Fippy Darkpaw Raid

On a good note we got fippy down to 18% tonight, paladin stuns seemed to do the job and bash etc (divine stun btw) :).... Now to deal with the live gnolls.. DO any of em mez at all? what is the common strat used on them? a dps hit squad or raid lkilling them as they spawn?

We put knights and casters on the adds to burn em quick while rest of raid deals with Fippy. About 10% we let rangers WS him while keeping him moving. If I remember right, the adds can heal him. At 10%, all DPS goes onto him. It gets kinda fast, so I haven't paid full attention to the mezzing.

Can someone tell us what stun Pal use, every one keeps bring up the stun but not saying with what, have had pal try spell nothing working, So is it just bashing him or what? Whats the trick

Its not a spell that they use.
Really there is no FOOL proof way to stop the stun. Having paladins and shadowknight's and warriors bash while using a shield. Or using air pets, are the only things that work. You can also have people that are ogres or ogre form use slam to help stop it but that is the only way. Just look for when he starts to cast it then bash. You have 4 seconds from start cast, to interrupt it.
It by far better to just have clerics stand 205 range away from Fippy and heal, you can heal at over 200 range and not get the feign death, as long as they have a extended range item.

I posted the stun for paladins... (Divine stun) it's an aa stun...

pretty hard to stun something with a spell thats immune to all spells

he is only immune from 80%-60% he is also immune to everything except special abilities IE kick, slam, bash thats about it though. From 20% u need to burn him to 0 within 90 seconds or get pwned by adds.... HAVE FUN =)

Phase three seems to be different, as Fippy doesnt power down like before. elidroth says they didnt touch fippy so I am assuming Fipp is same but something is powering him up. Anyone know if there is something othen bunch up and kill fippy to this round?

During phase 3, pay attention to his emotes while he shadowsteps. He powers up during the AE rampage for a few seconds and then powers back down (he still shadowsteps during this). You can set the audio trigger to help with people not wiping as much from severe AE dmg. Heard swarm pets were the reason for his few seconds power up during this phase. Also, the martyrs are now moving to the raid with the rest of the adds. Can kill them quick with a couple of casters, they dont aggro and die rather quckly.

Think of it like Ture during these few seconds you see this and back away enough to be outta AE rampage.

Powering up:
Fippy Darkpaw the Destroyer's muscles bulge with the rage of a thousand lifetimes of pain

Powering down:
Fippy Darkpaw the Destroyer's blood cools

Thanks that is very helpful! We were having more trouble with adds on phase 4 it seems, that could have been because of martyers...not sure. Usally we try with low healing and we dont have a full raid. Have the martyer been linked to the adds? Does killing them help significantly?

Honestly, the only thing I've noticed from them is a select person out of raid will get a red emote across thier screen about the martyr. I got it last night before getting banished. Some peoeple have reported being charmed during that phase after seeing the red text. Next thing I know, martyr is underneath me just walking around, nuke him, he depopped at 58%. So, not sure what their really there for. We honestly dealt with the shades more than the martyrs since the shades heal him which is why we also keep him moving during that final stage.

Matyrs now chase someone and DT them if they get to them ( like cursecaller event)

So on phase 4, with Fippy Darkpaw the Fabled, every 90 seconds adds come starting with 5 on first set, 6 on second, 7 on third, ect. The adds are a random mix of "a weak minded brute", "a sabertooth spiritist", and "a sabertooth martyr".

"a weak minded brute" = melle
"a sabertooth spiritist" = heals for fippy
"a sabertooth martyr" = DT

Man we beat Fippy pre-patch and I don't remember a lot of this.

on phase 5, from 20%-0 I have heard of guild stun locking the adds with enchanters while rest burn fippy? anyone use this strat?. what r the common methods used atm on phase 5.

Every time guild has beaten this we have killed the last 20% in under 100 seconds so the adds never get to us. Try your best to full burn the last 20% then you wont have to deal with any adds that last 20!

my guild takes him from 40% to 20% within 90 seconds with our smallers burns and then from 20% to dead with our big burns within 90 we normally do around 300k dps on the last 20 soooo just dps like crazy

dam, wish that was us.. We r lucky to do 200k max lol..

Little Help

That stupid /fd keeps fucking us over. I seen where pets/pally stun and bash can work. Is there a phrase for when fippy is about to cast /fd? I think that would help us all time our bashes, so healers dont get /fd and we loose tanks one after the other.

Max heal range unmodded is 200, max heal range with extended range is like 230-250. FD range is 200. You can easily out range the fd with extended range items. Can't DI at this range or change targets easily. But extended target solves that.