MMOBugs MQ2 For EQMac PC Client - Beta Release

New Spell Set functions Checked in.
- You can now Load/Save and Delete Spellsets just like on live servers.
- This also means that /loadspells will work in macros
- Spell sets are case sensitive, this means that you CAN save a spellset named Gnolls, and another named gnolls
both will be valid.
If you want to overwrite a spellset be aware of that.
- 10 sets are max (just like on live servers) but we could add more if I get some feedback in the future about it being a problem.

MQ2BardSwap Checked in. (NOTE, I don't have a bard, I haven't tested it at all.)

I also fixed what I consider a bug in the client, you can now run forward even when in chatmode.

Tech info:
When running the client WITHOUT MQ2 loaded, if you have any other key than the default mapped for forward AND you are in chatmode and press the UP key, your char will NOT move forward even though its alt-mapped to forward in options. If you have all keys loaded as default, you will...

My fix takes care of that, and will move u forward even when in chatmode.
For obvious reasons if your forward keys are BOTH mapped to alphanumerical keys, it will just type the character in the chatwindow and NOT move you forward.

htw will release at his conviniance.

Last edited:
lol, looks like they are patching well, I don't care about that , but what sucks is that no one got to see my kick ass spell set functions...

Ok, its too early to tell if I need to get you guys a new eqgame.exe or not, but I can say this, as of right now, don't run the pcclient cause the checksum will be wrong for sure.

Ill investigate/fix and send out an update as soon as I have looked into this some more.

Looks like encryption changed at first glance/and or the packet for worldauthenticate... no biggie, Ill bypass.

ok found the problem, fixing.

Last edited:
oo nooo, got home from work to learn the pc client has been disabled. log in here to see its already being addressed! keep up the great work mrwizeman!!!

Latest News:

I am at character select.
More work is needed, but im 100% sure this is not gonna be a problem.
We are currently debating if we should release a new eqgame.exe or just patch the one you all have.
Stay Tuned.

To anyone who plays EQMac (Test Server/Live Too). Please consider Donating To EQMule/mrwizeman to show your support.

He loves working with MQ2, but is taking days off work to help do updates and is losing him a days income at work each time he does it. He will get an update out for PC client so we can get back to playing on EQMac on a PC, and continue development on MQ2 for EQMac.

Thanks.

Threw some cash your way!

Also have some Plat too when things have settled.

Latest News:

I am in game now, need to do some more testing of course.
To get this out as fast as possible, I will checkin an update to mq2 which patches the relevant code in eqgame.exe on the fly.
That gives me more time to patch the actual client for those users who don't want to/cant run mq2.

Out of no where, today I feel like checking out the eq mac server. After an hour or so of feeling stupid for not getting it to work I finally find this thread. Cool cool cool.

Something very curious now, is that serverside checksum doesn't seem to matter, there is no disconnect even if check fails...
I wonder if they turned that off on purpose to let pcusers play without having to patch their client to send the correct one or if they are just using it to see who send the wrong checksum so they can ban them later...
In either case, our version will of course bypass and send the correct checksum, just to be safe.

They suspend/ban folks for using VMware to run Mac and play on Al'Kabor. I would bet your guess is correct that they can and would consider using checksum for suspensions/bans. Good call on sending correct anyway. Thanks for your work.

Just about ready to release, making zipfile now as far as I can tell everything works again.

EQMac-Windows-mmobugsEdition-MQ2-v2.0.zip

This version needs MQ2 to work.

I will release a standalone version as well, this just buys me some more time to work on that, and make it proper.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited:
Thanks for all the hard work you're currently doing on EQ Mac.

This is seriously making me consider playing on this server. Not that i have time, but it makes me want to.

Thank you for the work. Anyway beastlord MGB can be added to the AA window?

hmm, yes ill have to look into that, ill put it on my todo list, as a workaround if u have a mac, perhaps u can create a hotbutton for it? or edit the inifile that has hotbuttons?
I suppose I need to edit the exe to add that new aa to the aa list.