Having trouble with basics

Bobbie

Reaction score
Hi,

first af all thanks for the providing MQ2 I appreciate everyone's effort.

I have spent many months trying to understand the bacics on how files work so that I get get more out of the program but also to try to stop my cleric killing my group because she spams her clicky BP or Divine Avater a LOT

I have read posts on this type of issue, but as I can't find out why she tries to casts these, it shows I am lacking some basic understanding.

I am aware each character has an ini file in the main MQ2 directory, there is also under Macros, a file in the macro directoy called Bot_char__server_cleric, as only a couple of my charaters have such a file, I am guessing I would have created this at some point.

Also in the Macro directory, there is bot40.mac, which I tried out to see if that stops my problem

I would like to understand, do I need all the the files mentioned, what file takes priority of which file, and anything else that may help me. Also, when i type/bot on does this just start the basic bot program or does it start the bot40 version?

I have searched, googled and uTubed, but either I can't find an explaination or I am a bit slow(I am not doubting this btw)

If answers to the ablove have been spelled out elsewhere, a link would be great.

thanks for your help

Sounds like your using bot40.mac for macroing your cleric?

Make sure MQ2Bot is unloaded, with /plugin mq2bot unload.

Bot40.mac should create the ini for your cleric in your /macros folder I believe.

Post the contents (You can remove any character names) and hopefully we can find where it's trying to use the clicky.

Now to complicate things more, if you are not having any luck with bot40, you could try using MQ2Bot instead of bot40 macro.

See the MQ2Bot Wiki on how to use it.

Thanks for your help.
I actually went with getting rid of bot.40 and the char files in the macro directory, and just using MQ2bot. still had the continuous clicking of the BP.

Ini file attached

Also, I guess that using the generic Bot program I lose fine tuning, but at least conflicts should stop.

Appreciate if you can let me know why the BP just constantly clicks, with the odd heal chucked in.

Cheers

Attachments

• bertox_CharName.ini
    3.1 KB · Views: 21
Try changing

UseClickyBuffs=1

to

UseClickyBuffs=0

and that should get rid of clickybuffs.

I'm not quite sure how to disable clicky items individually. Hopefully Htw or PeteSampras can chime in.

Sorry for slow response, i have a new job and its been busy. Anyway, I made the change per your request, I thought it might be overkill to stop the clicking entirely, but it was a good suggestion. Anyway, no luck, my cleric clicks it like crazy, just chucking in a heal now and then. I do admit that it took a while for her to to start clicking the BP, but once she does .....
Any other thought would be appreciated

cheers

Try taking the debuffs, dots and nukes out of your clerics rotation. Mine had the same issue because the clicky bp is a cast on main tank and he always had the mob targeted. Its not 100% full proof but it took alot of it out of the mix.

Sorry for slow response, i have a new job and its been busy. Anyway, I made the change per your request, I thought it might be overkill to stop the clicking entirely, but it was a good suggestion. Anyway, no luck, my cleric clicks it like crazy, just chucking in a heal now and then. I do admit that it took a while for her to to start clicking the BP, but once she does .....

cheers

These kinds of things can be disabled in your ini. You just need to see where it's located (the breastplate), and disable it by setting the *If option to 0 in the ini file.

E.g., on my cleric, who is a gimp heroic char with mostly heroic gear, I type this in game:
/loadbot

And it shows my options/settings, and I look for my breastplate clicky, here is where I see it:

botpic1.png

So I see it is ClickyNuke0

In my server_char.ini under my [MQ2Bot] section, I add this:

ClickyNukeIf0=0

Then in game:
/loadbot

Now I see:

botpic2.png

The 0 evaluates to false. The way the *If* options work, are if the end result of the evaluation is 0, it's false, and will cause that item/spell/etc. not to be used when mq2bot checks to see if it should. If it is set (or evaluates) to anything other than 0, it's true, and would then 'enable' it.

So setting it to 0 in effect means it'll never fire.

You can put any TLO conditions, etc. in there, but for simplicity if you aren't into that, don't put any *If* option in there if you want it enabled, and put the =0 in there for it if you want it disabled.

Hope that is clear enough.

htw

Last edited:
Thanks to Fry, Pooreboy72 and HTW.
HTW's detailed comments made it easy for me to understand and stop the cleric constantly clicking her BP. Yea!
I knew most of what was said already, where I made a mistake is not noticing the BP clicky came under nukes and not buffs, in the stream of comments that come up when you start MQ2BOT. Pretty annoyed with myself about that, because I looked at it many times.
Would be nice to know why she kept clicky her BP, I guess from what I have read, that something was blocking it so she just kept trying.
And I guess a bot40 macro for each character allows for better fine tuning, so I will explore that at some point.
But again thanks a lot for responding.
Cheers all

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I can answer your question as to why the cleric keeps spamming their BP. Unlike all the other classes out there, the new cleric BPs require you to target somebody in order to click them. Since they usually don't ever have a PC targeted, they just spam it over and over and over. There are two solutions to this. The first was covered up there, you can simply disable the click. My solution to this was to assign the main tank to xtar 1 so the cleric's default is to have the tank targeted virtually all the time.

hey

cheers

These kinds of things can be disabled in your ini. You just need to see where it's located (the breastplate), and disable it by setting the *If option to 0 in the ini file.

E.g., on my cleric, who is a gimp heroic char with mostly heroic gear, I type this in game:
/loadbot

And it shows my options/settings, and I look for my breastplate clicky, here is where I see it:

botpic1.png

So I see it is ClickyNuke0

In my server_char.ini under my [MQ2Bot] section, I add this:

ClickyNukeIf0=0

Then in game:
/loadbot

Now I see:

botpic2.png

The 0 evaluates to false. The way the *If* options work, are if the end result of the evaluation is 0, it's false, and will cause that item/spell/etc. not to be used when mq2bot checks to see if it should. If it is set (or evaluates) to anything other than 0, it's true, and would then 'enable' it.

So setting it to 0 in effect means it'll never fire.

You can put any TLO conditions, etc. in there, but for simplicity if you aren't into that, don't put any *If* option in there if you want it enabled, and put the =0 in there for it if you want it disabled.

Hope that is clear enough.

htw

so we need to go into the files itself and mod it from there no in the mmobugs macroquest window

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I can answer your question as to why the cleric keeps spamming their BP. Unlike all the other classes out there, the new cleric BPs require you to target somebody in order to click them. Since they usually don't ever have a PC targeted, they just spam it over and over and over. There are two solutions to this. The first was covered up there, you can simply disable the click. My solution to this was to assign the main tank to xtar 1 so the cleric's default is to have the tank targeted virtually all the time.

I had to do this to my shaman too.