Megadeath Achievement

Aekron

Reaction score
Looking into starting that.

Any .mac (without warp etc) just a zone per zone?
Dont wanna get caught taking time to do it but overnight progress would help.
Also pointers / lists of zones to do it fastest?

What achievement is this, exactly?

killing a couple thousand of ALL EQ races/creatures pretty much

I got curious about this question and found a lot of decent info on allakhazam under each sub-achievement. It's a ton of work, though. I've completed some of them while pharming stuff, with no actual intention, and I'm always surprised how long it takes to kill like 1000 of one mob type. What makes it worse for this particular achievement is that certain mob types are rather rare so not only do you have to kill a shitload but you have to clear PHers and wait for the type you need to spawn.

Frankly, if anything deserved a 40-slot bag as a reward, or even better, THIS does! As it is, you only get a couple of titles.

Megadeath

I've finished it on my main group, but here's something to remember:

It's about #s and nothing else.

We did a few near instant respawn zones and, at times, had well over 2K corpses. TURN ADVANCED LOOT OFF OR YOU WILL CRASH.

This is an extremely easy achievement for a guild to get - make a raid (can have up to 72), everyone spread out in the same zone and designate who's killing what. The whole thing can be done in < 1 week. The few that are trickier are killing gods and dragons. My fav place to do this is PoTime for gods - too many good places places to count dragons. Some of the old school drops are actually still useful - kinda.

PoP elemental zones are decent too, but far too often someone I'm with screws up and their repost kills the last respawn mob.

Last edited:
I've finished it on my main group, but here's something to remember:

It's about #s and nothing else.

We did a few near instant respawn zones and, at times, had well over 2K corpses. TURN ADVANCED LOOT OFF OR YOU WILL CRASH.

This is an extremely easy achievement for a guild to get - make a raid (can have up to 72), everyone spread out in the same zone and designate who's killing what. The whole thing can be done in < 1 week. The few that are trickier are killing gods and dragons. My fav place to do this is PoTime for gods - too many good places places to count dragons. Some of the old school drops are actually still useful - kinda.

PoP elemental zones are decent too, but far too often someone I'm with screws up and their repost kills the last respawn mob.

Gods are easy. if you can catch Rathe Council up. Just don't "win" the event and you can get god slayer in about an hour.

Gods

I did this one with quite a few runs at the Zek's in tactics. I did that raid back when PoP was the current xpac, but I never learned all of the ins-and-outs of the raid that spawns multiple copies.

The way I do it now is just run in and slaughter them until they stop spawning. I'm curious if anyone can tell me exactly how it works. I know they'll respawn at least 3 times. Sadly, I don't recall if it was Tallon or Vallon. As I understand it, if you kill the wrong ones first, they'll keep spawning over and over.

I do recall that two were a lvl or so higher than the rest. Other than that, I didn't notice a difference.