Fartaunt

lamobard

Reaction score
Ran into many groups running fartaunt Macs, quit being funking idiots and write a non-lazy Mac you mooks.

Also put a delay in your Cc responses!

You're gonna get the lot of us banned when DB gets fed up with your idiocy.

Ran into many groups running fartaunt Macs, quit being funking idiots and write a non-lazy Mac you mooks.

Also put a delay in your Cc responses!

You're gonna get the lot of us banned when DB gets fed up with your idiocy.

As in you walked up to them and it kept running? Fartaunting in front of you?

Yes... lots of them do it. Ive even had them far taunt off me from like 1000feet away.

Also have people answer camp check in 0.5 secs.... then they repeat it instantly evertime someone says cc or camp check.

Do you want to spawn a ban wave because thats how you spawn a ban wave

I usually answer camp check the first few times but after that my oldness kicks in and I am like Get on a mount and look for dead mobs or extra glowing from groups of people and leave me alone! Never that fast tho I am usually waiting for respawns and raiding the fridge for beer.

I'm honesty more worried about the fartaunt laziness, the cc instant reply will get that person/group banned, but the increasing use of stupid obvious fartaunt is becoming noticeable.

Example, I was running around near the sw corner of OT, group in high mountain wall, I click on a mob about 1300 range from that mountain group, all the sudden I see mob with the tanks name on hott, tank still at spot.

Cheat smarter ffs, at least set a range of 150 or something in LoS.

1300 range

As far as I know fartaunt has a limit of about 600 or 800 units (in terms of being effective). Pretty sure it's around 600. Any farther than that the mob might aggro for a split second but won't run to the person who fartaunted it.

Either way...that person / group will catch a ban. If I were feeling generous I'd make a quick newb toon and send them some tells to let them know how much they suck, but there's no excuse for that kind of blatant stupidity and they will bring unwanted attention to the community by doing what they're doing.

If the person doing this is reading this....ASK FOR HELP. There's a lot of knowledge here that can be used to avoid looking as bad as you do.

Am seeing that a lot too in these big zones and a lot more warping. I just hope it doesn't bring the nuns with the rulers lol. Huge zones seem to bring out the worst lol takes forever to run across them and can be a pain if you don't have a great video card to the clip plane set low.

Am seeing that a lot too in these big zones and a lot more warping. I just hope it doesn't bring the nuns with the rulers lol. Huge zones seem to bring out the worst lol takes forever to run across them and can be a pain if you don't have a great video card to the clip plane set low.

Target mob with a toon, some range limits on this but this does work. Cast one of your cleric Intervention (?) line of heals that does damage to targets target, watch the mob run to the group. Less sketchy than warping and works well in dungeons.

fartaunt is not good to do in public. that said, max range is 600.

I watch a group inside the yeti caves using fartaunt all the time to pull. I hate running around to pull mobs but using that is just begging to get slapped with a ban.

Do you think fartaunt is okay when there is no one near, say 2000+ ?

Edit: The safe answer is never use it if there is anyone else in the zone but is there an in between where you think it is moderately safe?

Last edited:
Fartaunt is for the lazy really, and most bot groups now that have left FM are using it because mobs don't spawn in 5 min, and closely.

They are making the rest of us look REALLY bad.

They don't care really, it's all about fast xp+aa, rest of the people be damned.

I just train anyone I see using it

Fartaunt delay

I use fartaunt all the time... always by myself never with another PC in the zone. That being said i understand the range is 600 which is cool but there's also a 3 sec delay. Is there a way to remove teh delay? Also is there a way to taunt and have the social aggro in place? If i want to pull a camp i just taunt one and the rest come running like in real life;) ?

Fartaunt is a perfectly safe thing to do in all environments and situations. I run 32 toons in multiple/different situations and combinations in very populated zones. The worst you have to worry about is people here moaning about drawing attention because you are cutting into their revenue stream.

I didn't even realize fartaunt worked anymore lol... used to love it!