MQ2 on live and Emu at same time

Golem

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Is there a trick to getting MQ2 (MMObugs) to work on Emu and Live at the same time. I thought I read somewhere there was a way to do it, or it was being worked on. If I load both the Live and Emu version of MQ2, they start bugging on each other.

Please let me know. I'd like to play Live on my main screen and have ZippZipp's server on another.

I don't think it's possible.

Htw has been working on a new version of MMOLoader that does this, but it's not released yet.

Due to the client version, it won't work....unless you set up some sort of virtual machine or something like that, but I don't know if the results of that would be worth the cost

Try to load up live, then inject mq2, then close out of mq2 and do the same for the emu. That may work.

MQ2 would try to inject into any/all instances of eqgame.exe that were open. This would cause issues or possible crashing due to the version differences.

It SHOULD give you incorrect client version. EMU or Live loader, should still do fine with login, with both versions.

The way to find out would be (you can swap this order, I am going to show live then emu, but you could try emu then live):

1) Start mmoloader for live
2) Get your EQ session(s) running
3) Start mmoloader for emu (don't exit live loader)
4) There should be a popup, saying it's already running, do you want to kill it. Click yes.
5) It should kill live loader and finish loading emu loader
6) Verify in live, that you are still logged in (/mmostatus)
7) Assuming all that works, you should now be able to start emu EQ session(s), and it would inject

I will try to move along the new loader. Various things over the past few months have caused large delays for me. With v4 of the loader, it will inject whatever version from 1 loader, that it detects, so you can run live & emu at the same time without any further work.

htw

Excuse my ignorance as I have never used the MMOLoader, nor plan to, but wouldn't this be quite simple? Process32First/Next to wait for eqgame to open and then read the date via signature? Better yet, just get a hash of the process on disk and compare to a hard coded version in memory to determine which MQ2Main to inject? This would inject the proper cheat based on which process is currently open. You could store active handles (or pid's) in a vector to prevent multiple injections, or just use Module32First/Next if the loader doesn't manually map the module (although LoadLibrary would fail if that's the case anyway unless you clear the module from the linked list.)

Last edited:
Since you don't, and don't plan to, not sure the point of the post...

However, that was something I did originally, but causes too many WinEQ2 problems, and a lot of our users use it.

The way I do it with loader v4 (I haven't released it yet) is with a stub that fakes out wineq2, and then injects the proper mq2main based on the sig, as you mention.

htw

Don't get me wrong, I look forward to any discussion, with this topic or the other one you commented on - it's nice to see some tech talk about MQ2, regardless of what we end up doing. Thanks!

htw