Falcons Vs 49'ers

Alexandra

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I live in Atlanta and of course am aviding rooting for The Falcons, I personally think the Falcons got this.

What are your thoughts?!?

What is your predictions on Score?

31 - 24 Falcons WIN!

we barly won over seattle think it will come down to luck on time for us again

I am 1 of 4 finalists in my company's survivor pool. We all have 2 strikes so one more means elimination. I must pick a winner from among SF, AT & Balt. We all picked NE last week so no one can pick them this week. I am leaning toward ATL. Plus ATL is sort of my adopted home as we have a cabin in the Blue Ridge foothills 100 miles north of the city.

What do you'll think? ATL or SF? I don't think Balt has a chance.
I could win over $1000.

Being I am a NE fan. I am going for ATL. I don't want to face the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

If ATL plays like they did in the first half last week, they will win hands down.

IF the 49ers play like they did against green bay, its over for ATL.

I'm a niner hater and I'm gonna say falcons are gonna get crushed
34-13 niners

falcons had trouble defending the read option vs seattle and the niners run that way better with kaepernick

I gotta say 49ers have this after the 49ers performance.

People keep saying that Atlanta performed poorly.. Did I miss the part where they lost the game? Why not say Seattle played really well, and Atlanta still found a way to win?

Atlanta is #1 seed in the playoffs right now. I will go with them.

And I know I will be in the minority but I am picking Ravens over Pats.

I found these on the AJC.

• Three of San Francisco's four losses this season came on the road. In each of those losses the 49ers scored 13 points or less.
• Two of the 49ers' losses this season were inside a comfortable, 72-degree domed stadium - Minnesota and St. Louis.
• The 49ers haven't won a road playoff game in 24 years. San Francisco has lost five straight road playoff games, including one at the Georgia Dome in 1999. The 49ers' last playoff road win was at Soldier Field in 1989 with some guy named Joe Montana piloting a 28-3 victory over Chicago. That remains the team's only NFC Championship win on the road.
• San Francisco has never reached the Super Bowl as the No. 2 seed.

People keep saying that Atlanta performed poorly.. Did I miss the part where they lost the game? Why not say Seattle played really well, and Atlanta still found a way to win?

Ravens over Pats, I doubt Brady will be denied going to the Superbowl again.

I'm a Niners fan and I've wanted to play Atlanta all year.
Here we go.

My brother is a die hard Niners fan and my house is die hard Falcons.

This game is definately personal! My brother talks so much crap on Falcons. I don't think I've ever wanted Falcons to win so badly ;)

As a Niner fan, I want to address some of the things Alex brought up:

• Three of San Francisco's four losses this season came on the road. In each of those losses the 49ers scored 13 points or less.
No excuses here. Most teams play at home much better than on the road.

• Two of the 49ers' losses this season were inside a comfortable, 72-degree domed stadium - Minnesota and St. Louis.
True statement, but Minnesota and St Louis are much different teams than Atlanta. They have much better run games to open up the passing game and that's how they effectively played the Niners.
The Niners have played highly offensive passing teams comparable to Atlanta's offense (Green Bay twice, New Orleans, New England, and Detroit) and beaten them all.

• The 49ers haven't won a road playoff game in 24 years. San Francisco has lost five straight road playoff games, including one at the Georgia Dome in 1999. The 49ers' last playoff road win was at Soldier Field in 1989 with some guy named Joe Montana piloting a 28-3 victory over Chicago. That remains the team's only NFC Championship win on the road.
I don't care about this stat too much because they hadn't been in the playoffs (other than last year) since what, 2002? Prior to that, most of their playoff games were at home.

• San Francisco has never reached the Super Bowl as the No. 2 seed.
I'm not worried about this stat either. Each year lives on it's on. This is the first time this year that they've been the second seed and this year is all that matters atm.

I'm not saying that SF is just going to walk in there and take it. But, I do expect a well played, well coached game. I just don't think Atlanta will be able to play with SF in the late parts of the game. So, if Atlanta gets a big lead in the 1st half, they have a shot. If San Francisco gets up in the 1st half, the game is over.

And yes, I do have money on the game. I have SF -3.5 and I probably would've / should've bought up to 6.5, because if they win it will be big.

It was 21-0 at half, atlanta.. lol

Lets put it this way. In North Carolina, out of 15 poker friends that gamble each week together, no one was willing to take the Falcons for a win. If you are putting money on a team, it's not the Falcons.

They looked like total horse crap and honestly shouldn't have won. Pete Carroll's bad game calls in the first half ultimately lost them the game. I also think Pete Carroll has an amazing eye for talent and the Seahawks will be an amazing team for many years to come.

49 Niners will win and it won't be close. 35 - 14
The Patriots will win and it won't be close. 49 -20

The best games were last week, not this week.

I'd make it worth your while if you'd give me those lines.

I'd almost bet my house that Baltimore won't lose by 4 TDs.

The best 2 games are this weekend.

While last week had some great games.

This is the week we all care about.

NE-BAL
34/31 Pats - They dont win big in the playoffs, they just win

ATL-49ers
42-34 - ATL

I'd make it worth your while if you'd give me those lines.

I'd almost bet my house that Baltimore won't lose by 4 TDs.

That's just my guesses. The bets would be based on the spread. Based on what I am seeing it's:

49niners -3.5 points
falcons +3.5 points

patriots -9 points
ravens +9 points

In this situation I would 100% pick both the niners and patriots.