Innerspace EQBC plugin

Xeniaz

MQ2 Guru
Reaction score
I've been contemplating making an EQBC plugin for InnerSpace so you can communicate with your EverQuest friends via boxchat while playing other games. If there's interest in this, I will take some time to work on such a plugin. It would also be a method to allow InnerSpace to communicate with Everquest without having isxeq loaded.

If MMOBugs compile can comunicate through it and replace the current eqbc server I would be extremely interested in it.

I am not talking about changes to the server, although I admit it does need a bit of work to become more stable / responsive.

Right now we have a server as the hub for communication, but only one client, the MQ2EQBC plugin. This allows you to communicate with the server from in game everquest chat windows. What I am proposing is to create a new client to communicate with the same server but instead using the innerspace client as the base. This solves two problems. First one being communicating with friends while playing another game. Secondly, it allows the innerspace platform to send slash commands to the everquest game by use of boxchat.

Yes the MMOBUGS compile would be able to communicate through it, but I don't think I'm up for the task when it comes to writing the server backend for EQBC. If I can think of a way to improve on it, I will give it my best shot, but for the moment I'm going to work on what I've outlined thus far as time permits. I am still learning new programming methods and the progress is a little slow, mostly because I have no one to ask questions when I get stuck. What I have learned in regards to programming has all been self taught, and for anyone else trying to learn it themselves, the biggest thing I can say is find a project to work on, and try to complete it. Learning by practice is certainly the best method to teach programming.

Why not just use EQBC Interface by acid for communication via eqbcs outside of eq? Pretty sure its stand alone

Why not just use EQBC Interface by acid for communication via eqbcs outside of eq? Pretty sure its stand alone

Requires you to be outside any game to use it. An Innerspace plugin would allow you to have a chat window for your EQ friends inside any other game.