Login Issues

Razgak

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am having a weird issue. I just got a new computer from my son. (His old one) My problem is when I try to log into mmoloader on this computer it tries to auto log into an account that is banned and not mine. I am not given a chance to enter my account info. I have tried uninstalling mmoloader and reinstalling several times. No matter if it is a fresh install or not it tries to log into this account. I do not understand how a fresh install from different locations would have this same info. I am left to assume that there is a file on this computer that is associated with this account.

Any help would be great. Got this new computer and now cant use it. MMOloader works fine on all my other computers just not this new one.

Couple of solutions:
Option 1:
1. Locate the folder MMO is installed on the new computer
2. Find the file: mq2autologin.ini
3. Update it to have your accounts, or just remove all information

Option 2:
You can also right click MMO tray icon, go to Plugin Configuration and uncheck the plugin MQ2AutoLogin to disable this (i'm not sure if you want auto login at all or just not for that single account).

Option 3:
Alternatively, as you open EQ spam the "END" key on your keyboard to interrupt the MQ2AutoLogin plugin. This will allow you to login with valid account, once you get into game you can /plugin mq2autologin unload if you wish

Again, many options to get around this, take your pick!

Last edited:
Couple of solutions:
Option 1:
1. Locate the folder MMO is installed on the new computer
2. Find the file: mq2autologin.ini
3. Update it to have your accounts, or just remove all information

Option 2:
You can also right click MMO tray icon, go to Plugin Configuration and uncheck the plugin MQ2AutoLogin to disable this (i'm not sure if you want auto login at all or just not for that single account).

Option 3:
Alternatively, as you open EQ spam the "END" key on your keyboard to interrupt the MQ2AutoLogin plugin. This will allow you to login with valid account, once you get into game you can /plugin mq2autologin unload if you wish

Again, many options to get around this, take your pick!

Option 1:

I went to the file. Opened it up and it is a new fresh copy. It has no login info in here. Also from what I could tell this file has to do with logging into EQ and not the loader itself. I didn't see a spot to place my mmoloader info. So I tried just deleting the file and loading mmoloader. But mmoloader still tries to log into another account. Somehere mmoloader is pulling this info and it cant be its own folder cause it is a new install.

Option 2:

Icon is not available in the tray to do this option because I cannot get logged into mmoloader.

Option 3:

Didn't work for me. Will try a few more times just in case.

PS: I have also tried doing a disk clean up thinking maybe some cached file was my issue but this did not work either.

Last edited:
100% my fault on not understanding your problem. My guess is there is a registry setting for MMOBugs that retains most recent login information. I can't really confirm though, maybe htw or fry can chime in on that portion

100% my fault on not understanding your problem. My guess is there is a registry setting for MMOBugs that retains most recent login information. I can't really confirm though, maybe htw or fry can chime in on that portion

Thank you. That is what my gut has been telling me.

Ok fam, try this:
Check registry @ HKCU\Software\HTW\MQ2Loader4

Should have LoginName and LoginPass

I bet you can just update those or delete the contents and you should be set!

Ok fam, try this:
Check registry @ HKCU\Software\HTW\MQ2Loader4

Should have LoginName and LoginPass

I bet you can just update those or delete the contents and you should be set!

How do I check a registry?

You should be warned, fucking with the registry settings of your computer is typically something you really don't do unless you absolutely know what you're doing. With that warning:

Use regedit (you can search for it and it should pop up). On the left side of the window is like a nav bar, basically navigate to the following:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTW\MQ2Loader4

When you click on the folder MQ2Loader4 in the left nav window it should show you a bunch of items on the right side. One of those items will be RememberPassword, double click that and change the value from True to False. That should force you to have to enter credentials when you login the next time.

Also, make sure MMOLoader is closed before you edit the registry.

Final words, again don't play around with the registry unless you know what it's doing. Don't delete or change stuff. If you aren't able to open Regedit with my information, try googling or youtubing a video for it if you TRULY want to proceed.

It should clear it if you uninstall it. Don't just delete... uninstall.
Then install again.

Private message me the MMOBugs account that's banned and I'll look into it.

Only accounts banned lately were from spammers, though there is a chance you may have got lumped into that somehow.