Release MMOLoader Launch Integration

so I have my MMO/MQ2 folder running inside my Dropbox across a couple different computers so I dont have to reset INI files 100 times when I'm at home, laptop, office, etc.

Since this last update, the forcing of the INILocation into the MQ2Autologin.ini file breaks things for me as sometimes the dropbox folders are in different paths (Work PC for example)

Had to remove it a couple times, seems to be re-added everytime I start the launcher from any computer - irrespective if I have UseMQ2Login set or not.

Last edited:
so I have my MMO/MQ2 folder running inside my Dropbox across a couple different computers so I dont have to reset INI files 100 times when I'm at home, laptop, office, etc.

Since this last update, the forcing of the INILocation into the MQ2Autologin.ini file breaks things for me as sometimes the dropbox folders are in different paths (Work PC for example)

Had to remove it a couple times, seems to be re-added everytime I start the launcher from any computer - irrespective if I have UseMQ2Login set or not.
I'll remove it. You can safely ignore it though, as rhe plugin no longer uses that entry.

Hey HTW when trying to use the launch sessions i tell it to load the launch group and upon doing that the everquest screen opens up and in the station username it gives me the toonname with a underscore and server then : and toonname again what may i possibly be doing wrong

Hey HTW when trying to use the launch sessions i tell it to load the launch group and upon doing that the everquest screen opens up and in the station username it gives me the toonname with a underscore and server then : and toonname again what may i possibly be doing wrong
Most likely, you aren't loading the plugin. Right-click mmoloader tray icon, then Plugin Configuration, and make sure mq2autologin is selected to load.

htw

If that's not it, check your MQ2AutoLogin.ini for correct settings.

i load my bots from a separate instance of EQ the first 4 load up fine the 5th one no matter how many times i add it to the configuration it doesnt save it any ideas?

i load my bots from a separate instance of EQ the first 4 load up fine the 5th one no matter how many times i add it to the configuration it doesnt save it any ideas?
It could be you aren't out of edit mode? Click out of the row after you add it - e.g., click a cell in the empty row right below it. Then close window/save.

If that doesn't work, you can upload debug file (with latest loader, mmoloader tray icon, then Debug, then Upload Debug Log).

htw

Is it normal for MMOLoader to want to download MMOAL.dll and MMOLoader.dll every time I run it? The files exist, and the file hash is the same before and after, but it always asks me to update them.

Is it normal for MMOLoader to want to download MMOAL.dll and MMOLoader.dll every time I run it? The files exist, and the file hash is the same before and after, but it always asks me to update them.
I just checked on several test systems, and they don't do that (I would imagine others would report such an issue also). Something must be modifying them, or else they aren't really updating (e.g., copy operation prevented, etc.).

htw

For the first few days mine was doing that, then it suddenly stopped.

I just checked on several test systems, and they don't do that (I would imagine others would report such an issue also). Something must be modifying them, or else they aren't really updating (e.g., copy operation prevented, etc.).

htw
Hey thanks for the reply. Sorry, I probably should've said that I'm using the Test server version, not Live. So I watched the process again closely, and what happens when I run MMOLoader is it downloads the latest files, but then immediately wants to "update" them with older versions.

i.e. on first run I end up with:
  • MMOAL.dll
  • Version 4.3.0.3
  • Size 24064 bytes

...and then it prompts me to update to:
  • MMOAL.dll
  • Version 4.3.0.1
  • Size 14848 bytes

Same happens to MMOLoader.dll, but the version doesn't change.

It doesn't show me the version, I just checked it manually.
It might still be on my end, but just wanted to run it by you. It ran fine all the same (Test just patched so not using it atm).

Thanks for your time!

Ah, nice catch, I bet the server script is pushing it so loader updates, but then compile update is repatching it.

I'll take a look.

Thanks again.

htw

That was it, fixed the server script up, after loader updates those files, you should no longer see it patching to older ones with the compile update screen.

Thanks again for pointing it out!

htw

I am having what appears to be a different issue - when i try to run MMObugs, it flashes up a download screen - and says 'there is a new version of mmoloader.exe' then that window closes and nothing shows up in the windows tray (checking processes running, nothing shows there after this).

Restart computer, uninstall, and reinstall - nothing seems to fix this.

When i reinstall it, there were 2 other files it says needed an update, it downloads those, but assumingly, when it gets to the mmoloader.exe it bombs out.

Any suggestions - here is a picture of what is going on.

MMOBUGS ERROR - Album on Imgur

I am having what appears to be a different issue - when i try to run MMObugs, it flashes up a download screen - and says 'there is a new version of mmoloader.exe' then that window closes and nothing shows up in the windows tray (checking processes running, nothing shows there after this).

Restart computer, uninstall, and reinstall - nothing seems to fix this.

When i reinstall it, there were 2 other files it says needed an update, it downloads those, but assumingly, when it gets to the mmoloader.exe it bombs out.

Any suggestions - here is a picture of what is going on.

MMOBUGS ERROR - Album on Imgur
Could be smartfilter or antivirus.

Download it manually and overwrite it in your MQ2 directory:

https://www.mmobugs.com/updates/ldr4/MMOLoader.exe

I had exact ? Thanks Renji

How do I copy Launch session from 1 computer to another?

Thanks,
HL