MMOBugs guild on Zippzipp's Funland Beta

Ugh i got on once.

Now i get no 3d device detected on launch.

Reinstalled directx
Reinstalled drivers
checked dxdiag

I got nothing on how to fix it //

Update after doing a clean install of my drivers (gtx 460 SE 64 bit Windows 7) It loaded EQ. However after getting in the world, and moving literally 1 click of my W key forward it crashed again. And began giving me the no 3d device error.

Dxdiag still said graphics acceleration was enabled.

I'm at my wits end lol, anyone able to help here?
You could always try:

1) Delete your eqclient.ini
2) Run the OptionsEditor.exe in your UF install directory, pick some settings, save.
3) Try run EQ, and set up to your liking

htw

I got tagged by Kodi on one of my toons the other night, just need to catch an officer online for my other toons :)

I'll have to get tagged one of these days too... only about level 30 so far. Look out for Furley

I got it working :) Now i just need people to respond when I ask for a bugs guild invite :)

My toons are in the hole aa xping while i work. Maybe this evening I can get you an invite if you still need one!

Ill be in and out today but toss me a tell (take a guess at the name) and I can do invites if I'm on.

(take a guess at the name)

MyLordAndMaster?

Do somewhat recent macros work here? Just curious if people have much running or have done custom scripting to keep their group going...is modbot the standard?

Last edited:
Do somewhat recent macros work here? Just curious if people have much running or have done custom scripting to keep their group going...is modbot the standard?

It's hit n miss. Most of us have taken something and altered it a bit. EQBC seems to still be the popular standard but some people are using modbot.

So here's a problem. We are getting elemental plane flagged. We're going to be getting elemental molds soon (I think Kodi has some already). To make these best in class gear items we need Ethereal Sheet of Metal.

To this end I am farming Bricks of Ethereal energy. I have a few hundred and will hopefully have a few hundred more soon. I maxed out my Smithing AA w/salvage. I will level up smithing, some how, to the point where i can make this stuff pretty easily.

We should get a guild bank going. Does that work yet?

I have the skills now to make the sheets.

What I need from you: Bricks of ethereal energy. That's it. I can do the rest.

I should be getting 3-500 bricks a day. Sheets are no longer a problem, now we need the guild to get to pop and get some molds!

Rob !

I'm pretty sure my directx got corrupted somehow / anyway a fresh install of windows fixed the problem. So now I can use UF and comfortably box!

UF client runs so much smoother than titanium. I'll be in PoP soon.

Thanks for all the help.

Any ideas on how to get a better ping on the server? mine sucks bad all the time so when i kill with lots of others i lag out and DC

right now i'm running even a solo instance at close to 120-130ms

blows big fucking goats. Makes it so i really cannot play :( which sucks because i do love playing here but at this point, if i cannot get any better i'm pretty much done.

try lowering your particles and all those other useless things. It really helps when you have 50 people around you all casting the same stupid shield of molasses spell to buff the druid.

Not sure if iti's just me or not. BUt the other night I also experienced a good bit of lag, infact at one point everyone in plane of fear crashed to desktop out of nowhere.

Zipp said the server was in Atlanta, GA last night so if you're forever away from that, it may be the source of client lag. As for the rest of it, when a ton of bots are in zone the area lags.