Fell Foliage

Borneal

Reaction score
Anybody have any good tips on this one. We struggle at times on DPS so seeing if anybody has found anyway to get this down with lower DPS.

I would also love to hear some good tips on getting this thing dead. I have a melee heavy group that gets destroyed by the defensive melee proc's.

I got my main through by having a raid geared mage / ranger come in and destroy it.

Meant the raid. Just take a lot of DPS for the group mission. Or slug it out killing adds for the brown thumb achievement but still need DPS to keep up with the adds.

For the raid I would suggest checking out EQ Freelances raid forums. They have a nice write up on what they have learned.

sorry to necro this, but my guild still stuck on this. (we are heavy box guild though)

I meant, anyone have anymore details on this raid besided the Freelance Website plz?

The problem it's really hard to catch up with adds. I was thinking of the dps under performance but we did it easily win TOD and Gorowyn, and the numbers we did in other raid seems ok..

And it's really hard to get constantly kite the renegade succulent.

So any trick or suggestion on this please? Thanks!

I happen to be a raid leader for this event so I know it fairly well now.

General suggestion: Down load OBS stdio and record each raid attempt. With out the replay it is very difficult to pin point problem areas.

----------------------------------------

Kill order: Sprouting > Pitiful ( mez players ) > Surreal ( charm players ) > Spiteful ( Lot of HP but no tricks ) > Burgeoning ( Spawns 3x )

HP% adds at: 83, 67, 51, 32, 16.

You will also get timed adds. I don't have the timer on them but its probably every 90s or so.

Emote : Cactiikii shouts, 'My spines will find a target, KingArthur and Kingfisher.' --> Run away from the raid.

----------------------------------------

I set up a campfire for the boss in an area along the south wall that is pretty open.

The renegade gets pulled to a spot 90 deg away from the raid / boss - I set the banner and a campfire approximately 160-170 away from boss / raid. Renegade tank gets agro and moves to this spot and tanks until the AE ring pops up - then they move.

We split the raid DPS as MELEE vs RANGE.

MELEE = Trash ( pitiful / Surreal / Spiteful / Burgeoning )
RANGED = Sprouting > Pitiful / Surreal ( If behind Spiteful / burgeoning <-> boss )

This fight is about maximizing your DPS and controlling when adds spawn. You do NOT want to a HP base wave happen when you just killed a Burgeoning and are in clean up )

I made a macro that announces the HP spawn points in raid from 5% -> 4% -> 3% -> 2% -> 1% -> NOW

I direct DPS to use burns before we go into a HP spawn wave so we can get through the extra mobs smoothly. If done correctly you will spawn the adds while everything is down. Then OT the burgeoning spawn ( no damage ) while the team bats clean up. It takes us about 1-2 timed add cycles to catch up from a HP wave.

Another key thing is getting the Sprouting down. When a burgeoning spawns, there WILL be a sprouting up. Your ranged DPS #1 job is to make sure they get killed before the grow up ( requiring more DPS )

From 30% to 0% the Boss will do emotes which do an 100-125' range AE DD + snare. All the bots need to be able to do these emotes.

From 16% to 0% we OT all burgeoning and focus all DPS on sprouting > trash > boss

----------------------------

Hope this helps.

Last edited: