Gotta wonder ...

EQDAB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Never seen so many senior accounts being sold. You all know something I missed? I've been around since month 1. Have all the Vet rewards. Try to stay aware, but I'm getting a creeping feeling a very important part of my life is ending somehow. Gold account till November. Please let me know what the assumed panic is about, thank you.

Some peops are nervous about this Russian connection with the possibility that sanctions against Russian companies could affect the game. Do some Googling, read the game news sites, reddit, etc. It's way above my pay grade to figure this out. I think the game would survive even such sanctions since they could always sell it to another company, which might be a good thing. (Assuming the sanctions permitted transfer of assets, which they might not.)

There are always the emu servers too, which probably won't be affected by anything happening to the live game. I don't think...

What a world where a 20-year old moderately successful MMORPG's future could be affected by world geopolitical stresses unleashed by the reawakening of the Cold War!

Can't they just leave us alone to enjoy our mindless distractions!? :eek:

You can also view this as a golden opportunity, like when the stock market drops big time and smart investors view this as a buying opportunity. I mean I'm seeing legit krono vendors dropping their price to $8 and even less "in quantity" which I've seen being as few as 5.

But, I don't think kronos can be refunded EVEN IF the game went under. It would be like holding a gift certificate to a defunct restaurant. So you'se takes you'se chances and roll the dice...

Last edited:
Reactions: EQDAB
BONSAI!

Im playing this motherfucker till the end! Im going down with the ship!

• Love
shrugs just a bunch of people worrying for no reason.

• Wow
I hope when they do bring the servers down for the last time they give us some notice so that I can camp out in a safe place

I hope when they do bring the servers down for the last time they give us some notice so that I can camp out in a safe place

Ha! Yeah, you wouldn't want to wind up in an endless loop of death! :eek:

Wheww ... Yes I worry over investments

You get that way when you've been reduced to almost no income. On the subject at hand, I'm so damn sick of hearing about the Russians. Even 'if' that should be a real possibly, maybe it would force the sale to a real game company where EQ would get the respect it deserves. I just typed 'played' in game today, its over 20 years. I hate to think how much it's cost $ over that time. Not to mention I'm on the next wife model. And my dogs have died.

It may be panic by most of us. But, I would be extremely cautious with how many expansions you buy for your accounts for the next expansion. These days its better to be more cautious with how this garbage company manages things.

Hell, IF they actually last until the usual expansion time AND offer an expansion I'd say they've lived past the danger!

Hell, IF they actually last until the usual expansion time AND offer an expansion I'd say they've lived past the danger!

Nah I'm done with the days of funding them like I used too, i.e. buying 25-35 expansions a year.

Sticking with just 6 accounts again like I did for RoS and if its a good one this year I may commit to buying more for my accounts later on.

The last good expansion in my mind was VoA. The only thing copy/paste was spell/aa upgrades. At least they didn't copy/paste zones.

Although, that was the first expansion they started copy/pasting group missions scripts to be same as raid mission scripts.

These 3-4 zone expansions with 2-3 copy/paste zones is just not a full expansion in my mind.

Nah I'm done with the days of funding them like I used too, i.e. buying 25-35 expansions a year.

Sticking with just 6 accounts again like I did for RoS and if its a good one this year I may commit to buying more for my accounts later on.

The last good expansion in my mind was VoA. The only thing copy/paste was spell/aa upgrades. At least they didn't copy/paste zones.

Although, that was the first expansion they started copy/pasting group missions scripts to be same as raid mission scripts.

These 3-4 zone expansions with 2-3 copy/paste zones is just not a full expansion in my mind.

You realize the amount of content would be half what it is without being able to reuse old zone geometry right ?

EOK was pretty dam good in my mind.

The Darkened Sea was a very good expansion. The locked zones bothered me at first but once I got my toons levelled up and acquired new spells and was able to handle the progression I had a blast. It was also eminently "box-able" and I thoroughly enjoyed doing that progression.

I doubt we'll ever see an expansion that large again.

There is a post on redit about 1 more xpansion coming out and thats the last one.

• Wow

There is a post on redit about 1 more xpansion coming out and thats the last one.

Yeah, but WHO posted and HOW do they KNOW? I could post on reddit today that Trump will resign this year and you gonna believe it?

• Haha

Think I've heard at least one person say this for the past 10+ expansions.

When I started this game like 14 years ago, people were saying EQ is dying. The first round of server mergers (of a few) that I endured, EQ was dying.

Why should today be any different? EQ is dying.

• Haha

Think I've heard at least one person say this for the past 10+ expansions.

When I started this game like 14 years ago, people were saying EQ is dying. The first round of server mergers (of a few) that I endured, EQ was dying.

Why should today be any different? EQ is dying.

An employee of them leaked a bunch of stuff about the games they produce. Had info about 3 or 4 of them and EQ was one of them. There are more articles out there and the reddit area should have a link on this
Rumor: Daybreak may be building PlanetSide 3 and EverQuest 3, sunsetting Just Survive – Massively Overpowered

What happen to journalism ? How can anyone take these sites serious if they report stuff like this ? They don't even bother to try to get a real confirmed source of the info just an anon post by someone.

What happen to journalism ? How can anyone take these sites serious if they report stuff like this ? They don't even bother to try to get a real confirmed source of the info just an anon post by someone.

Maybe they are CNN in disguise? =)

Never seen so many senior accounts being sold. You all know something I missed? I've been around since month 1. Have all the Vet rewards. Try to stay aware, but I'm getting a creeping feeling a very important part of my life is ending somehow. Gold account till November. Please let me know what the assumed panic is about, thank you.

ROS is a steaming pile of shit and people have been quitting in large numbers.