iPhone Problem

Braxsis

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Has anybody put their iPhone 4 into airplane mode and then it turned itself off, and now won't turn on? No matter what I try it won't turn back on. I have tried to reboot (Home button and sleep/wake button for 10-15 seconds) I have tried the obvious holding the Sleep/Wake button to turn it on. I have also tried plugin it in to the computer, wall charger, and even an iHome stereo charger. Nothing will turn this thing on.

Did you plug it into the computer then open iTunes? There is an option within iTunes to reset the phone. This happened with my iPod Nano yesterday, actually. I had to reset the iPod, but now it works.

your phone is more then likely stuck in DFU mode its pretty common if your phone is jailbroken just goto google search for redsn0w or sn0wbreeze they have programs you can run to kick your phone out of DFU mode believe its called pwnage tools or something like that just do a search look threw the jailbroken forums you will find it

Press the top bottom and the circle one together from 5 to ip to 40 sec. That should do it.

Thank you all for the advice. I had tried all those things to no avail. Of course when I called iPhone support, 5 seconds into the phone call it finally powered on in recovery mode all by itself, so I used Tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery. Problem solved!