May 2016 - New Server Announced - Quarm!

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
Good day, Norrathians!

It’s hard to believe we are almost out of spring and into summer! I wanted to take a moment and let you know what the team is working on and what’s coming.

First, Quarm! This new server will launch this summer! It’s a limited-time server where all characters are on a race to defeat Mata Muram! Here are some details:

- New server with Omens of War-era features, zones, and advancement.
- Goal: Race to defeat Mata Muram.
- Based on your accomplishments on Quarm, you’ll be able to earn special rewards that can be claimed by characters on another server (live OR progression).
- Start at level 51 with 50 AA and gear.
- Free trading of items (like you can on the Firiona Vie server).
- True Box.

We’ll have more information to share on the Quarm server as we get closer to opening this up to a beta test with players. Like our other special servers, access to Quarm will require membership.

Progression servers have been moving along nicely. Hard to believe that Ragefire opened on May 20 last year! Lockjaw and Phinigel both unlocked The Scars of Velious content on their servers recently, and players there have quickly been making their way through that era’s raid content.

The Memorial Day weekend is coming up and we have something special planned for players. Stay tuned to hear more at the end of this week.

Also, on June 1, we will launch our new Legends of Norrath Loot Pack – Legend of the Jarsath Destroyer – on our marketplace. This new pack will have loot from The Jarsath Destroyer, Fall of the Estarim, Debt of the Ratonga, and Drakkinshard. The previous loot pack, The Legend of the Dragonbrood, will go into the vault at the end of the day on May 31, so don’t miss out! It’ll be a while until it’s seen again!

And, as is true each year, we are well into our next expansion’s development. We’ll start giving you details as we get a little further along this year.

We are looking forward to another great year with our Norrathian faithful at our sides. Thanks for joining us!

------------------------

Interesting idea, what are your thoughts?

Personally, I hope they do a server merge before this server opens. The big problem with all of the TLP servers opening up is it cannibalizes the live servers. My server used to be decently populated until Ragefire/Lockjaw opened up. When Phinny came about, it took another hit. I know a lot of top end guilds are struggling to recruit decent players because they all left for the TLP. I feel for the LFGs I see in general every now and then who call out a few times and log off because there are no people on the the server to pick them up. Hell, I would invite them to my group and kick an alt if I knew they wouldn't report me for using MQ. If I wasn't boxing my own group, I probably would have quit by now.

On a side note, I'm assuming the MMOBugs team is taking the same stance on Quarm as it did on Phinny and deactivating it since it is a true box server?

Personally, I hope they do a server merge before this server opens. The big problem with all of the TLP servers opening up is it cannibalizes the live servers. My server used to be decently populated until Ragefire/Lockjaw opened up. When Phinny came about, it took another hit. I know a lot of top end guilds are struggling to recruit decent players because they all left for the TLP. I feel for the LFGs I see in general every now and then who call out a few times and log off because there are no people on the the server to pick them up. Hell, I would invite them to my group and kick an alt if I knew they wouldn't report me for using MQ. If I wasn't boxing my own group, I probably would have quit by now.

On a side note, I'm assuming the MMOBugs team is taking the same stance on Quarm as it did on Phinny and deactivating it since it is a true box server?

If I wasn't boxing my own group, I probably would have quit by now..........AGREED

I NEED A FEW GROUP QUEST DONE, but cannot seem to get a REAL group either. These are NOT boxable either..........:eek:

quest i need done:

Fall of Lord Bayle in ToR........offering 5 Kronos ( for 6 successful missions )
Burn out...offering 2 Kronos (for 6 successful missions )
Confronting Calix .....offering 3 ( for 6 successful mission)
Enslaver 8 kronos (for 6 successful missions )

* note when i mean 6 successful mission.......i will be running 1 toon @ a time 6 times until all my toons are flagged

PM me for more details and server

Ultimately it's EQMules call though I'm sure it will be put up for discussion between MQ2 developers. Since it seems to be a race to completed GOD, I'm fairly certain we'll disable active hacks if there is MQ2 on it.