=0
UseTypeOrder=1
TypeOrder=Class|Archetype|General|Focus|Special
1=Templar's Synergy|11
2=Improved Contravention|10
3=Focus: Eradicate the Undead|6
[MQ2AASpend_BadIndex]
18148=18148
18589=18589
4672=4672
35461=35461
575=575

Submitted fixes/changes for AASpend. Should hopefully resolve the issue with all the bad indexes. Won't be live until one of the big guys says so however.

Last edited:
I purchased his AAs to resolve the conflict but the error is still there.