Modifying bot's spells/buffs/discs used?

return006

Reaction score
Hey all - I saw in the FAQ for MQ2Bot that to adjust the spells, disc, etc that a character uses can be adjust in the server_CharName.ini file, where it would be listed in the Mq2Bot section.

I'm fairly familiar with making modifications there, but I don't see any settings relating to the spells/buffs/discs/etc that are being used. Was I working off of old information? Or is this now housed in another file?

Thanks,

Returning player

dont think u can add stuff
at most u can turn stuff off or set some conditions for stuffs it autodetects

it basically detects what u have and sees what spells you have loaded and tries to use that

thats as good as it gets

I see... so how are people managing their buffs then when using Bot? The two or some buffs it has autopicked are great, but not nearly what I need.

Any guidance would be great

I see... so how are people managing their buffs then when using Bot? The two or some buffs it has autopicked are great, but not nearly what I need.

Any guidance would be great

I would mix in MQ2AutoBuff if you want to add extra buffs.

That can be configured to keep buffs up on each party member.

if there is some sort of new line of spells added then into the game, those can be added into mq2bot.

Thanks Fry & Pete.

In the autobuff add-in, it is command-drive... and I can make each of my chars sent tells to the buffer, but I was hoping to find something that would say "If this buff is not on, then cast it", versus me having to ask. Am I not interpreting autobuff correctly?

And Pete, I saw a piece about editing downshit/holyshits. This seemed like a way to do it, but I can't find those settings in my name_server.ini. Was I looking at something too dated?

Appreciate it!

Reactions: EQDAB
i use downflags to detect grp buffs, i also use them to redo certain buffs they dont detect when they target a diff toon

have to dig around the holy shit thread

You would have to report it.

For example, something like this:

Spell XXX isn't found. The previous version(s) which is/are XXX,YYY,ZZZ are found as Buff1, Buff2, Buff3.

That goes for pretty much anything, fightbuff, buff, disc, aa, etc.

You would have to report it.

For example, something like this:

Spell XXX isn't found. The previous version(s) which is/are XXX,YYY,ZZZ are found as Buff1, Buff2, Buff3.

That goes for pretty much anything, fightbuff, buff, disc, aa, etc.

Where can we report this good sir? There are a few updates to my SK that I would like to get help with.

Right here in this thread is fine, or in the sticky thread for bot issues, or even PM me. Anything is fine.

• Love
Combat Skill Repudiate isn't found. The previous version(s) which is/are Thwart,Spurn,Reprove,Repel are found as Imhit0, Imhit1, Imhit2, Imhit3.

Please make this fire as much as possible since it's the synergy :)

Also, Spells Torrent of Melancholy and Cruor's Bite are not registering when they are loaded into gem slots 2-13.

Torrent of Melancholy gives a group buff that lasts 12 minutes (Torrent of Melancholy Recourse) so if that could fire on an enemy NPC an time it's faded would be great.

Cruor's bite is a HP/mana life tap, if that would fire any time it's available, that would be perfect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.