Format for the EQBC Interface commands

militarebear

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Greetings, I started up the EQBC Interface by Xeniaz and saw the 'User Command' buttons. Is there a location as to explain the correct format for setting these up somewhere? I tried to get my main character to send "/bcaa //alt activate 481" under the label 'Lessons' but all the characters respond by sending "Command not recognized". Any pointers?

/bcaa //casting "Lesson of the Devoted"

is what I use, but what you have listed there I think should work as well (assuming 481 is correct) if set up properly.

try /plugin mq2cast and then try the command again.

You can't send a //bcaa through the interface.
Here's how to use the interface.
With your toons connected to EQBC and the interface connected.

Type your message in one of the three text entry boxes.
One for /bca, one for /bc and the top one for /bct.
To use /bca or /bc, type your message in the box for that command ( Box Chat All (/bca) or Box Chat Say (/bc)) then hit enter.
To use /bct, select the character you want to send the command to first, then type message and hit enter.

See attachment

Greetings, I think you are looking at an old interface. The new one allows up to 10 preset user commands that are ready at the push of a button. (Or so I think. )) My problem is I don't know the config to enter the text so that after I click on one of my guys and press the correct preset, a correctly formatted message is transmitted. The new user command area is below the selected character stats screen (which I can't figure out how to use/turn on anyway). ))
Thanx

Greetings, I think you are looking at an old interface. The new one allows up to 10 preset user commands that are ready at the push of a button. (Or so I think. )) My problem is I don't know the config to enter the text so that after I click on one of my guys and press the correct preset, a correctly formatted message is transmitted. The new user command area is below the selected character stats screen (which I can't figure out how to use/turn on anyway). ))
Thanx
I forget if xeniaz actually enabled those or not. I let him know in dev chat to check out this thread, but i dont know if he has been around or not because i close IRC during the day. He will have whatever answer you need.

This may be necroing an old thread, but, if you right click on each button you can assign a commad to them.

but I can't seem to get the right syntax for it to work as I think it is intended.

I've been playing around with it lately. It doesn't echo the commands in in the interface. Try using the name of the AA enclosed in quotes. Or, as I do, make a hotkey on each character and just /bca //keypress whatever. ?bcaa won't work, because the interface can't execute the command. That is why you use the /bca command.

Last edited:
I will write a small post up tomorrow describing how to use the commands. I don't recall off the top of my head and I'm about to pass out.

The available commands are /bc /bca or /bct, and they all operate just the same as they would in EQ, with one exception. Instead of using "/bct Soandso" You would use "/bct" and use the mouse to select someone on the server to send the message to.

Last edited:
Should each message in the interface be on a new line? While mine is running many messages just follow the previous message on the same line. I really like the interface. I use this and MySEQ on my laptop that I take to work and watch and control my crew from there.

Yes, each message should be on its own line. I will double check that everything is formatted correctly asap. I should have a half day off on Wednesday and Thursday, so will look into it further then.

I have had 6 days off since June, I know the feeling. I really appreciate you looking at it. I love all the preset buttons.

Can I get a screenshot of the bug you are having with the messages all on the same line? It should help narrow things down a bit.

I'll try to get it later tonight or in the morning, I'm at work at the moment. And I don't have my team up and running.

Last edited:
This problem has been identified as being caused by an older version of the EQBC Server (Not Mine). Solution is simple, use mine instead fuckers!

Thanks Randyleo for taking the time to work with me to figure this out.

Is yours the one currently in the compile

Yes, it is part of the compile. It is EQBCS-Xeniaz.exe.