Game Hanging / Sticking - project Lazarus

Fynody

Reaction score
I am using the latest ROF2a on the Project Lazarus, emulated server.
Randomly, the client will lock and then continue ( 2 or 3 seconds).

I have tried playing without MQ, and do not experience any issues.
I have tried with default MQ/E3 that is given for Project Lazarus, without an issue.

I would prefer to use the ROF2a version due to added development and the MQ2bot, which I have always been in awe of.

Are there any plugins that are known to cause hangs? or should not be using on an emulated server.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Fynody.

No, I am not aware of anything in my testing, but of course, I don't use all of the plugins, it isn't really feasable.

One thing that can cause lag is logging (from mq2main debugspew, or bot logging, mq2log plugin, etc.), depending on file size, drive/system performance/load, etc.

While you're noticing the lag, if you can right-click the mmoloader main tray icon, then under Debug, Send Debug Report, I'll try to duplicate your setup and see if I can notice anything. You can also attach other files in that report, a useful one might be your server_char.ini file(s).

htw

I've found that MQ2DpsAdv causes this after some time in game, and also has a memory leak. This plugin is the same code that is in use on live/test, so I'll have to back port it to the ROF2 version and see if that behaves better. For now, I'll disable it on patcher. Unload the plugin for now, thanks.

htw

One of the issues I'd found with DPSAdv is the list getting too big and every time the list gets updated it has to repopulate that list. Once the size of the list gets so large, it takes enough time that a pulse isn't long enough to populate it without hanging the process for some amount of time.

You don't notice it at first because the list is small. Unloading and loading the plugin will reset the list of fights since it destroys the vector. But a simple fix would be to check the size of it every time it goes to populate the dropdown box and purge oldest entry if it exceeds a certain number.

Hey, I was having the exact same issue as you: Random freezing for 3-10 seconds on all clients, but Windows behaving normally. When it would unfreeze cpu usage would spike as if every client was in the foreground. I did three things that have fixed it for me: Disabled DPSAdv like said in this thread, archive/delete all my logs, and left the starter guild on that server. The last thing I found in my 100th googling session trying to figure out what the problem was and found a post in the other forums detailing this problem (I think it was for live or a tlp or something) and they were in a very large guild.

for the very large guild, should only need to hide offline players. Leaving is a bit like setting the house on fire to avoid taking out the trash.