Frickin' Alienware!

Sadge

Sexy Shoeless God of War
Reaction score
I just have to vent somewhere.

[rant]
Last week, my laptop that I use as my main computer wouldn't display any video when booting up (would boot up fine, just black screen). I reseated the video card with no luck. Called Alienware and they ordered a new part for me. Finally got my new video card about an hour ago and installed it and ... nothing. Still black screen (no video on external as well).

Called Alienware again and now they say that I'm going to have to send my whole laptop in. Estimated time to repair = 2 weeks.

I'm completely pissed off -- I only have a really old laptop that has a full HD to use while I'm waiting. The farking laptop (it's a Compaq Armada is that tells you anything) doesn't even play most DVDs properly. 98% of my computer time is away from home and not having a laptop is beyond frustrating.

Oh well, thanks for listening .... [/rant]

Try calling them up and explaining that you run, or are starting up, a small business and travel extensively, which requires you to have a laptop.

Ask them if there's any way that they could offer you a refurbished laptop in the interim (as a loaner), until your laptop is able to be repaired. try and hint that the customer service for the small guy is going to greatly impact where you buy the computers for the new employees (since right now you're half dell and half alienware)

I know it's a long shot, but doesn't hurt to ask!!

I just have to vent somewhere.

[rant]
Last week, my laptop that I use as my main computer wouldn't display any video when booting up (would boot up fine, just black screen). I reseated the video card with no luck. Called Alienware and they ordered a new part for me. Finally got my new video card about an hour ago and installed it and ... nothing. Still black screen (no video on external as well).

Called Alienware again and now they say that I'm going to have to send my whole laptop in. Estimated time to repair = 2 weeks.

I'm completely pissed off -- I only have a really old laptop that has a full HD to use while I'm waiting. The farking laptop (it's a Compaq Armada is that tells you anything) doesn't even play most DVDs properly. 98% of my computer time is away from home and not having a laptop is beyond frustrating.

Oh well, thanks for listening .... [/rant]

oddly enough i had this same probem with a m7700 that i had. i bought it 2nd had and as found out the warrenty is nontransferable. so after pulling the entire laptop apart ( its kinda hard to call it a laptop ) i had discovered that the video chip had actually heated up so bad to the point that it was seperating itself from the motherboard. after some quick touches from a soldering iron. it worked fine however i decided to sell it shortly after that for roughly half of what i paid for. and to date never bought another alienware again

Yeah some of the things I've been reading makes me think that it's heat-related.

I sent the laptop off today and bought myself a cheap laptop that'll at least allow me to run a couple of accounts and do some programming until my main gets back.

Of course, now I'm spending my whole evening installing programs and getting the darn thing to work. :D

Thanks for listening to my rants, guys.

I had the same problem with my area 51 about 2 months after I got it. If I remeber right it turned out to be a bad cable tho they sent me the right part the first time. I hooked it up to a monitor and got video so had to be the LCD, backlight or cable. I guess they sent me the cable becasue it was a low $$$$ item lol. But thats what it was so.. anyways I feel your pain. I have over heating issues with mine atm w/blue screens /sigh. :mad: