MMOBugs MacroQuest Test Server - Latest Release

FYI: r u attempting to compile standard stuff and skills and other missing Live stuff on " test loader "??

notice:

1. missing auto spell loader
a. still loads spell the " old way " Sit > mem spells > stand > refresh > cast

Thanks fry for taking time to "poke around " my computer and fix issues i was having

reason i play test:

1. live accounts are silver till i get pay check to make them gold

Everything is practically the same.

You don't have the same plugins loaded that you do for your live version. For loading spells, do /plugin MQ2MMOFastMem

FYI: r u attempting to compile standard stuff and skills and other missing Live stuff on " test loader "??

notice:

1. missing auto spell loader
a. still loads spell the " old way " Sit > mem spells > stand > refresh > cast

Thanks fry for taking time to "poke around " my computer and fix issues i was having

reason i play test:

1. live accounts are silver till i get pay check to make them gold

Everything is practically the same.

You don't have the same plugins loaded that you do for your live version. For loading spells, do /plugin MQ2MMOFastMem

ok

FYI, with today's loader update, I made it inject to testeqgame.exe as well.

htw

Appears there was a patch today? Getting the wrong .exe error when trying to load.

Appears there was a patch today? Getting the wrong .exe error when trying to load.

Looks like a new eqgame.exe for test server.

I've started working on the update.

Looks like we have structure changes, this wont be a 1 hour update. Expect some down time.

servers are going down again.. probably means another patch.
I blame this heroe's forge stuff

Just quick update. This exe seems almost like an expansion launch exe. A lot of changes have been made, more than we've seen in a year or so.

Xeniaz worked his ass off most of today on this and both of us barely dented the surface of changes.

Bad news: This could take some time to get a working update for test server. Sorry test server guys.

Good news: Live server release should have a much less downtime when they push the exe to live.

I just had a quick look over at test server, it looks like test server is running the exact same exe as live is at the moment.

The server is still locked so I can't test it but can someone report back here letting us know if live version of MMOLoader is working on test at the moment. I will spend some time tomorrow fixing up a few issues on test patcher.

I just had a quick look over at test server, it looks like test server is running the exact same exe as live is at the moment.

The server is still locked so I can't test it but can someone report back here letting us know if live version of MMOLoader is working on test at the moment. I will spend some time tomorrow fixing up a few issues on test patcher.

Live version just says incorrect client version when trying to attach to a test patched everquest.exe

Test server release has been updated. Should work until sony pushes a new eqgame.exe. Please let us know when they do.

I'm getting an incorrect client version when attempting to load MMOLoader on Test now. Not sure if it's just me though~

You da bes' Fry

I'm getting an incorrect client version when attempting to load MMOLoader on Test now. Not sure if it's just me though~

You da bes' Fry

Should be still fine.

MMOLoader is currently dated: Aug 16 2012 20:42:23
eqgame.exe on test is: Aug 16 2012 20:42:23

I've attached an exe to this post. Drop it in your everquest folder then run it. It will tell you the date of the eqgame.exe.

Also do the following if you are still having problems.

Make sure all forms of MMOLoader are closed
- Open Launchpad
- Changed "Version: Live" to test up the top left hand corner.
- Wait for patching
- Click Play
- Close launchpad in background
- Load into game.
- Launch MMOLoader for test server.

Attachments

• EQVersion.exe
    236 KB · Views: 2
Has anyone been able to use Mq2 Test with Innerspace yet? For some reason they don't seem to get along whereas the non test version of mq2 works perfectly.

I have noticed the same issue with inner space and mmoloader on test

Has anyone been able to use Mq2 Test with Innerspace yet? For some reason they don't seem to get along whereas the non test version of mq2 works perfectly.

I had a talk to Htw about this, only thing we could think of is we could have a bad offset in our release that is causing the problem. Hopefully our next update for Test server it will be fixed but since we only have about five people using this release, it isn't high on the priority list.

Please let us know next update if it's fixed or not.

but since we only have about five people using this release, it isn't high on the priority list.

Now I'm not saying anything bad about this, it's completely understandable. There really is no reason to put much effort into it for a small number of people. But this is why I haven't switched over to playing on test and using the test compile fully yet. I've been using it for some things, but I don't actually play EQ a lot these days. When I do play, I only feel like doig so with MQ2.

I'm worried about putting in effort on test characters and then later you guys deciding the test compile is not worth the effort at all due to so few people using it. All of that effort on those characters would be wasted as I'd have to revert back to my original characters on live servers in order to continue playing with MQ2. The main lure for test server is the fact that you get gold level access for free. So don't have to worry about AA caps, armor restrictions, plat caps, and such. When you have 12 accounts, being able to get all the benefits of EQ (except the most recent expansion) for free on all 12 of the accounts beats the hell out of spending 180 dollars a month to do it. If it weren't for that I wouldn't even be considering playing around on test server.

I guess the main point of my post is to question, what are the chances of the test compile getting discontinued completely due to so few users? I guess by the same token Sony could stop giving gold access for free on test and I'd be in the same boat lol.

Reactions: EQDAB
but since we only have about five people using this release, it isn't high on the priority list.

Now I'm not saying anything bad about this, it's completely understandable. There really is no reason to put much effort into it for a small number of people. But this is why I haven't switched over to playing on test and using the test compile fully yet. I've been using it for some things, but I don't actually play EQ a lot these days. When I do play, I only feel like doig so with MQ2.

I'm worried about putting in effort on test characters and then later you guys deciding the test compile is not worth the effort at all due to so few people using it. All of that effort on those characters would be wasted as I'd have to revert back to my original characters on live servers in order to continue playing with MQ2. The main lure for test server is the fact that you get gold level access for free. So don't have to worry about AA caps, armor restrictions, plat caps, and such. When you have 12 accounts, being able to get all the benefits of EQ (except the most recent expansion) for free on all 12 of the accounts beats the hell out of spending 180 dollars a month to do it. If it weren't for that I wouldn't even be considering playing around on test server.

I guess the main point of my post is to question, what are the chances of the test compile getting discontinued completely due to so few users? I guess by the same token Sony could stop giving gold access for free on test and I'd be in the same boat lol.

This worries me too. The amount of effort it takes to update test vs the amount of subscriptions we generate from it doesn't balance out. I'd make better money spending my time working at McDonalds.

The main reason I personally am doing it, is to learn how to update structures better and become more efficient at updating offsets. Last patch Test MQ2 was down for about two weeks as Xeniaz and I couldn't figure out the changes together fast enough. In total we must of spent a good 80 hours on it together, but did learn a ton.

Even if we made Test MQ2 our number one priority, it would never warrant the amount of time it requires to keep updated, hence why nobody else has ever even attempted it.

I am going to guess we are going to have about 70% uptime for test MQ2 version, it all depends on how often sony updates the test server, and how vast the changes are. At this stage I have no plans to stop updating MQ2 for test server, but if user numbers stay low and I get busy, it will get a lower priority.

Reactions: EQDAB
Innerspace Workaround

Currently, I have been able to work around the issue by loading all six instances of innerspace through the launcher.exe and closing the launcher each time a character loads.

When all characters are loaded, I start mq2.

It's a little time consuming on the startup, but at least it works.

I've found test to be a neat place to try new setups due to the leveling speed. The high tolerance to boxing also makes it a fairly enjoyable setting.

I'm coming back to eq, been playing emu but want a distraction. I'll be doing test :) please don't give up on it yet. I have 2 characters grandfathered in so I figured I'd level up 4 others on live to max level, the testcopy them. That way I'd at least have decent level characters to play on live when test is down.