I'm insane

rob

Super Trooper
Reaction score
Hi,

So I went a head and donated $50 to eqmule for eqmac and started playing.

Starting this game with absolutely nothing is brutal. I saw a few people offering some gear for free. My warrior got a otter bp from CS, so that should help.

The lack of funds drove me to getting a druid so i can forage for food/water.

I currently have:

Warrior 7 (tank)
Druid 6 (transport, heals, buffs)

Will add:

Monk (Pulls, DPS)
Cleric (Heals)
Rogue (DPS)
Shaman/Enchnter (Slow and heals or slow and mez?)

I'll probably keep things basic for now since MQ2 is in its infancy still. I'll try and find a nice safe spot to get single pulls in a group of 5 for now before deciding on my slower.

I believe i have 3 friends convinced to play too. If we all 6 box, we should be able to do some nice progression with 24 toons.

Oh, I also started a second job. Yeah, I'm crazy.

Yeah lol, I want to start some chars on EQMac, but the difficulty of starting with absolutely nothing again is the only thing stopping me from doing it. I don't know if you can even buy plat on that server to try and buy twink gear lol. Plus with the character that I would make as my "main" it makes it even more difficult to start out. Iksar monk would be my main, and I usually like to have a barby shammy as a box, but they start way far apart haha. I could go with an iksar shammy I suppose, but then I can't get and use a JBB or any other Jaundiced Bone gear.

ourplat supports eqmac. I'm doing my best to resist buying 100k, heh.

I'll bite. What's eqmac? Is this something allows you to play on the Mac server using a Windows PC?

edit: DUH, use search, ST.

The answer to my own question is available to those who SEEK! ;)

Last edited:
that's exactly what it is. EQMac is stuck in POP and will never progress beyond that. EQMule has a compile here for MQ2 now, but it is pretty basic. Hopefully as the Live stuff settles down we can get some more of the fancier stuff like MQ2Melee done.

I'm thinking that when my team is built and function, i'll find places off the beaten path and kill stuff in a macro while i sleep/am at work. Lake of Ill Omen in the castle for example. I may only get 5 or 10 kills an hour, but that's still decent xp when you're afk 20 hours a day.

It's hard to level, but the game is so much fun. Wish I had more time to play...

Having MQ2 for EQMac has been my dream for the last 3 to 4 years, as really it's the most perfect era and ran by SoE. It pretty much was the height of my EQ addition though....which is the reason I'm still resisting playing as I know I'll start to get nothing done.

I think next year I'll send my family to visit the in-laws and just play 24/7.

Yes OurPlat does 10 minute delivery's to EQMac. Buying even 10k will give you a huge leg up, as plat goes a long way on this server.

Fry, I'll keep a spot open for you when you're ready, especially if you bring plat with you!

If the server is stuck at PoP do you have to do much to keep the compile working?

If the server is stuck at PoP do you have to do much to keep the compile working?

There was one patch this year. So not really, unless they start trying to mess with us.

Problem is the client/server code is so old, before MQ2 was even written, that it is a lot of work to re-create MQ2.

Few things you guys might find useful,

Turning all character/Pet/Horse models OFF will allow you to cast a mount and run around like normal and still gain the benefits of a horse.

Paci lasts 5mins

If your after money trade skill items sell for big cash on this server, so spiderlings/spiders and rockhoppers are a great way to make some money.

@Rob - if you managed to get a 24 toon army I would recommend not putting them in the same guild or you will just get trained none stop by a few certain people in the 2 big guilds.

also happy to give new people to the server 5k to start with should they be to lazy to farm spiders :p just drop me a PM.

Ah, that's good to know. I'm trying to sell some mats right now. Hopefully I make a few hundred plat.

I'm going to start a git repo this week and start working on class macros for eqmac I think.

I play here as well and am always willing to lend a helping hand shoot me a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Currently I'm trying to get a bit of funding selling tradeskill items. Then I'll play that Thriftshop song while looking for bargains for my toons.

I hope I found a nitch and can make a few thousand plat. Sadly I can't play until Wednesday but my two toons are still level 7 and 6. I'll need to start the rest of my crew out soon I think so I don't out level them. I hope this weekend to put a bunch of hours into it.

Blitz! You should play and/or get on irc more often. You should create an army of Mullets!

robbbb!!!!!!111!11

Ever since Mibbit or w/e I used went down, I haven't been on. That was my convenient method lol. Looks like the java applet that I would use this site is gone too.

I think it didn't get moved/merged when the servers moved. Might could get that fixed up...