Jeebus, HOW do you get to Pillars of Alra from Resplendent Temple??!!

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Trying to do this without begging a port but, man, I can't figure it out. The inside route goes past several hostile SI and I've died 5x trying to run thru. (My class doesn't have any form of invulnerability.) I also tried going up the tower in the non-hostile area. I can get to the top where the wind gusts hit you. I can see the garden from there which leads to the Pillars zone and the advice I got is "lev over" but I can't see how to get a downward angle so I can lev from the tower to the garden. I keep trying and end up getting blown off by the gusts of wind.

I bound up there so I can try and try again. LOL

Any advice? Yeah, I know I can get ported. Trying to be self-reliant here but after 4 hours I seek at least a little outside guidance.

Thanks in advance!

The probers see invis. Once you get to the 2nd floor, you'll have to con your way to the garden, there is a split of 2 ramps on the 2nd floor that leads to the 3rd floor, usually both ramps don't have si mobs up. So if 1 ramp does, goto the other, also most classes have some form of fade, suggest you get the aa that gives you fade.

Other option is to get a TL to alara..

I never found a good way to get up to pillars by running. If you have a class that can fade/flop its not to bad once you know the route.

If you plan to go there often best to get a 2nd account with a low level druid or wizzy.

I tried running once. Gave up after 10 minutes and logged on a druid bot. Definitely a pain in the ass.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I can fade but there's usually not enough room to avoid reacquiring agro.

Nobody mentions the lev trick from one of the towers. Nobody's done that? It's mentioned on an EQ wiki site altho not with enough detail for me to be sure how it works.

Yeah, I can beg/buy a punt but I was hoping to do it through my own efforts. I figure I should do a straight run at least once. This is like "old school" EQ, like running a Fear break or running to Mischief, or getting to the Kael Arena, LOL.

I can project divine aura with my cleric but without knowing the exact route in advance not sure 18secs is going to be long enough. U can get stunned under DA too, I believe, so it has its problems. There are some videos exploring the zone around, maybe I'll study one of those first.

ive ran up w plain invis a few times usually to bind a druid wiz or mage right below pillars (if didnt have the pillars gate spell...... shitty quest)

once u get up to the part where u have to choose which ramps to go up left or right, take the set on right

another thing that helps to bypass the possible (random) see invis on that side is having some good run speed if possible that seems to get by some see invis mobs SOMETIMES

Reactions: MissTerious
There are a lot of ways...
There are zero good ways outside a port.

We would usually have a Monk flop/mez their way up with a coth mage corpse.
I recall there being mez immune mobs there, but it has been awhile I am not 100% sure.
I do know it was easier to get there with the Monk than the Rogue.
Those guys aren't just si they are see sos.
Something reaggroing after escape was down happened far too often.

There was also using pets or mercs as delays.
Did that one very unpleasant trip up with a Shaman.
The point is to use the merc/pet to delay the si then deaggro and suspend the merc/pet or let it die.
This of course works best with a class with a pet as waiting on a merc timer is painful.

Having the mage at the top was always the easiest way though outside of a port.

Past that we had fire mules in Windsong that stayed there for the duration and ran down to Pillars from there as needed.

We have been able to bard speed past some of the see sos but it was always iffy.

As for the jumping off thing.
I think that really only works well come FROM pillars.
There is points higher than the garden you get off at but uhm you have to go higher inside.... That is pretty self defeating as far as I am concerned.
It gives you another path that might not have a si up I guess though.

Just my 2c. I am sure somebody might have better advice. These are just my experiences with it.

I've run up most classes many times (I like camping groups in Pillars and Windsong, nice and private). Sometimes there is a prober that is unavoidable in each path that I know about to get up there, but then worst case scenario is Prober aggroes, I take a round or two of combat, and next corner I round I hit some sort of instant invis (most classes have it, or potion if not) and keep running a massive train all the way to Pillars. I've never seen a second prober in the path, so everything just aggroes with the first and is far enough behind me that I don't get hit again.

I figured it out.

You go up the tower in the safe area, right to the top. You need to be invisd at this point because those floating balls are kos. Exit onto the outside walkway. You can look across and see the garden. That's where you're headed. With lev you can float over but you need to start at a higher point. There are sloping side walls on the top of a tower that you can walk over to using the ledges and the flat areas where the "wind gust" effect occurs. You have to be careful with these since they'll "blow you off". This is why it's good to bind at the top of the tower so you can try again if you fall off.

Wait for the wind gust effect to fade. (They have debuff icons lasting 5-10 seconds). Then run as fast as possible over to this tower with the sloping sides. Run up the sides as high as possible. You can't get to the top but you can definitely make it some distance up the side and this gives you a "height advantage." Turn toward the garden, head up and float on over.

Trivial once you figure it out. Only took me 5 or so hours of trying! Not complaining, though, these of the kind of "a la cart quests" that I enjoy.

Pillars is non-bindable so you might want to bind a capable class in Temple just before you zone in. Using a mage or a wiz/druid, you can then rapidly get a group across the Temple into Pillars without having to do all this running and floating.

Thanks, all for the responses.

Last edited:
Worst case scenario, use a alt that can fd and kill your main in RT, then drag to the top, rez with merc.

If you don't have an alt that can fd, use a rogue shroud and drag.

rogue shrould is pretty useless people seem to think they have sos and they dont see invis mobs still see you unless they got thier back to you

I know that this is a very old thread but I found it to be useful.

It took a bit of doing but I got my group through the The Resplendent Temple .

What I am having trouble with is The First Pilgrimage Quest in the Pillars of Alra zone.

Which is why I went through that temple in the first place.

Anyway this is the step that doesn't seem to be working for me.

*** Obtain the pattern to create Melretia's tabard 0/1 (Pillars of Alra) ***

Task Window Says: Now that you have obtained the vines, return to the Pillar of the Arcane and find the tabard pattern. It should be in the lower library on one of the bookshelves. Go up 5 or 6 floors. ...(click the light colored hexs to go up)...

Clicking the hex does take me up one floor but when I then click it again it takes me right back down a floor.

I would appreciated any help that I could get here am trying to get the Port Spells.

Thanks ...

• Sad
Reactions: MissTerious
Horrible quest! I finally did it for 4 wizards at once so I'd never have to do it again. You have to climb up difficult "ladders" in opposing towers, back and forth, back and forth. Back in the day, I did keep wizards bound outside of Windsong. Re: the hexes, try the opposite side of the room.

Thanks for your help ...)

I still can't go up past the 2nd floor maybe I am bugged or something ?

Oh well ...

Since you can't bind in Pillars of Alra I'll just keep a Mag with his Bind in Temple Resplendent just before you zone in.

Thanks again ...

Thanks for your help ...)

I still can't go up past the 2nd floor maybe I am bugged or something ?

Oh well ...

Since you can't bind in Pillars of Alra I'll just keep a Mag with his Bind in Temple Resplendent just before you zone in.

Thanks again ...

The real elevator might be in a room that looks similar. That's what that zone is like.