Is there a dream team?

Sk is the highest of my toons, they take about 31k aa to max, bard and zerks are are around 22k and 25k aa to max.

So it looks like 4 sk's 1 cleric 1bard might be a group to try out.

Sk alliance is easy to trigger although 1 min recast, between 2 SK's you are doing 4 million + dmg every minute with just alliance going.

EoK spells | EverQuest Forums

Auto attack dps with a good 2hander on sk does about 85kdps. Then you have harm touch and Visage of Death to boost your dps too.

So it looks like 4 sk's 1 cleric 1bard might be a group to try out.

Sk alliance is easy to trigger although 1 min recast, between 2 SK's you are doing 4 million + dmg every minute with just alliance going.

EoK spells | EverQuest Forums

Auto attack dps with a good 2hander on sk does about 85kdps. Then you have harm touch and Visage of Death to boost your dps too.

Zerker one is like 2.1m dam plus you get dicho :)

SK one is 1.9m

Time to lvl my other zerker then I will run,

Pally
Zerk
Zerk
SHM
Brd

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pally
Zerk
Zerk
SHM
Brd

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Zerker nerf in the patch means this may change. Not sure, will see afterwards I guess :(

Pally
Zerk
Zerk
SHM
Brd

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Zerker nerf in the patch means this may change. Not sure, will see afterwards I guess :(

you still got dicho it wont change much for group content. Even raid content you will still be burning disc for 400-500s

Ran a DE sk,clr,enc,wiz,mag,mag group way back when on the 51/50 server and it was pretty unstoppable. Just recently created another on my regular server to try out again.

Still doing over 100k sustained on a group zerker after the nerf with bard/bst in group. More with a shm/mnk.

What about swapping the shaman DPS combo for a beast lord cleric combo in the 6 box? Bst will give what shaman brings, but not as good, but should be better dps. Cleric heals are best

What about swapping the shaman DPS combo for a beast lord cleric combo in the 6 box? Bst will give what shaman brings, but not as good, but should be better dps. Cleric heals are best

You want a bst for RF/DF and shaman for epic. I just use cleric out of group to heal.

You want a bst for RF/DF and shaman for epic. I just use cleric out of group to heal.

Let's assume you don't want to have 7 characters, would you prefer having a shaman / any dps in your 6 man, or a beastlord / cleric in your 6 man?

Assume the following
Tank - SK
Support - Bard
DPS - pick 2 (I chose zerker and wizard so no gear ever rots, I've never played a wiz so wanted to try it out, but mag is probably better)

From there, 2 spots left - shaman and, say, another zerker / mag. OR, beastlord and cleric.

You will have more dps with the shm / dps combo, but will you be able to handle as much content?

Depends on the tank gear. If its group gear go with cleric over shaman. My group is tank ber ber bst bard cleric

Depends on the tank gear. If its group gear go with cleric over shaman. My group is tank ber ber bst bard cleric

Group gear for sure, I don't plan on raiding at all except for raiding lvl 70 content when I'm 90 and stuff like that, thanks!

For group absolute best team I can make (as of right now) and I tried almost all combo's now, is SK tank Group gear 31k aa's doesnt need heals even on named), Druid for spot heals for group and dot dps (they do 125k dps even when killing eok trash in a few seconds), bard buffs, slows, mez, and bard speed for moving group around, and three zerks for dps. This group can run for days without ever stopping and maintain 800k to 1 million dps for hours and hours on end.

For group absolute best team I can make (as of right now) and I tried almost all combo's now, is SK tank Group gear 31k aa's doesnt need heals even on named), Druid for spot heals for group and dot dps (they do 125k dps even when killing eok trash in a few seconds), bard buffs, slows, mez, and bard speed for moving group around, and three zerks for dps. This group can run for days without ever stopping and maintain 800k to 1 million dps for hours and hours on end.

I like to have one of every type of armor to not waste gear, at least for right now. I get a lot more excited about the gearing up process of twinks than of the actual leveling. So, gearing 3 zerkers does not sound fun to me, but gearing 1 zerker, one beastlord, and one wizard does :)

Then, having the cleric to heal will be helpful when I "raid" stuff like Anguish.

I sort of am planning on doing my own progression. I am killing all lower level raid stuff to start (all raid encounters up Planes). That will gear the toons up to around lvl 55. Of course I'll stop and kill Naggy and Vox a few times and do their 1.0's :)

Then, i'll kill in Vex Thal, Veeshans Peek, Planes, etc to gear them from 55-60 or 65. Then, i'm not sure what My 85 war can solo past that, so we will see!

I agree you sound like you will have some fun, just talking about the best possible group combination right now. They did mess with the zerks some but so far my parsing has been odd, one round they will be down like 100k dps, then three or four in a row up over 350k dps and back down again. still very good overall.

Likely coming from the fact that the large portion of the zerks dps is coming from Dicho, so when its down they'll tank, when its up and the fights short they will spike upwards.

The DPS is great with all the Zerkers, but there isn't a place that has enough mobs around to fully utilize it. Or none that I've seen. With my 4 man team (sk,shm,bst,bard) and 2 mercs (clr,dps) I often find myself waiting on respawns. Even in areas with 10 mods in close proximity. Eok areas that is. Unless I'm not in the right areas. Any suggestions?

I never have that issue in EoK lol. I play in every zone and there are ample of mobs to pull. But I don't utilize zerkers so my kill rate is much lower too, so not sure.

I'm at about 130-150 kills per hour in tier 1, about 90 kills per hour in tier 2, korsha being the exception slight lower due to the ae mobs .

Think William12 stated he does like 220 kills per hour with his crew, and he uses zerkers.

So you should be above my kill rates.

Im running the following and only 60 but lots of fun and in the long run seems decent.

Warrior
Cleric
Druid
Enchanter
Mage
Wizard

Last edited: