I been warping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xayd

Reaction score
So i been warping around occasionally on a character i would not like to see get banned. So far so good after about a week of doing it. Anyone else doing this? Only do it when im the only one in zone. and old zones.. havent been doing it in any of the new.. Im a noob be gentle.

So i been warping around occasionally on a character i would not like to see get banned... Im a noob be gentle.

Corrected so it says what you actually mean... and if you've seriously not read the other posts and expect not to get banned, then let me say this lightly...

You sir... are an IDIOT

If other people are warping. Hopefully they did a small evaluation before hand like you should have.

You are warping on an account you would rather not lose. meaning you have time invested into it and money.

Is the 15 seconds those warp save worth the months +100$ of $ you invested into the account?

You are doing it on a single account so its not for mobility reasons of a 6 box group, just straight laziness. So I second what was posted above me.

Was on the phone when was tying that, Was meaning to ask if anyone has been doing it lately aswell and not seeing any bans? or are they still automatically banning people. Chill out jesus fuck..

What i ment by warping on an account/character i would not like to use, Kind of ment im not on some regular free account that someone is testing with. Im using a real account i paid 15 bucks for .. canceled my subscrition and testing the waters

$100 not invested you nerdrage fuck.

Last edited:

Lol JJ you should add that to your signature :)

To the original poster:
The way the bans were happening last time they happened it was not always immediate. They were doing large ban waves every couple of months.

They could've backed off now, or there could be another ban wave right around the corner. There isn't really anyway to know for sure.

I also recall htw made some changes in how the warp packet was sent a couple months ago that may be helping.

But it is all speculation until there is another big ban wave. Basically use warp knowing you are going to lose the account. If you are ok with that, warp away. And if you don't get banned for it, awesome!

This goes back to my discussion thread the other day.. How is /warp being sent to the server vs. how is the use of having /goto command used by a GM any different other than accounts are flagged differently.

I just want to know how they are different if at all ...

This goes back to my discussion thread the other day.. How is /warp being sent to the server vs. how is the use of having /goto command used by a GM any different other than accounts are flagged differently.

I just want to know how they are different if at all ...

I imagine the /goto command lets the server do the work where as the /warp command essential sends a fake movement packet that says you are at the place you are warping to if I understand it correctly.

I've never bothered to dig into the details of it because I don't care to put up with the stuff that htw and them have to put up with to maintain a plugin like it. But as I understand it, your client handles all movement more or less and simply sends a packet to the server letting it know where it is at. This makes it so the server has less load on it, and you don't get the rubber banding effect that you do in some games when the server handles things like this. (Some games and back in the old days of EQ, you'd be running along and suddenly warp back to a spot you were 30 seconds ago because the server was lagging or you were lagging and the server decided you weren't where your client thought you were and moved you back)

I imagine GMs /goto commands works like that. It queries the server requesting to be moved to a specific location and the server updates the character location then sends it to the client and the client updates accordingly.

Again could be completely wrong, someone else can chime in if it is, just speculation on my part :)

32052131.jpg

Was on the phone when was tying that, Was meaning to ask if anyone has been doing it lately aswell and not seeing any bans? or are they still automatically banning people. Chill out jesus fuck..

What i ment by warping on an account/character i would not like to use, Kind of ment im not on some regular free account that someone is testing with. Im using a real account i paid 15 bucks for .. canceled my subscrition and testing the waters

You seem to be nerd raging. Not me my good sir.

I am sorry but if all I had put into an account was 15$ I would not care if it was banned. But I would not lead with an OP that claims you care for the account.

Maybe your nerd rage made you try to deflect how much time/money you have into the account and you did not want to look completely stupid. I do not know or care really.

Dev, that is sig worthy for sure.

Here's my feelings on warp.

1. They can track all warps (Except maybe really tiny ones).

2. They are not doing anything about it at the moment, but more than likely will if a lot of trouble is started with people warping again.

3. They will only suspend your account if caught for 10 days, I think for 3 offenses then ban the account.

I've been warping on my accounts for last four months, no issues. Would I use it on accounts I care about? No.

Warp is not being detected in real time unless you're very, very unlucky.

Warp does leave a detection trail that an be easily searched ex-post-facto.

You will not be banned now. If SOE ever feels like banning you later on, they will have no trouble banning you for an old offense.

The end.

I am sorry but if all I had put into an account was 15$ I would not care if it was banned. But I would not lead with an OP that claims you care for the account.

Maybe your nerd rage made you try to deflect how much time/money you have into the account and you did not want to look completely stupid. I do not know or care really.

You mad bro?

You mad bro?

True response post nerd rage.

Mad, about a lot of things in life. From your pathetic post? Not really.

Good lord every post devolves into bickering nowadays.

Good lord every post devolves into bickering nowadays.

I wasn't trying to bicker just troll this guy. He decided to stop and feed the scenery, I take no blame for his mistakes.

You mad bro?

True response post nerd rage.

Mad, about a lot of things in life. From your pathetic post? Not really.

Nerdrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.