I've been using Playerauctions for years, never had a problem with them.

Maybe 3 years ago I bought 2 accounts through PA that worked great and had no issue. I had another account that the guy tried to reclaim after 6 months or so. PA was not of use to me, so I played private investigator and got the guy to stop being an asshole after I explained the statutes for fraud and wire fraud in the 2 areas we were living due to the dollar amount of the account. Which made it a felony with 5k fines and 10 years in jail for each offense of him scamming me, scamming PA, and providing false info to SOE.

On the seller side, if you are only using it to sell 1 account and then walk away, then your friend probably has no issues. Because all they really do (if it hasnt changed) is put a lien on your PA account that eats any future profits until it is paid off. If he doesnt plan on conducting any future business, then it isnt an issue. But I dont know i that has changed in the last couple years.

Last edited:
so selling a toon on PA is a bad idea? my friend wants to sell a toon not a member here and was thinking about PA, not a good idea?

I would never use it. Its a risk anywhere but at least here there is accountability especially if you're a lifetime member.

I've sold rift and D3 stuff on epicnpc before but only to people verified with feedback and only using western union if they won't use western union is a big red flag to me.

I've sold dozens of characters and accounts and services on this site never once had someone try and scam me or charge back.

Last edited:
PA not sure what they are doing

I've got about 15 feedback from buying various characters since 2009 or so, 100 percent positive, and on an old account from the early days of EQ I had about 25 feedback, with zero problems. (That account got closed because I refused to pay fees on a sale that was bought by a scammer who did a chargeback, and they wouldn't remove it, so I guess I did have a problem once before.)

So, this week I bought a WoW account with two level 90 characters for $120. Played it about an hour one day, tried to log in the next, and it was password changed.

So I e-mailed the original e-mail on the account which I thankfully saved, and the original owner said it had been stolen a few days prior. Come to find out, this guy is also on PA, with about 45 feedback.

I then find, googling the e-mail address of the guy I bought this account from, he bought it from another site just a day before for $60, so I don't believe he knew he was selling a stolen account either.

So, naturally, I go to my account page on PA and click the button that says something about report account takeback. Within about 20 minutes the status changed to:

"Completed. Unknown Reason without compensation."

So, I e-mail them, about three times, and this has been about a week, not a single response. I even told them in e-mail I was going to do a PayPal chargeback, still no response.

So, this morning, I just filed a PayPal dispute claiming tangible goods not delivered, and no tracking number received. Can't wait to get the e-mail saying I'm banned from PA.

Yes. 2 years ago bought PL service for eq1 by PA. paid the fee. after 2 weeks was the powerleveling done. it seemed all ok. 1 week later my acc was banned bei daybreak.
I complained about this by PA in a civil tongue.
shortly after that i got banned bei PA.
i couldnt decide if i shall angry or sad, i was shocked.
i wont deal with them again.
It was 1 of the very 1st accounts created on EQ1 life, that was the most sad part of the story.

Last edited:
paypal is the same way tbh. they used to give us more protections then our banks. Now they are a joke too. I had an issue were some asshat was trying to buy a pair of 500 dollar shoes on paypal . someone changed the shipping address to glasgow and kept trying to do it . lucky for me the shoe company did not ship to the states. But all this online shit is getting crazier then the wild west. pa sucks dick nowadays . this site is the safest i have found to sell buy ect ..