Kinda disapointed

Iponfires

Reaction score
Coming from redguides. This website is very scrambled. Hard to find how to set things up unless you already know how to write a code. Bought a years subscriptions and prob should have trialed this before I did. Not sure if this is just not an active community anymore but only seems like there are a few people that might actually want to help, whereas redguides you would have numerous responses in a day. MQ2bot is nice and easy to set up if you want to just kill in groups. I feel like for running missions and other things you have to have a degree in code. I have searched this website and beside having to scroll through a 100 different post still very hard to find any detailed information on how to run my chars like I had them when using kissassist. Just wondering if I am missing some detailed part in the private forums or what not. Would love any feedback or help.
Thanks Iponfires

There are links on the front page to every plugins wiki entry with each plugins commands. Anyone can edit them to add information if there is something missing.

You can search the forum as stated, as most of the time someone else had the same problem.

MQ2Bot and Bot40.mac were written by PeteSampras many years ago, and he has since left the game. We continue to maintain it. There is a wiki for it, and a FAQ for it in the MQ2Bot forum for it.

If you want to automate running missions, you are more than likely going to have to write a macro for it. With MQ2Nav/MQ2Bot/MQ2Melee/MQ2MoveUtil, it automates most stuff. For the macro you will more than likely need to write what to pull (Though MQ2Bot can do this), character moving and a few other things.

It takes time to learn. I hope that helps.

Reactions: EQDAB
And while we might not have as active posting as rg, I have seen pretty quick responses to most questions asked on the forums or on discord. And those fewer responses have less generalized information/off topicish.

mq2bot/bot40 is far less customizable, but has the basic startup that is faster as most classes just run ok when ya turn them on. kiss is easier to setup to work well especially at lower lvls. For bot, the biggest starter advice i can start with is when you start bot, watch the spam it gives in the mq window. in order to make spells/abilities only fire at certain times or not use or whatever, you match Spell1=heal with SpellIf1=cond.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: EQDAB