Lag Help Please

Synwulfe

Reaction score
Afternoon all...

I'm running the Underfoot client with the MMOBugs MQ2 Underfoot compile, playing on EQEmu. My machine is fairly top notch and capable of 12+ boxes at once. I've run other MQ2 compiles without issue and I routinely play a six box team. I constantly run into the issue of other non-MMOBugs MQ2 compiles not having all the plugins I really need for my boxed toon so i'd like to get the Underfoot compile of MMOBugs MQ2 running as it has everything I need.

This is my current plugin list...

[Plugins]
mq2mmobugs=mq2mmobugs
mq2advloot=mq2advloot
mq2autologin=mq2autologin
mq2chatfilter=mq2chatfilter
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2eqbc=mq2eqbc
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2exchange=mq2exchange
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2map=mq2map
mq2mmowarp=mq2mmowarp
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2rez=mq2rez
mq2stealth=mq2stealth
mq2twist=mq2twist
mq2wickedspeed=mq2wickedspeed

I also use isboxer for window management and always have without issue, even with various MQ2 compiles. I've looked through dozens of pages regarding lag issues and applied most, if not all, the suggested fixes... Journel is off, logs are off, voice chat is off, graphics set to a minimum on the secondary session windows, firewall and antivirus are off, I've done clean installs, tweaked various ini settings, played around with MQ2fps... Nothing seems to help eliminate a lag issue I'm having.

As I fire up isboxer to begin logging my toons into the game server, all is good. FPS is at 50+. By the time I get to the fourth toon being logged in, the first session begins to decline down to the 1.5-3.5 FPS range. This begins to happen on all session windows, they seem fine, 50+ FPS, but then decline after a minute or so down to 1-3 FPS on each session window.

Through elimination, I know that MQ2MMOBugs is the cause but it's not like I can just disable this particular plugin as it's required in MMOBugs compiles. Am I missing something? Is their a trick to eliminating this lag issue? Or some way to run the compile without MQ2MMOBugs being required?

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

I "think" I got it figured out... It seems that I had some lingering bits of a McAfee Internet Security suite that I previously believed I had removed. As mentioned in another posting that I had come across, the lag being generated by mq2mmobugs was in fact a lack of needed communication as a result of some firewall interference.

It was removed and things, for now, seem to be running smoothly.

Sweet, nice to see you took the steps to find out what the issue is. It does indeed require communication, and if blocked, will cause issues that reflect in processing speed (and hence, lag) in game.

htw