How long would you consider before claiming scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eqman22

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
To make a long story short, I purchased two RAF linked accounts from a member here. As part of the deal, he was going to buy RoF on both accounts, and make a specific level 100 on the recruiter account. Time claimed to be needed for finished product: 2 weeks. It is now several weeks past due and neither account has RoF enabled, and the level 100 character is no where to be seen. After multiple delays and mishaps, he finally got me the supposed security information on the accounts, but I have not tested it out because I do not want to mess with the accounts if he does not complete the deal in whole because if he scams in one part of the deal it is likely he'll try to gank back the accounts later so I do not want to invest any time in them or do anything he can later claim affected the transaction.

Also, he claimed to be the original owner of the accounts, but it turns out that the name on the accounts is not his name.

So, my question is how long should I give him before I should just consider the transaction null and void? I am pretty sure I won't get my money back, and quite frankly I would rather just get what I paid for, but at this point it seems decently obvious that he is not being honest.

I do not want to give out his mmobug username until I know it's a deal gone bad but I don't know when enough is enough. What do you guys think?

Well, if he can't deliver, I'd get your money back ASAP. If he/she is providing a reasonable explanation (your discretion), then of course, you're free to wait.

Personally, I would get your money back and tell him that you'll pay him on delivery. However, beyond that, if you're feeling uncomfortable about the deal, get your money back and pass. No biggy!

not to mention honestly 2 raf linked accounts niether having a maxxed toon sounds like a scam in itself seeing as how with the xp boost the accounts gets it would take like a week max to lvl a toon on both accounts to 100

I handled a bit of this yesterday. Hopefully it should solve itself in the next few days **fingers crossed**

*Before I type any further, it should be noted that the original post was placed a few days ago but just released by Fry because we wanted to give the seller a couple days to make things right before making the post visible to the forums.*

Well, last night he gave me the login information to an account that he insisted was my character that was going to be placed on the RAF account (keep in mind he supposedly sent in the request to transfer 2 weeks ago, then 1 week ago, then 3 days ago). Surprise, surprise, it was the wrong race. I reiterated to him multiple times what race it was to be. He also "had to rush due to work" and said he would call me back in an hour. This is now three days in a row he has said he would call me back in an hour without doing so (for reference he has only gotten back up with me when Fry sent him a PM or when I have called his mom's home phone multiple times asking if he was home yet).

Also, obviously the character has still not been transferred although he is claiming he put in the request...again...like he claimed 2 weeks ago...

So maybe it's legit and he's just completely incompetent. I am hoping so, because otherwise I will probably be out quite a bit of money lol.

I still will not give out his name yet until there is a grand finale. I will give him 1 more day for everything to be 100% completed. After that I will give him a day to issue a refund and if it's not done we will go from there.

I would say enough is enough at this point. Logging on that character was supposed to "ease my mind" but really only makes me shake my head more since it wasn't even right.

(opens a beer and puts popcorn in the microwave)

Get your money back. I've done a dozen transfers in the last 3 months you know how long the longest one took ? 4 hours im dead serious I've submitted them at noon and had them done before 4pm. SOE does not take a week to transfer characters anymore unless you cannot verify the account the character is on. The one hes going to does not matter all they ask for now days is the username.

If he gave you the SQ you can verify it by clicking change password and entering the SQ you do not have to change the password.

Last edited:
Yeah William, I am not even touching the passwords and stuff. I don't want him to have a cop out if things go sour.

And if it sounds like I am being rude with the transaction completion still pending, at this point I don't really care. I haven't given out his username or anything yet, so it's not all bad for him still. I am just sick of incompetency, if that is what this is.

Yeah William, I am not even touching the passwords and stuff. I don't want him to have a cop out if things go sour.

And if it sounds like I am being rude with the transaction completion still pending, at this point I don't really care. I haven't given out his username or anything yet, so it's not all bad for him still. I am just sick of incompetency, if that is what this is.

Scammers delay delay delay hoping to delay long enough so you cant get paypal to refund the money.

if he gave you access to the account the 100 is on check support to see if he submitted any transfer request yet. That will give you your answer.

That was a great idea William! Since I got the information not long ago I didn't even think of that yet. I just checked the service history. No petition has been sent.

Look like I am definitely getting scammed. Good to know people have values nowadays.

I guess I will let you take it from here Fry. He just got caught lying hardcore lol.

Good to know people have values nowadays.

this is the worst for me. i've gotten fucked by a couple different mmo members and it's just a giant shit sandwich. why would you offer something if you can't or don't want to deliver? why waste your time and deal with the drama? and for a couple hundred bucks?

it's not the money that bothers me. if i couldn't afford to buy pixels, i wouldn't. i'm bothered by the idea that someone is sitting in their mom's basement snickering at how they fucked me.

real life trolling i suppose.

Even if this member refunds the money, I'd still like to see his user name posted. This sounds like a person we would all benefit by staying away from.

Even if this member refunds the money, I'd still like to see his user name posted. This sounds like a person we would all benefit by staying away from.

i agree i do alot of selling on here and have never screwed anyone or scammed anyone i wouldnt want it done to me so why would i do it to someone else

Since it is ongoing I am refraining from posting his username because I do not wish to cause unneeded drama. If you send me a message I will say it in private though.

Since it is ongoing I am refraining from posting his username because I do not wish to cause unneeded drama. If you send me a message I will say it in private though.

In a murder mystery, the drama continues till you find out who the killer is. Then the drama is over. So by not mentioning his/her name, the drama is ongoing.

How did it go tho?

These are the people that we need to make examples of, i hope this is being taken care of properly. We are members of a community, a family!

Ill never understand why people pay to join a site and then scam members.

Personally, I'd call up his house and discuss the situation with his mom. That would make for some epic laughs. Record it too. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

It depends on where you live and how busy they are, but in many places if you know where they live and the name of the person call the police and they will go speak with them because it is theft or scamming really.

Status
Not open for further replies.