lag

tiki

Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone else experiencing some randomg lag when running MQ in a raid format , it only happens on certain events on live servers when theres a giant cluster of PC's all trying to ya know kill the raid boss has been happeneing for about 4 weeks now only while Melee is engaged soon as the mob dies everything reverts back to normal

Most common causes of lag are log files enabled on something, and there is also a report of MQ2Bot Shaman lagging somewhere in it's routine. Processing chat events in macros with a mountain load of text coming in could do this too.

Reactions: tiki
If using mq2bot I’ve found for a shaman to make pulsecycling=1000 from 100 clears lag FYI mentioned to Pete he said not ideal never said much more about that part told me to make sure clickies are in too bag slot as it checks them all so if 8 40 slot bags it’s a lot to check seems to helped me

I have a strange effect. Since the last couple of patches of MQ2, the switching between the accounts with Innerspace/ISB is horrible slow, it takes partly 1s (I didn't updated/changed anything on ISB/IS). Anybody has the same problem? Perhaps connected with some of the plugins?

I have a strange effect. Since the last couple of patches of MQ2, the switching between the accounts with Innerspace/ISB is horrible slow, it takes partly 1s (I didn't updated/changed anything on ISB/IS). Anybody has the same problem? Perhaps connected with some of the plugins?

It could be the hotkeys fighting with IS. At least you can try it. I'll add an auto-check for that next loader release, since IS has that built in. If you want to see if that's the case, then right-click mmoloader tray icon, options, and if it says "Hotkeys Are Enabled", then click it so it's disabled, and give that a shot.

htw

I am sure this answer will be unpopular but I found that unloading MQ2Overseer resolved my lag issue. Seems like it was checking way too often and causing performance issues during raids.

ok. worked. Thank you.
disabled auto-check on loader and overseer.
I think its auto-check. Overseer has always some kind of lag effect but with /endmac this is gone.
But I needed a relogin of all toons.

At the end it was nearly unplayable. 1-2s reaction time and at the end last night even no reaction at all and needed to hammer 3-4 times on the keyboard. Really annoying.

Now it works again fluently.

Good to know, thanks. I'll add a check to disable that automatically for IS users.

htw

Last edited:
I'm getting a lag problem with Overseer also, My alt toon on the same computer wizzes through it, yet my other account takes around 10 mins and is totally lagged out during that time. the screen updates once every 2 mins at best.
I've tried deleting the overseer.ini file but it makes no difference.

Sorry to hear your having issues with overseer. I often raid with it on my main and have run it on up to 36 in raid with out an issue.

I did recently have a report of someone who's EQ folder got corrupted somehow and he had several plugins with custom UI's having problems.

It seems that Auto-Reward is causing the problem. If that is enabled the whole process takes forever.

It seems that Auto-Reward is causing the problem. If that is enabled the whole process takes forever.

Do you have a bunch of non overseer rewards that you keep sitting in the reward window?

Basically there is no built in method for hitting the tabs in the reward window so I had to guess the step size and it is not 100% so it can get stuck trying to click the overseer rewards. Even then it should stop doing that as soon as you start moving around if you have "Auto-Pause" enabled.

It started again just now. it took over 10 mins to display 1 reward.
Ended up end tasking on EQ as that instance had become totally unresponsive. While it was unloaded I loaded up the MQ2Overseer.ini and removed that characters entry, copied an entry from an alt that works fine when he's loaded and renamed it to my problem characters name. No difference.
Loaded character back in, checked the settings were the same as my other chars, clicked start, locked up again with about one update every 5 mins (that's not an exageration).
Is there any other ini entry somewhere else that could be a problem with this as it only does this on 2 of my 8 characters on that account.

It just seems to be on the collection stage. I had auto eval and start switched off. So just turned them back on now that the lagging stage has completed and the eval/start is flying through. Took about 30seconds to select all 5 quests.

Is there any other ini entry somewhere else that could be a problem with this as it only does this on 2 of my 8 characters on that account.

That is an interesting observation. The EQ overseer data should be the same because its based on your account not the character. The MQ overseer data is saved by account.

You might try renaming or deleting your EQ UI files for the characters that don't work right.

As far as configuration files there is:

1 - MQ2Overseer.ini - This has a list of agents and what they do and each characters on/off settings.
2 - MQ2Overseer_Quests.ini - This is a list of quests you have done, and which agents you selected, and what success percent it gives.

I was trying to reverse engineer the formula they used to calculate success so I could skip the evaluation stage and just run the numbers myself.

I could get close but not 100% correct.

I ended up deleting the contents of the MQ2Overseer.ini and re-generated them when next online. Seems to have done the trick.
Thanks for building this mod, saves so much time for me.

Glad you got it work.

If you haven't done so previously, you might consider donating a little something.

I spent a couple hundred hours getting the plugin polished to the point where it was easy enough for end users and to date I think maybe 5 people have stepped up and made a contribution.

I would be just as happy if you choose to tip the other developers who put in a hell of a lot of time on keeping the lights on.

Guess I was a little passive aggressive there. My bad.

I got to thinking about it and I'm just as much to blame.

I used to semi-irregularly throw $20-$50 to various MQ2 developers like IEatAcid. Since we've been doing the builder and I've been dropping eqMule an annual "fee", I haven't been doing any donations either.