Modbot Users thread

Okay great, I will try this out too. I tried to have Melee set to true, then the one from the wiki had it set to false, so I tried that out as well. I still have no idea why the moveutils are so screwed up and when I modify them in game why they reset to 5.03. Ugh, I hate being a newb!

Copy and pasted, has left some things in that I think are causing some issues. First, you don't have it set to do anything. Everything is set to false, so for a rogue, set DoMelee=True. Then, your scripts are way too many. The only one that you make reference too is in your buff section, but you don't have buffs or scripts set to True. I also removed the buffs, as not really needed.

Also, Modbot has the ability to set Mq2melee settings everytime it starts. That's in the AdvMelee section. I'd modify your moveutils INI and then try running this again. Because even if you were making changes to your INI, everytime you ran the macro, it was changing them back to what the macro wanted it to be based on what you had there.

I'd make the following changes, highlighted in red. Hopefully it helps out.

Then here's my MB file

Code:
[Settings]
DoMelee=[COLOR="Red"]TRUE[/COLOR]
DoHeals=FALSE
DoBuffs=FALSE
DoDebuffs=FALSE
DoEvents=FALSE
DoPet=FALSE
DoSit=FALSE
DoLoot=FALSE
DoFW=FALSE
DoForage=FALSE
DoAfk=FALSE
MasterList=~~~~~~~
TankName=~~~~~~~
ExcludeList=a dusty barrel|a dark coffin|a bitten victim|a hollow tree|                                                       
Radius=50
SitAggroRadiusCheck=75
AfkMessage=Not now, thanks
FollowDistance=20
FollowStick=20 hold uw
PetCast=
PetAggro=FALSE
DoMount=FALSE
MountCast=
DoPull=FALSE
DoCures=FALSE
DeathSlot=FALSE
DoAura=FALSE
AuraCast=
ForageIni=forage.ini
NetworkINI=
TraderName=

[Melee]
OffTank=FALSE
ACLeash=50
ACAssistPct=99
ACManaPct=0
ACAnnounce=/bc
ACMeleeCmd=[COLOR="red"]/melee plugin=1[/COLOR]
ACBefore=
ACAfter=

[AdvHeal]
AHCount=0

[AdvDebuff]
ADCount=0
ADMobMax=18
ADCheckTime=0
ADAggroOnly=0
ADHold=0|1|1|   1=on 0=off|Debuff spell #|Time to wait for debuff|

[AdvBuff]
ABCount=[COLOR="red"]0[/COLOR]
ABMobMax=12
ABCheckTime=2s
ABProactive=TRUE

[AdvEvent]
AECount=0
AECustom1=
AECustom2=
AECustom3=

[AdvCure]
AQCount=0

[AdvPull]
APCheckTimer=0
APRadius=100
APMobMax=1
APScript=Pull
APBefore=
APAfter=
APRangedMod=0
APCheckTime=0
APPath=
APRetPath=
APAnnounce=
APRetries=1

Okay great, I will try this out too. I tried to have Melee set to true, then the one from the wiki had it set to false, so I tried that out as well. I still have no idea why the moveutils are so screwed up and when I modify them in game why they reset to 5.03. Ugh, I hate being a newb!

It is supposed to be off by default. The usage of modbot is intended so that when you do /mac modbot, the only thing that is on is DoHeals so you don't have to worry about it going nuts and trying to kill stuff while you are still setting up. Then you can either do /bc buffup and it sets DoBuffs to true to cast buffs, or can just jump straight to /bc letsroll, which will turn DoMelee, DoHeals (if not already set), DoDebuffs, DoBuffs, and DoEvents to true.

I have also tried the rogue ini from the examples, and found out that many of those ini's are probably 1-2 years old and so aren't always going to work anymore; especially when it comes to scripts. I took the scripts out of my rogues and it worked fine for me, though my rogue is in his 60s so I'm not using much more than just DoMelee to have it assist.

I don't know why your having the stick problem. Your moveutils.ini has a crap ton more options set than mine does. You might trying renaming your moveutils.ini to something like backup_moveutils.ini and let it reload as just default to see if it is indeed something in moveutils or somewhere else.

Last edited:
anyone care to share any scripts? Will gladly trade my inis for scripts or other cool uses people have come up with.

Well I'm not sure what happened but ever since this latest patch my bots are acting stupid.

I tell them to follow me but they stand around then when I zone they decide to start following. They will not buff, heal or attack anymore.

Anyone else experiencing something similar?

I have not altered my ini files since before the patch.

Yeah mine isn't working either, I would wager it's netheal.

Since netheal isn't required anymore, try disabling the plugin. And update any scripts you have that may use it.

Since netheal isn't required anymore, try disabling the plugin. And update any scripts you have that may use it.

Definately fixed the bots not working. However I want my NetHeal back. My Clericbot is playing a deadly game of letting the Warriorbot get down to 15% before casting light (which is set to heal at 85%). Let's Monkbot die without even bothering to heal.

Cleric is happy to heal it's self over and over without a problem though.

Is the cleric getting hit with an AE or something? I know most bots have the cleric healing code written to heal themselves first if they are low, and it's easy to mess that percentage up. Not sure if yours works that way but just a thought I had reading your description.

Hello!

I'm curious to see a few TLP 50+ shaman ini files if anyone cares to share.

REZ

Can't for the life of me get my cleric to rez anyone. Any help would be great.

ini:

[Settings]
DoMelee=FALSE
DoHeals=TRUE
DoBuffs=TRUE
DoDebuffs=TRUE
DoEvents=FALSE
DoCures=FALSE
DoPull=FALSE
DoPet=FALSE
DoSit=FALSE
DoLoot=FALSE
DoFW=FALSE
DoForage=FALSE
ForageIni=forage.ini
DoAfk=FALSE
DoMount=FALSE
MountCast=
MasterList=
TankName=
Radius=75
SitAggroRadiusCheck=75
AfkMessage=Not now, thanks
DeathSlot=FALSE
NetworkINI=
TraderName=
FollowDistance=20
FollowStick=20 hold uw
PetCast=
PetAggro=FALSE
PetAssist=0
PetFoci=
PetShrink=TRUE
PetShrinkSpell=

[Melee]
OffTank=FALSE
ACLeash=50
ACAssistPct=95
ACManaPct=101
ACAnnounce=
ACMeleeCmd=/melee plugin=1
ACBefore=
ACAfter=

[AdvHeal]
AHCount=4
AHCheckTime=0
AHHealOOBC=FALSE
AHHealMode=0|0|12
AHInterruptLevel=2
AHClassPriority=enc,wiz,mag,nec,clr,dru,shm,pal,shd,war,bst,rng,ber,rog,brd,mnk
AHAllowDismount=TRUE

AHGem1=2
AHSpell1=Earnest Light Rk. II
AHSpellFoci1=
AHDurMod1=0
AHSpellMinMana1=20
AHSpellAlias1=
AHAnnounce1=/g
AHTarCnt1=1
AHClass1=pc hp65 war shd pal rng mnk rog brd bst ber shm clr dru wiz mag enc nec pet
AHPreCondition1=TRUE

AHGem2=3
AHSpell2=Earnest Remedy Rk. II
AHSpellFoci2=
AHDurMod2=0
AHSpellMinMana2=20
AHSpellAlias2=heal2
AHAnnounce2=
AHTarCnt2=1
AHClass2=pc hp45 war shd
AHPreCondition2=TRUE

AHGem3=8
AHSpell3=Divine Fortitude Rk. II
AHSpellFoci3=
AHDurMod3=0
AHSpellMinMana3=10
AHSpellAlias3=DA
AHAnnounce3=/g DA
AHTarCnt3=1
AHClass3=self hp40
AHPreCondition3=TRUE

AHGem4=9
AHSpell4=Thirteenth Salve Rk. II
AHSpellFoci4=
AHDurMod4=0
AHSpellMinMana4=10
AHSpellAlias4=Heal
AHAnnounce4=/g
AHTarCnt4=1
AHClass4=pc hp35 war shd pal rng mnk rog brd bst ber shm clr dru wiz mag enc nec
AHPreCondition4=TRUE

[AdvDebuff]
ADCount=2
ADMobMax=20
ADCheckTime=2
ADAggroOnly=0
ADHold=0|1|1| 1=on 0=off|Debuff spell #|Time to wait for debuff|

ADGem1=4
ADSpell1=Celestial Contravention Rk. II
ADSpellFoci1=
ADDurMod1=0
ADSpellAlias1=DD
ADAnnounce1=
ADSpellMinMana1=40
ADSpellRecast1=0
ADSpellCastonResist1=
ADSpellDelay1=0
ADTarCnt1=1
ADTarType1=1
ADTarBegHP1=80
ADTarEndHP1=40
ADIfSpellImmune1=
ADUseHoTT1=0
ADPreCondition1=TRUE

ADGem2=5
ADSpell2=Devout Hammer of Zeal Rk. II
ADSpellFoci2=
ADDurMod2=0
ADSpellAlias2=pet
ADAnnounce2=
ADSpellMinMana2=20
ADSpellRecast2=0
ADSpellCastonResist2=
ADSpellDelay2=10
ADTarCnt2=1
ADTarType2=1
ADTarBegHP2=98
ADTarEndHP2=95
ADIfSpellImmune2=
ADUseHoTT2=0
ADPreCondition2=TRUE

[AdvBuff]
ABCount=9
ABMobMax=18
ABCheckTime=2

ABGem1=1
ABSpell1=Fintar's Retort Rk. II
ABSpellFoci1=
ABDurMod1=0
ABSpellAlias1=proc
ABAnnounce1=
ABSpellMinMana1=40
ABTarCnt1=1
ABTarType1=tank cbt
ABRecast1=FALSE
ABSpellIcon1=
ABPreCondition1=TRUE

ABGem2=6
ABSpell2=Reliance Rk. II
ABSpellFoci2=
ABDurMod2=0
ABSpellAlias2=HP
ABAnnounce2=
ABSpellMinMana2=20
ABTarCnt2=1
ABTarType2=war shd pal rng mnk clr rog brd bst ber shm dru wiz mag enc nec pet
ABRecast2=FALSE
ABSpellIcon2=
ABPreCondition2=TRUE

ABGem3=6
ABSpell3=Armor of the Earnest Rk. II
ABSpellFoci3=
ABDurMod3=0
ABSpellAlias3=selfbuff
ABAnnounce3=
ABSpellMinMana3=20
ABTarCnt3=1
ABTarType3=self
ABRecast3=FALSE
ABSpellIcon3=
ABPreCondition3=TRUE

ABGem4=6
ABSpell4=Blessing of Will Rk. II
ABSpellFoci4=
ABDurMod4=0
ABSpellAlias4=spellhaste
ABAnnounce4=
ABSpellMinMana4=20
ABTarCnt4=1
ABTarType4=shd pal rng bst shm clr dru wiz mag enc nec
ABRecast4=FALSE
ABSpellIcon4=
ABPreCondition4=TRUE

ABGem5=7
ABSpell5=Yaulp XI Rk. II
ABSpellFoci5=
ABDurMod5=0
ABSpellAlias5=Yaulp
ABAnnounce5=
ABSpellMinMana5=10
ABTarCnt5=1
ABTarType5=self cbt idle
ABRecast5=FALSE
ABSpellIcon5=
ABPreCondition5=TRUE

ABGem6=10
ABSpell6=Shining Rampart Rk. II
ABSpellFoci6=
ABDurMod6=0
ABSpellAlias6=Proc
ABAnnounce6=
ABSpellMinMana6=20
ABTarCnt6=1
ABTarType6=shd pal war idle cbt
ABRecast6=FALSE
ABSpellIcon6=
ABPreCondition6=TRUE

ABGem7=item
ABSpell7=Twisted Ring of Madness
ABSpellFoci7=
ABDurMod7=0
ABSpellAlias7=regen
ABAnnounce7=
ABSpellMinMana7=0
ABTarCnt7=1
ABTarType7=self
ABRecast7=FALSE
ABSpellIcon7=
ABPreCondition7=TRUE

ABGem8=alt
ABSpell8=Blessing of Resurrection
ABSpellFoci8=
ABDurMod8=0
ABSpellAlias8=rezspell
ABAnnounce8=/bc
ABSpellMinMana8=0
ABTarCnt8=0
ABTarType8=war shd pal rng mnk rog brd bst ber shm clr dru wiz mag enc nec
ABRecast8=FALSE
ABSpellIcon8=
ABPreCondition8=TRUE

ABGem9=script
ABSpell9=rezgroup
ABSpellFoci9=
ABDurMod9=0
ABSpellAlias9=rez
ABAnnounce9=/bc
ABSpellMinMana9=0
ABTarCnt9=1
ABTarType9=self idle cbt
ABRecast9=FALSE
ABSpellIcon9=
ABPreCondition9=TRUE

[AdvEvent]
AECustom1=
AECustom2=
AECustom3=
AECount=0

[AdvPull]
APCheckTime=10
APRadius=75
APMobMax=10
APScript=
APPath=
APRetPath=
APBefore=
APAfter=
APAnnounce=
APRetries=1

[AdvCure]
AQCount=0

[Script-rezgroup]
Commands=8
C1=/if ({RezChkTimer}) /return
C2=/if (!{Defined[RezChkTimer]}) /declare RezChkTimer timer outer 80
C3=/if (!{SpawnCount[corpse radius 75 group]}) /return
C4=/target id {Spawn[corpse group].ID}
C5=/delay 2s {Target.Type.Equal[corpse]}
C6=/corpse
C7=/call CastCall {Me.CleanName} ''cast rezspell {Spawn[corpse group].ID}''
C8=/varset RezChkTimer 80

send me a fixed one please

I have been trying to get this damn macro to work for the better part of 3 hours and i am just at a loss. I have tryed everything i can think of and just dont know were to put this shit. I hate how the aura junk just never works right on anything for me lmao. If anyone has the working version of this damn macro i would be greatly appreciative if you could send it to me. Mine keeps giveing that damn aura junk and i dont know what to do anymore. thanks:mad:

was wondering how i would go about having modbot buff only people in BC.. here is an example of a buff id like to use

ABGem3=8
ABSpell3=Voice of Forethought Rk. II
ABSpellFoci3=
ABDurMod3=0
ABSpellAlias3=mana
ABAnnounce3=/bc
ABSpellMinMana3=40
ABTarCnt3=3
ABRecast3=TRUE
ABTarType3=self grp cbt idle
ABSpellIcon3=

would it be for this line

ABTarType3=bc

or do i need more along with the ABtartype?

EDIT : reason is i usually split up my crew into 2 groups with mercs in each group and wanted the buffers to buff both groups ( all people are in bc of course )

EDIT2: well tried that and doesnt seem to work... ;p... well if anyone knows how to buff in BC cool beans and your help is much appreicated... otherwise if not even just buffing outside of the group would be nice ;p..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: got buffing outside the group to work in a semi ghetto way

changed this to 1

ABTarCnt3=1 ( this way the modbot thinks its a single spell... instead of a group spell )

and changed this

ABTarType3=pal self

reason for pal is the paladin is out of the group so modbot will target him and buff him with what it thinks is a single buff but it is a group buff that hits all of the second group...

but the downside is that if a pal runs by i would imagine that i will buff him as well heh

so if anyone knows how to get buffing to be done with only the people in bc... if thats possible i still am interested btw :p

thanks for your time

Last edited:
Modbot Wiki said:
ABRecast[x]=TRUE|FALSE

-True is only really needed for single targets that are NOT in the group and/or on NetBots. Set ABRecast TRUE when you want the macro to use the spell worn off messages from EQ for the macro to know who to cast the buff on. This allows you to rebuff toons that are lower level for your normal buff set, or not in EQBC and not in group.
-For the most part this shouldn't be needed for rebuffing if all of your toons are NetBots members. The macro actually checks the other toons in netbots and knows what their buffs are, whether the one they're trying to cast will stack, and the duration of the buff if the toon still has it on.

Last edited:
Still looking for some help on getting a decent rogue macro. All the sticks will not use max melee for some reason, everything sticks under mobs and can't backstab. Could use some help here if at all possible please.

sticks are controlled by mq2moveutils, not modbot. There isn't settings in Modbot that have anything to do with max melee.

Mq2melee and Mq2moveutils is the problem.

Having an issue (on 1 enc, out of 10 chars), where whenever I start him he says "Death Detected, waiting on rez etc etc." Now, he has no corpses in any zone, fully buffed and everything but he won't attack, cast, send in pet or anything. I haven't changed any settings or anything to make him do this. Any ideas?

Edit: Figured out the issue; he didnt have a bag in bag slot#1, so it referenced him being dead for some reason.

Last edited:
Modbot has something that sends an audio tone + announces in EQBC when a toon gets a tell. I'm wanting to incorporate it into some of my macros. I don't see anything in the macro itself, so I was thinking it was something in one of the inc files.

If someone knows offhand where it is, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'll just dig a little deeper after breakfast.

Hi all,

Gearing up for a return to the Rizlona server and I see Modbot is still alive and kicking---with many upgrades to boot. I'll be posting again in here as I get things up and running. Been a long time since I made this thread, excited to give back again.

Thanks,

dr00d69

I changed the command in your pull script to /killthis instead of ranged or provoke. This ensured the character would melee the mob, break mez and bring the mob into camp shareit vidmate apk

I have the newest mac and inc files. I use the currently compile from here. Having a bitch of a time figuring this out. Anyone having healing problems on the new server? Or is it just me.