Question Looking for macro...

crickety

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Has anyone came across a good macro for botting 2-3 players on the EMU servers? (ROF2 mainly)

I was trying to use bot40 but it was throwing out errors. And I believe Bot.mac was depreciated, with the expectation that bot40 would take its place in the emu community.

Any pointers for a substitute macro would be great.

Thanks

P.S. I am attaching my log file of the errors for Bot40 if it is needed. I also included my active plugin list to see if maybe that might be an issue.

Attachments

• Bot40 Errors.log
    189.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Great, thank you for the info. Will check these out a.s.a.p..

So I tried loading the dev paladin macro and it output tons of errors.

Attaching log file showing errors.

Attachments

• Paladin errors.log
    50.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
So, I tried the second link you gave me. Again, just spewing out errors... log attached. I am assuming this means these have been updated also?

Thanks for trying to help Fry.

Attachments

• Dev-Paladin Bot Errors.log
    31.6 KB · Views: 1
Okay, I downloaded the files you supplied and it is still sending out errors...

just a handful this time... I have included the log file.

Attachments

• DevPaladinmac.log
    22 KB · Views: 2
Looks like we need even older versions. Fixing the errors would be still a bit time consuming.

Devestator macros used to work really well for RoF2 back in the day, but I don't seem to have my copys, and github doesn't go back long enough.

I'll shoot Devestator a message to see if he has a copy.

You could try MQ2Bot

Thank you for trying to help. I can play without the macro's would just have made things a wee bit easier, quality of life ways.

I will check MQ2Bot out, I seemed to remember it not working correctly, but maybe that got fixed at one point and I am wrong.

Again, thank you for all the help.

i can check my backup files i know i have some of his stuff from even 2009 but most of its 2014-2016

This is from 2017

Dev_Macs-master

Alot of people on EMU servers use E3. Can google it and find it. Let me know if you have trouble.

I don't personally use it because half the fun is writing your own :p

I just wanted to get a little update out there on this subject in case anyone is following it...

I have had some success running bot40 and modbot 3.49 macros on the eqemu servers. The issue I had been running into when originally running these macros was error messages being shot out in eqbc and breaking things...

It turns out that I had mq2netheal loaded and that was breaking things. I unloaded mq2netheal and at least these two macros have now been working pretty much flawlessly.

I haven't really checked anything else out as one of these two usually serves the purposes I need.

Thank you to everyone that gave out suggestions on what to use.

BTW... I checked out E3.. and icky.. you need to use their specific MQ along with the macro. You can not use the compile from here and run E3.

Thanks again all.

Thanks for that info crickety. Would you mind much to post/attach your bot40 and modbot macros for others to use (and which release version they're for, i.e. rof2, uf, etc.).

Thanks again.

htw

Bot40 - Modbot 3.49 on MQ for RoF2 version

I have attached the bot40 macro that I am currently using, I am using this over modbot3.49 at the moment. People can read the wiki page on this site on how to set the bot40 macro up.

I don't feel comfortable posting the modbot macro that I have, as I got the link to it from the VIP portion of macroquest boards.

I can provide a link to one of the author's github page, although it is a newer version 3.5 versus 3.49. Hopefully it still works, I am not sure. Click Here

There is this wiki page for setting up modbot. Click Here This also happen to be a good tutorial page Click Here.

Hope others are able to use this information.

Attachments

• bot40.mac
    475.2 KB · Views: 10
i prefer the e3 macro's once u get used to them u can box as many as u want.

Attachments

• Macros.rar
    268.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Yeah. If I could get warp and map plugin that worked with e3 I'd be tight. As it stands now I can have great automation or convenience, but not both.