I'm researching on that Arune dude

docsavage

Reaction score
hey folks, i used to work with "Arune", aka Keith Meisner and am looking for some backround info. Apparently there was a thread in which he was called out for being douche-y. A link would be helpful. At any rate, if folks would provide the back-story about his lame-tacular activities here, I'll provide details about his lame-tacular actual life.

He basically offered to gear people when no delay was out - after that current no delay was killed, he continued to say he had access to another one - and would finish their characters. Weeks dragged on, he refused to refund people, providing a variety of dumb excuses. Blah blah, people lost a lot of money - Arune was a tool.

arune

cool, I understand if folks don't wanna rehash this stuff. I read on another thread about where he got called out and was trying to find out about that. he basically got fired from his job (where I worked with him) and was trying to scam his own wife and friends by telling them that he was promoted instead.

I apologize if I caused any offense. Please PM me if you want any details on the guy or if you have access to the threads in which his activities here were detailed or uncovered.

Thanks.

cool, I understand if folks don't wanna rehash this stuff. I read on another thread about where he got called out and was trying to find out about that. he basically got fired from his job (where I worked with him) and was trying to scam his own wife and friends by telling them that he was promoted instead.

I apologize if I caused any offense. Please PM me if you want any details on the guy or if you have access to the threads in which his activities here were detailed or uncovered.

Thanks.

If you WORKED with him, you should have more info then we do as you actually lived in the same area and talked to him face to face.

I worked with him prior to the events that occurred here. It appears that after he left the employ of the company I was with, he perpetrated some serious scams against you folks. I can only attest to the dishonesty he exhibited while he was with my former company.

I was hoping to understand the full scope of what he did to the members of this forum.

I'm more than happy to go into detail if folks here are interested.

We have a bunch of threads on this in the admin forums. I dug a bit through them but wasn't anything too interesting, just moderators back and forward asking if Arune should be trusted. He had helped a ton of people and always followed through, then this happened and we were a bit shocked.

I know he scammed around 5 or 6 people. Also remember Necroman I believe talking about being scammed over some uber laptop if I remember correctly.

I'm not actually sure what happened to the original threads about him though.

here is the post that caught my eye:

Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to CapriiRecords
I made a post a month ago about what Arune was doing. Arune tried to defend himself in that post, and got caught in several different lies, further evidencing his dishonesty. While I'm appreciative of what personal information Vlad posted - it was all information anyone who Paypal'd Arune in the first place already had. I know Vlad lost money as well, so he was doing what he could to help. However, Arune's dishonesty was pointed out a month ago - and he was given leadway to continue posting WTS threads, and continue advertising his services until a week and a half ago - Admins here need to take responsibility for that.

the whole "Arune's dishonesty was pointed out" bit drew me in. someone had posted Keith's personal info which I caught in my random search and that drew me into this post.

he was dishonest in our work environment. we worked in a managed services IT company and he got a guy fired by forging signatures on a counseling form about performance. Keith was performing in a substandard way at that point anyways, so the signature forging was used as a reason to let him go.

i was "friends with him in WOW" and i toyed with him for some months about the circumstances of his removal via wow chat. meanwhile i knew the guy he fired via illegal means and while I was still with the original company.

end result: he lied to his wife about the circumstances of his employment change (he told her he had been promoted while in fact he had been fired for cause) and he told me the investigation was ongoing while i knew that I was applying for his job.

basically, he is a pathological liar. i assume he still is. what shocks me is that his wife appears to be unaware of this, despite evidence from you guys that he robs folks online for various services.....

that is what I know at this point....

Here's people you should be contacting.

Fry said:
Arune,

It just baffles me that we have around six people complaining about things you've promised to do for them weren't done and you keep blaming the customer for doing something wrong and no progress seems to be happening due to you refusing to refund anyones money.

I'm not sure how blunt I can be here. Fix all this, fix all this today. Don't put this off, don't try and make new deals with these people, fix it. Anyone that has requested a refund, do it. This is past a joke.

So we have the following list of people.
eqman22
Mancha
CapriiRecords
NewbieGuy
vgmaster300
lukkii

Where do you stand on all of them. I hope to hear you have at least half of them sorted. It's been a week now.

Fry

Arune said:
All this started because of the lame ND nerf with everyone screaming "the sky is falling".

Lukki - still providing services and he is fine as of his PM's this morning. There are no new deals, this was already in place prior to this last PM from you.

Newbieguy - was refunded days ago.

Caprii - Cannot refund, and have tried to. It is in Paypal's hands. There is ZERO options for me to refund him. That whole transaction is completely locked.

eqman22 - Still providing services as of PM yesterday.

Vgmaster300 - I already explained that one.

Of course you don't hear of all the ones I did that were successful either. All of these came right before the nerf. I had perfect feedback rating before the board changes that cleared everyone's feedback. PERFECT. All I asked for here was a little more time because a) ND nerf which is back in action. b) Holiday season. c) Because ND has alerted the GM's to start looking a little more.

All of those bannings we hear about from other people, not a single one were from me or my services. All my accounts I have touched, are still 100% safe as far as safety can go with ND.

I am living up to my end here the best that I can.

NewbieGuy said:
Fry said:
Hi Newbieguy,

Did Arune refund your payment?

Fry.
nope he was even contacted by pay pal and nothing. he is comitng fraud as i see it cause he advetised a service then failed to do it he had from the 11th till about a week ago to hit a guy from 42 to 80 he stated he used gk on some of his stuff and what could have been done in a few hrs was neaver done by him. all i get with him is 100 reasons why he didnt do it. i told him i understodd family issues and all but then when a few days pass and still noting it gets to be a issue for something that could have been done in no time.

[09:13] *** arune [~Arune@63.226.248.101] has joined #MMOBugs
[09:15] <Dragonthorne> morning arune
[09:15] <arune> morning
[09:15] <arune> been away for family stuff, coming online to take cae of things lol
[09:16] <Dragonthorne> heh, I hear ya
[09:20] <Dragonthorne> how are things coming with the PL services?
[09:21] <arune> better actually. people are happier now.
[09:21] <Dragonthorne> oh really? good deal
[09:21] <arune> when nd was nerfed, everyone fucking paniced. one person complained then told others and it snowballed. there are still a cpuple issues remaining I am working on
[09:21] <Dragonthorne> have you completed any orders?
[09:22] <Dragonthorne> any of the 5 people that we know about?
[09:22] <arune> i have completed a cpuple and I will be copleting 3 of those this weekend. staying in contact with them and they are happy from what i can tell.
[09:22] <Dragonthorne> good deal
[09:23] <arune> vg and mancha are the outstanding ones remaining.
[09:23] <Dragonthorne> so caprii is done, along with newbie, and eq ?
[09:24] <arune> caprii agreed to continue since i couldnt refund and paypal had it locked. i called and said to refund him, but paypal said they cant while investigated. but caprii could cancel it, so they did.
[09:24] <arune> so i am starting his now and will crank most of it out this weekend.
[09:24] <arune> eq is almost done hes one of the ones this weekend.
[09:25] <arune> newbieguy is resolved
[09:25] <Dragonthorne> good deal
[09:25] <arune> i only need to take locks, and get 3 more pieces for eq.
[09:25] <arune> so he will be easy
[09:26] <arune> i wanted to finish last night but GM ohlin stayed in katta till 1am, and then server crashed
[09:27] <Dragonthorne> doh
[09:27] <Dragonthorne> gms are cracking down it seems
[09:27] <Dragonthorne> I'm about to start playing again
[09:27] <arune> yea, i play late at night to avoid them
[09:28] <arune> ok off to work
[09:28] <Dragonthorne> have fu n

Dragonthorne said:
Recipients: CapriiRecords, eqman22, Fry, NewbieGuy

6 Hours Ago
Dragonthorne
Super Moderator Join Date: Feb 2007
MMOBay Rating: 0% (0)

Arune's PLing Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a brief talk with Arune today in IRC and he mentioned speaking with all of you. He said that he has worked out services with all of you and you have continued to go forward. Please respond and confirm or deny this information. Thanks!

CapriiRecords said:
Yea, I never heard anything more about a refund, so as of yesterday I gave him until the second week in January to complete our agreed upon character setup. That will be over a month of alloted time to complete this, as ND was only down for 6 days, I think believe it should be more than enough time. I believe the second week of January will also be at the deadline you told me you gave him - of two weeks to complete his work for his customers.

eqman22 said:
I want to reiterate that I will not accept partial gearing/exping on my character. He guaranteed me over three times that he would get EXACTLY what I posted in a magelo I sent to him. Without that guarantee, or even with the possibility of a partial gearing, there is no way I would have paid for his services. I don't have a way to finish gearing as I do not use active hacks. Therefore a partial service rendered has NO value to me whatsoever.

I do not want to be caught in a situation where a partial refund is offered. This service was not about a partial completion. I was hesitant from the beginning and if I had any inkling it would not be completed as guaranteed, I would not have done it. The fact that it has been over a month now when he guaranteed completion within 3 days is already a huge breech of our agreement. Not completing the contract will break the back of any further compromise.

Add Vladus2000, Arune scammed him out of a website deal they had together.

Also Deadwalker.

Deadwaker said:
Hey fry, Im not sure where to start. I have hired ARUNE to do a service witch was to lvl a monk to 75 with 1500 aa's , 2.0 and anguish/demi gear. He said no problem it would be 425.00 and done in 5 days. So I paid him in full / paypal and made a monk with a name i chose and gave him the password and off he went. It is now almost 30 days later and i have a naked monk that is lvl 72 with 27 aa's and no gear. I have been in many many pm's with him asking him what is going on and he has continued to tell me a bunch of bullshit. Finally i asked him for a refund, witch he refused to give me and said he would get it done, so i gave him the benifit of the doubt and let him work away. That was 9 days ago and the toon is still naked and nothing done. ( although the monk has been logged in alot / wierd to me) I have sent him a final PM and told him that i want him to figure out what a hacked 72 / 27 aa toon is worth and refund me the rest back. I told him i was going to contact you but i would not go to the boards and slander his name (and that would be the second time that happened) if he would man up and do the right thing here. I know that i am upset and i am trying to remain calm. You know me i buy alot of things and i give no problems. I just want my money back from this guy so i can give it to someone who can get me a monk to play with done. Please let me know of any thoughts or directions in this deal that you think i should go. Sorry to bother you with this but i really dont know where else to go with it. Thank you once again for your time and i hope all is well. DW

This all happened Late 2007, early 2008. It was a huge disaster and one of the biggest learning lesson I've ever had. Just reading back through this mess gives me chills. I had forgotten a lot of it.

Class act. How hard is it to say, "I'm broke. I spent the money. I'll have to owe you," and then take it like a man?