Fix for the aura problem?

Artemus

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Some people are discussing it in the board chat box but that's not helping. Any ideas for fixes?

I don't use bot.mac, but downshits for my aura upkeep..

The command is /if (!${Me.Aura[name].ID}) /casting "auraspell rk. II" gem#

You can add more checks like !${Me.Song[Master's Aura]} to make sure it casts.

So if you disable it in bot Mac and use in mq2melee Dow shit it would look like

Downflag0=1
Downshit0=/if (!${Me.Aura[name].ID} &&
!${Me.Song[aurasongboxname]} && !${Me.Sitting}) /casting "auraspell rk. II" gem#

It's pretty simple really.

If you want, I'll post some things when I get home, just tell me for which class.

Aura

I think what we are asking is that is this issue a temporary problem? if so then there wouldn't really be a need to change things around. But if this is a permanent issue then I would agree with the recommendations you suggested. my problem is the .Find where it is giving me a problem, and I am really unsure what to change there.

Can someone explain the issue? I haven't been playing due to RL, but if there's a quick fix I can implement I'm happy to do so.

edit:

Looks like the Aura sub uses mostly

${Me.Aura[1].Find[name]}

Are we saying that the type returned by ${Me.Aura} no longer has a Find method, and that's breaking things?

Last edited:
Can someone explain the issue? I haven't been playing due to RL, but if there's a quick fix I can implement I'm happy to do so.

if the macro has like me.aura.equal, me.aura.notequal, me.arua.find, from the last update auratype outputs error in red.

for example

No Such "auratype" member "NotEqual"
No Such "auratype" member "Equal"
No Such "auratype" member "Find"

at least those are the erros being outputted by me using 2 different macro progrmaks

Okay, from the MQ2 patch notes:

Code:
17 Aug 2017 by eqmule
- Fixed Me.Aego and some other stuff related to it.
Unfortunately for us and everyone else that parses the spells db
Category and Subcategory are now 0 for all spells that cannot be scribed.
Lets hope this was just a mistake and it will be reversed in a future patch.

- Me.Aura now returns a pAuraType cred: xowis
Members: ID, Name, SpawnID
Methods: Remove
- Me.Aura[] now accept partial matches

Looks like I need to just update any Me.Aura[].Find references to Me.Aura[].Name.Find to get back to a string type, or, convert the logic to use the base Me.Aura[] type, since it now accepts partial matches.

I can possibly make the code change tonight, not sure if I can test it though.

Okay, from the MQ2 patch notes:

Code:
17 Aug 2017 by eqmule
- Fixed Me.Aego and some other stuff related to it.
Unfortunately for us and everyone else that parses the spells db
Category and Subcategory are now 0 for all spells that cannot be scribed.
Lets hope this was just a mistake and it will be reversed in a future patch.

- Me.Aura now returns a pAuraType cred: xowis
Members: ID, Name, SpawnID
Methods: Remove
- Me.Aura[] now accept partial matches

Looks like I need to just update any Me.Aura[].Find references to Me.Aura[].Name.Find to get back to a string type, or, convert the logic to use the base Me.Aura[] type, since it now accepts partial matches.

I can possibly make the code change tonight, not sure if I can test it though.

I'm going to assume that based on what you said any syntax that has aura attached to it must get changed? wow that's a lot of work

It's not that much.

I've updated it on the main thread

Bot.mac Updates and Bug Fixes by [40oz]

Please test. I quickly logged in a cleric and it seemed to work.

The bigger problem was I didn't know this problem existed, I haven't been able to play in about two weeks, I was out of town.

edit: Note, this won't fix any comparisons or conditions you do in your INI file. You MUST change to the new Me.Aura format there also, if you have any.

Last edited:
It's not that much.

The bigger problem was I didn't know this problem existed, I haven't been able to play in about two weeks, I was out of town.

edit: Note, this won't fix any comparisons or conditions you do in your INI file. You MUST change to the new Me.Aura format there also, if you have any.

hi 40oz, can you kindly show me how and where and what was replaced so I can do my other program as well? I'm still getting the erro on my other program, thank you. just not sure what to replace .find and notequal as previously posted.

It's not that much.

hi 40oz, can you kindly show me how and where and what was replaced so I can do my other program as well? I'm still getting the erro on my other program, thank you. just not sure what to replace .find and notequal as previously posted.

It's pretty straight forward. You have to change Any Aura.[string operation] to Aura.Name.[string operation]. Find was the culprit here.

It's not that much.

It's pretty straight forward. You have to change Any Aura.[string operation] to Aura.Name.[string operation]. Find was the culprit here.

to clarify, you can no long run a comparison using ${Me.Aura.Equal[SomeString]} It has changed to ${Me.Aura.Name.Equal[SomeString]},
${Me.Aura.ID.Equal[#]}
and apparently even a ${Me.Aura.SpawnID.Equal[#]}

so for any holyshits, downshits, macros etc use CTRL+F to find any reference to ${Aura and if it doesn't have a .Name, .ID, or .SpawnID then you can't have .Equal[text], .EqualCS[text], .NotEqual[text], .NotEqualCS[text], .Compare[text], .CompareCS[text], .Count[c], .Find[text], .Length, .Left[#], .Lower, .Mid[p,n], .Replace[ReplaceThis,WithThis], .Right[#], .Token[#,s], .Upper, .RegEx[regex stuff], .RegExM[reg stuff]

OK
I found a way to fix it.
Just replace Aura with song and check the song buffs

Example :
/if (!${Me.Song[Aura of Divinity Effect II].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Aura of Divinity Rk. II" gem8

or

/if (!${Me.Song[Aura of the Reverent Effect].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Aura of the Reverent Rk. II" gem8

OK
I found a way to fix it.
Just replace Aura with song and check the song buffs

Example :
/if (!${Me.Song[Aura of Divinity Effect II].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Aura of Divinity Rk. II" gem8

or

/if (!${Me.Song[Aura of the Reverent Effect].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Aura of the Reverent Rk. II" gem8

You can click off the Aura in the songs buff box and still have the aura effects. This is the reason for checking Aura instead of song. If you're not in the habit of accidentally clicking off the aura then you should be find I would presume.