just a little help with macro

turboeq

Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to add a this to a macro /keypress any number want to use and have it do it every 55 mins to rebuff myself. nothing to hard but is consusing to me. thanx for any help

So fair warning, this isn't exactly what you asked for... but it's a little more adaptable than mashing a key every 55 mins.

First, specify the name of the buff in your declarations section. Just replace SpellNameHere with the full name of the spell you want to cast.
Code:
/declare SelfBuff string outer SpellNameHere
|example: /declare SelfBuff string outer Empyrean Guardian Rk. II

In your :Main or :Loop, add a call for your buff subroutine
Code:
/call CheckBuffs

Then make a sub called CheckBuffs
Code:
Sub CheckBuffs
 /if (!${Me.Buff[${SelfBuff}].ID} && ${Me.SpellReady[${SelfBuff}]}) /call cast "${SelfBuff}"

So the reason I wrote it out that way is because it's a lot more flexible than /keypress. You can add buffs to your CheckBuffs sub, add in a minimum mana requirement before casting, an in combat/ooc statement, etc. Would be happy to list these for you if interested. Hope this helps :)

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention you'll want to have this at the beginning of your macro if it's not there already:
Code:
#include spell_routines.inc

Last edited:
what ensshak gave ya will work beter than /keypress.

But just in case u still want keyprss.

HTML:
Submain
:loop
/keypress 5
/delay 33000
/goto  :loop
/return

I might be wrong on the delay i went with the basic 10 delay =1 secodn theory

I might be wrong on the delay i went with the basic 10 delay =1 secodn theory

You can also just do
Code:
/delay 3300s

since MQ doesn't have to follow the same 1=10 silliness that EQ uses :) Only issue with this is your macro will be stuck for 55mins in the delay phase soit wouldn't be able to do anything else in the meantime. *shrug*

/timed would work but use a timer

Code:
/declare bufftimer timer outer 0

/if (!${bufftimer}) {
/varset bufftimer 33000
/keypress #
}

thanx

Thanx for the help i got it to work the way i needed it to thanx JJ.