How long would you consider before claiming scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on where you live and how busy they are, but in many places if you know where they live and the name of the person call the police and they will go speak with them because it is theft or scamming really.

Police would tell you to go piss off in a nice way. Since it is outside the scope of what they are used for. It is a federal crime as it most likely crosses state lines between parties.

There's a website to report cyber fraud and whatnot but I doubt youll see any results given that the things you purchased weren't supposed to be purchased in the first place. Worth a shot since you have all his info though. Worse case scenario is the cyber crimes division responds back to you with an 'lolnoob go away' or something.

I still like the idea of talking to his mom though. She might not be too happy that her son is scamming people online and the people he has scammed have their address, phone number and name. The embarrassment factor is through the roof. :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

The reason I haven't said much is because Fry got involved (thanks, sir) and there are some grandiose promises to make amends. I am waiting to see if it comes through.

The reason I haven't said much is because Fry got involved (thanks, sir) and there are some grandiose promises to make amends. I am waiting to see if it comes through.

Call me crazy, but this guy is clearly giving you a bad vibe. Considering all he has to do is wait a month or two for you to level up characters, call sony and reclaim the accounts, leaving you 100% SOL. Do you trust this guy enough not to do that? No one here can stop him from doing that.

I guess what I'm saying is more, do you even want this deal to go through? Personally, I'd be trying to get my money back.

Is his account at least locked so he can't scam others while playing the waiting game with you?

for 1 did u buy these raf linked accounts from him if so why would he lvl the toons up on seperate accounts to start with when u could lvl them up 3x faster on the raf accounts and most likely if u are buying the raf accounts from him and hes doing it that way chances are they arent actually raf accounts in the first place so not only might u be getting screwed on the toons but also on what u paid extra for the accounts in my eyes from what ur telling us everything seems a little too fishy and id start the process of trying to get my money back asap or atleast doing whatever i could atleast

It depends on where you live and how busy they are, but in many places if you know where they live and the name of the person call the police and they will go speak with them because it is theft or scamming really.

Police would tell you to go piss off in a nice way. Since it is outside the scope of what they are used for. It is a federal crime as it most likely crosses state lines between parties.

Yes, but in a small town they get stuff done. Where I grew up they would be at your house saying make this right, or there will be some trouble boy! lol

The only reason I am giving him a shot at redemption here is because several people have PM'd me stating that he took over a month longer than promised to fulfill orders, but in the end did do it. However, that is unacceptable in my eyes, which is why he's (supposedly) trying to make amends by adding quite a bit to the deal. Granted, I am not naïve at all and am taking this with a grain of salt. I won't be able to get my money back if he scammed me. I accept that. The question is whether he gets run off the site, which according to the powers that be, he is being very apologetic and does not want that to happen.

From what you told me and what I've read, you need to recall the cash and back out of the deal. This has bad vibes written all over it.

We could establish an intermediary service for situations like this.

Have you seen the episode of "Big Bang Theory," where Sheldon's WOW account gets hacked? He calls the police and they wont' do anything. Then Penny goes and hits the basement dwelling stereotypical gamer in his nono spot, forcing him to return Sheldon's game account and his Bat'leth, which he stole when Sheldon confronted him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHoTe4Ixn24"]The Big Bang Theory - Penny Kicks A Hacker In The Balls - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The only reason I am giving him a shot at redemption here is because several people have PM'd me stating that he took over a month longer than promised to fulfill orders, but in the end did do it. However, that is unacceptable in my eyes, which is why he's (supposedly) trying to make amends by adding quite a bit to the deal. Granted, I am not naïve at all and am taking this with a grain of salt. I won't be able to get my money back if he scammed me. I accept that. The question is whether he gets run off the site, which according to the powers that be, he is being very apologetic and does not want that to happen.

This particular person has been scamming people for years. During UF expansion I did the full progression arc for some 20 characters of his, and when the job was finished he failed to pay. Additionally, he has gotten a good 50+ people banned due to his actions while working on their accounts. The story here is not a good one, and he will only make good on his promises when it suits him.

ok then all i have to ask is why has this person not been dealt with i mean cmon this is terrable for the community just get yer $$ back and boot his ass 50 plus incidents is alot more than just cause

To clarify Xeniaz's comments; its wasn't put together who this guy was until recently. He will be dealt with.

So what's this guys name?

This.

If it's coming out that he has done this repeatedly and has gotten multiple accounts banned because of his actions then the community deserves to know his name. Not releasing it and allowing others to get scammed makes you at fault, also.

yea would suck to keep a known scammer both member here and his identity secret for others to end up dealing w his ass

Last edited:
Real quickly before people get the wrong idea out of this on the administrative end:

The user was banned from selling anything in the marketplace some time ago. He subverted that in replying to a WTB thread and ran with it thus circumventing the rules. If and when eqman22 decides he wants to release the name, I'll happily let him do it. Until then, this issue remains between him and Fry.

I request that people please don't speculate and don't make assumptions when they don't have all the facts. If it were up to me he would have been removed from the community some time ago, but that's not always the way business runs. We will let this be handled by the people involved and go from there. If Fry or eqman22 decides they want to publish a name, they can.

well on that note we only get the facts if u release them so .... ya

I don't have them all either. It's between eqman22 and Fry. Only they know. I only know bits and pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.